Discuss your thoughts of the leaked CD tracks ...

gunsguy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the intro is in the new version :)

it throws your timing off

i KNEW the april irs was missing an intro :heart:

I now is missing the intro...and the new version has 12 second theres is no music in the end...that means axl should be starting singing at 25 instead of 23...Hmm

Edit:Dident think over the none music in the end of the new version...but anyway.

It's the same version.The intro is new and the rest is just better quality

so that means its from the trunk cd...And we can look forward to the rest of Better. Because this saint man has conections with someone who has it..Maybe him self

Dont think there is more then a couple of dudes or duettes who has it

the intro is in the new version :)

it throws your timing off

i KNEW the april irs was missing an intro :heart:

I now is missing the intro...and the new version has 12 second theres is no music in the end...that means axl should be starting singing at 25 instead of 23...Hmm

Edit:Dident think over the none music in the end of the new version...but anyway.

The distorted one is a bit faster also which I think is a playback problem as opposed to performance speed

Edited by SLG

I don't like to think these are from the Trunk tape because that would mean they were 3 years old. I like to think they are more recent.

Anyway 2 things struck me when I heard IRS.

1) It was brilliant.

2) It didn't appear as 'Rocky' as the Bloody Roses version.

But I love the acoustic intro to it. I'm dying to hear the rest of Better.

The OPENING CHORDS (nothing else) of IRS Remind me a lot of 'Army Ants' by stone temple pilots.

Other than that, really like the rhythm guitar on IRS. Lyrics are a bit boring though. I expected these will be tweaked for CD.

Better... Sounds very unfinished to me. The intro sounds like on the finised record it will be very effect laden and trippy bowie-esque space music style, which is cool. the section that is just starting as the 1.20 clip cuts sounds awesome would like to hear more of that.

For a rough demo recording Axls voice sounds great.

Thoughts?

Edited by Greekgelboy

Alright, I realize everyone has a boner over the new songs. While I am excited to hear Axl and am encouraged that Chinese Democracy might actually happen (barring Axl losing his mind and destroying all of the recordings... c'mon, you've thought of the possibility), the songs were nothing special.

Better: Sorry, but this song is weak. The intro sounds like a 13 year old messing on a guitar, and the song is one big pop cliche' lyricaly. The main riff is boring, plain and simple. Axl's voice does sound good, though.

I.R.S.: This one is ok... Another weak intro... Axl sounds ridiculous with the moaning in the beginning, but his singing is pretty cool after that. The shredding solo (Buckethead I assume?) is sweet as hell... too bad he's gone. I think some of the lyrics are pretty lame ("What can I do if I gave my heart to you?") more pop cliche's. I guess I just expect something more poetic and less sounding like it was written for Kelly Clarkson.

I could see I.R.S. on the DaVinci Code soundtrack given the conspiracy theme it seems to have- it would fit the story well.

I guess my bottom line is this: It's cool to hear from Axl, and I.R.S. is pretty good, but if these songs are any more than filler, this album will disapoint. It'll sell well then people will forget about it. I am hoping these are the songs that Axl will be leaving off of it, and we know he has like 30-something recorded for a 12 track album, so they may not be part of CD. I just expect more of him.

Peace,

Screech

I would call I.R.S. average................but in perspective, if this what Axl has been cooking up for the past decade, then the song is horrible.

I kinda like "Better". To me it has an indie/emo flavor to it. And I'm willing to bet that if Nas really worked with Axl in the past, this is the song that was worked on listening to the intro of the song.