There Was A Time Better than NR?

wasted

NR is burnt out....... TWAT is fresher obviously, but it is not a better all around tune .......NR has become one of the most recognized GNR songs ever, I can't see TWAT reaching that status, personally

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The November Rain solo is often found in the lists of the top 10 guitar solos ever written. TWAT is good, but not going to be sharing a list with Stairway to Heaven from now until eternity the way November Rain will. People on this board get all hyped up about the new songs and such, making wild claims about them being better than all the old stuff, often forgetting that the NR and SCOM solos are among the 25 greatest EVER. Not last 5-10 years, or against current music, but of all time. It is just silly to try and say some of the demo's are better than 2 of the greatest guitar driven songs ever written.

Actually TWAT i can't really get into.

Better kicks some ass and you guys dissin it and claiming no new song is better than ANY old song, well thats just being retarded.

I have also let many people hear Better, non GNR fans, well casual fans and they all admit its a pretty kick ass song.

BUT NOOOOOOOOO

Twat isn't in the same league as NR.

I think so. I have always been baffled at why people love NR so much. It is so repetitive and boring until the end . Coma is far better with better guitar work. Actually I could name at least 10 songs off of UYI 1 that I feel are better. NR has always been one of the most overated GNR tunes IMHO. I like the guitar work and tones all throughout TWAT---

I enjoy There Was A Time more than November Rain. TWAT is my favorite new song. I really wish the band was playing it at concerts. With all the talk on this board however it seems like I'm the only one who loves the song. :-\

No, TWAT is one of my favorite new songs, but to say it is better than November Rain is idiotic to me!

'There Was A Time' is indeed better than 'November Rain' in my opinion. That song has something special that makes you have a longing for the new material. Hands down they are the best lyrics Axl has ever written (that we know of).

'November Rain' is brilliant but ain't we rilled up for the new material? The problem is that everyone listens to them wondering what they can hate about them. I listened to all the new songs with as open a mind as I could muster and I just thought... Fuck!

TWAT is a very good song...but NR is a classic GNR song...one of their 3 best ever(Patience, NR, and Yesterdays). TWAT is a good song and maybe more radio-people will like it that NR...but as far as really paying attention to the lyrics and music....NR wins easily

There is no new song that is better than any old song.

Wich new song?? All the leaked "new" songs we heard so far are many months old.

To answer the topic title. Twat can't beat November rain.

Edited by droezle