My email to KFAN AM Radio.

Almost Famous

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice arguement. It's a good thing Slash isn't in GNR anymore, I mean, he doesn't play with emotion anymore. I mean Finck just exudes emotion running around, skipping, and making faces. Why can't he be like Finck, and run around and make faces and butcher all the old solos? I mean what's wrong with Slash? Doesn't Slash know it's not cool to bend intune intune anymore? Get with the times people. THIS IS GNR.

:anger:

Nice arguement. It's a good thing Slash isn't in GNR anymore, I mean, he doesn't play with emotion anymore. I mean Finck just exudes emotion running around, skipping, and making faces. Why can't he be like Finck, and run around and make faces and butcher all the old solos? I mean what's wrong with Slash? Doesn't Slash know it's not cool to bend intune intune anymore? Get with the times people. THIS IS GNR.

:anger:

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol: Priceless :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

So yesterday at work my boss told me about KFAN AM radio ragging on this lineup and told me to email 'em n' put in my input about why they should go see this show.

Here is the email. Remember people, this is my opinion!

Hello there,

My boss mentioned to me that you were ragging on Guns N' Roses not being Guns N' Roses without Slash. Well, first off, let me introduce myself, I've been a fan of Guns N' Roses my whole life, I'm 17 now. Anyways, I've always been a die hard Guns N' Roses fan, I've got every live audio recording released so far, and a number of concerts in video/DVD. I've listened to each and everyone, and have came up with reasons to go and see this band live.

My Boss told me to either call or e-mail you guys about this little 'ragging' of the new band.

So, without further ado, here is my top 6 reasons why this upcoming concert at the Target Center would be worth going to.

1. Axl Rose's voice:

Currently, his vocals are the best that they've been at since December of 1991 to January of 1992. His voice was shot through out most of the two and a half year Use Your Illusion tour. During their 'stint' during 2002, Axl's voice was not up to par, he sounded more so like an early 1984/1985 Axl. In 2006, Axl's vocals are actually the best that they have ever been.

2. Guest appearances by Izzy Stradlin and Sebastain Bach:

Axl and Izzy got together on stage for the first time since May 30th, 1993, at the final show, May 17th 2006 of the four sold out shows at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City. And, through out the European Tour, from June 11th, 2006 to the final show of the tour, on July 30st 2006 at Wembley Stadium in London, was a guest on anywhere from 3 to 5 songs a night.

Also, Sebastain Bach has been doing a duet with Axl on 'My Michelle'. Baz totally kicks ass on the song. From all the reviews I've read about the shows with Baz and Axl on vocals, almost everyone has said that it's been one of the highlights of the concert.

3. The combination of Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal, Robin Finck, and Richard Fortus:

Richard Fortus and Robin Finck are the two tightest guitarist's in any band right now. They've both got amazing onstage charisma, and they're tighter then Slash n' Izzy were back in their heyday. Also, with the recent addition of Ron Thal, the three of them are the most talented, close nit guitarists currently out there. Ron's got amazing abilities, he's got the talent of Slash, and the ability to shred like ex-guitarist Buckethead.

Robin Finck worked with Nine Inch Nails and Cirque Du Soleil in the past. His got an on-stage presence that matches the likes of Angus Young. Richard Fortus did a lot of session work back before replacing longtime friend of Axl's and guitarist, Paul 'Huge' Tobias. Since the addition of Richard in the summer of 2002, Guns N' Roses have became even better. Richard and Robin are today's Slash and Izzy. They're a great team together.

4. A highly successful European Tour.

The European Tour consisted of a number of festival shows, including Download Festival at Castle Donnington, Gods Of Metal in Milan, Italy, Rock In Rio 2006, and the NovaRock festival.

This tour included 10 sold out shows, and was the most successful tour in the UK during the summer. This tour was the best tour for Guns N' Roses since the 1987/1988 tour for Appetite For Destruction. No riots like in 1991 and 1992, no walk offs in the middle of the show (There was one, but an audience member kept throwing shit at Axl after being told not to, but the show was ended without an encore. They finished their normal set, and skipped the two song encore, so that doesn't really count.)

Also, songs that haven't been played in years, for example Used To Love Her was played a few times during the tour.

And, we can't forget the live performances of some of the material from the upcoming album Chinese Democracy. (Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Better, IRS, There Was A Time and Madagascar)

5. May 12,14,15, and 17 shows at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City.

Well, the shows speak for themselves, seeing as they sold out in under 3 minutes. If no one wanted to see GnR because they don't have Slash, why would there be 10 sold out shows during the European Tour, and the 4 NYC shows selling out in under 3 minutes?

6. Slash:

Have you heard his playing in the last 10 years or so? He's lost a lot of the emotion he used to put into playing when he was with Guns N' Roses, frankly, I think he should 'retire' because, since leaving Guns N' Roses, his playing has went downhill. Velvet Revolver isn't worth even seeing live, or even listening to. The level that Slash used to play at, is no longer there, he will not be as good as he was before. Since 1993, his work has been going downhill. Listen to his Solo albums from Slash's Snakepit, they're mediocre at best, but hardly even that. But, don't get me wrong, I do like Slash, but since 1993 his work has not been to his full potential. Even the second Slash's Snakepit album, was hardly mentionable, and should not have been released. It was a huge flop on Slash's part. And, with the Velvet Revolver album, I couldn't make it through the first 4 tracks without turning it off, it was a very big letdown, not only for me, but other people who thought that VR might be up to par with GnR. Frankly, that is NOT the case. I haven't listened to the VR record since I turned it off, I was hugely let down, because it did not even come close to matching the hype that was made about it.

Media to help prove my point even more then already stated above:

Videos from Download Festival, Donnington, England can be found on the bands official website. I would link to the videos, but I can not.

So, go to www.gunsnroses.com and then click on watch video. There is three videos there, My Michelle featuring Sebastain Bach, Paradise City featuring Izzy, and Nightrain, also with Izzy Stradlin.

And, some audio; these are tracks that were leaked onto the Internet in February. (Please do not spread this link, I am hosting it on my own web space and I only have a small amount of bandwidth per month)

LINK Removed.

If you need some live stuff to even further prove my point, give me an address and I'll send out the complete recording of Download Festival, recorded from Axl's Monitor feed.

Hope you enjoyed the read;

Alex Anderson, a 17 year old die hard GnR fan from Bloomington.

What do you guys think? Don't bash, as it's a waste of time since this is based on my opinion as I stated above.

Well ....

I disagree.

It's sort of funny how different people have different opinions on one reality

1* axl lost his vioce - period!

His scream in VMA's was nothing more than embarrassing.

That's a pity & I feel for him 'cos once he was amazing.

2* Slash lost none of his bad ass riffs.

Just listen carefully to tracks 1, 10, 11, 12 & more on VR record.

There is some guitar work I'd love to hear on new GN'R record instead.

Nothing on leaks maybe except TWAT (which might be Slash work anyway) is close to that.

And it makes me laugh when people say BBF or Bucket are better than Slash (Fink is out of equation).

Well technically maybe although I'm not so sure.

But when it comes to coming up with messy rock tunes that will complement the whole song through all it's length they not in the same league.

And they have nothing to show really what might contest any of Slash work.

And when it comes to stage presence you have all the old stuff on DVD an so on so I just can't understand how one can say Fink, Fortus or BBF is even close to mayestro Slash.

Slash has same charisma, fame & recognition as Axl even now

New GN'R are just Axl's backing band

They can't speak of the new album they're paid by axl to do their job etc....

It's not a real band!

3* Regarding this years tour.

People did not come to see new GN'R or hear new songs or new album (there's no any for aaaa ... 14 years?)

They came to hear old classics written by certain Slash

And they came 'cos they a lil' bit curious what's going with GN'R nowadays.

In terms of attendance on concerts it's nowhere near as it was with real GN'R.

sold out 5 000 seater is different story to sold out stadium

and anticipation, expectation, yearning for 'new GN'R' is much lower than back in a days

That's because most of old GN'R fans don't belive Axl is capable of amazing record on his own

even with good session musicians like BH to help.

But you're only 17 so you cannot remember how it was in late 80's & early 90's.

Belive me it was much different & better.

i was around then'

btw- your post is correct'

i take my hat off to you rock3

So yesterday at work my boss told me about KFAN AM radio ragging on this lineup and told me to email 'em n' put in my input about why they should go see this show.

Hello there,

My boss mentioned to me that you were ragging on Guns N' Roses not being Guns N' Roses without Slash. Well, first off, let me introduce myself, I've been a fan of Guns N' Roses my whole life, I'm 17 now. Anyways, I've always been a die hard Guns N' Roses fan, I've got every live audio recording released so far, and a number of concerts in video/DVD. I've listened to each and everyone, and have came up with reasons to go and see this band live.

My Boss told me to either call or e-mail you guys about this little 'ragging' of the new band.

So, without further ado, here is my top 6 reasons why this upcoming concert at the Target Center would be worth going to.

1. Axl Rose's voice:

Currently, his vocals are the best that they've been at since December of 1991 to January of 1992. His voice was shot through out most of the two and a half year Use Your Illusion tour. During their 'stint' during 2002, Axl's voice was not up to par, he sounded more so like an early 1984/1985 Axl. In 2006, Axl's vocals are actually the best that they have ever been.

Axl and Izzy got together on stage for the first time since May 30th, 1993, at the final show, May 17th 2006 of the four sold out shows at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City. And, through out the European Tour, from June 11th, 2006 to the final show of the tour, on July 30st 2006 at Wembley Stadium in London, was a guest on anywhere from 3 to 5 songs a night.

Also, Sebastain Bach has been doing a duet with Axl on 'My Michelle'. Baz totally kicks ass on the song. From all the reviews I've read about the shows with Baz and Axl on vocals, almost everyone has said that it's been one of the highlights of the concert.

Richard Fortus and Robin Finck are the two tightest guitarist's in any band right now. They've both got amazing onstage charisma, and they're tighter then Slash n' Izzy were back in their heyday. Also, with the recent addition of Ron Thal, the three of them are the most talented, close nit guitarists currently out there. Ron's got amazing abilities, he's got the talent of Slash, and the ability to shred like ex-guitarist Buckethead.

Robin Finck worked with Nine Inch Nails and Cirque Du Soleil in the past. His got an on-stage presence that matches the likes of Angus Young. Richard Fortus did a lot of session work back before replacing longtime friend of Axl's and guitarist, Paul 'Huge' Tobias. Since the addition of Richard in the summer of 2002, Guns N' Roses have became even better. Richard and Robin are today's Slash and Izzy. They're a great team together.

The European Tour consisted of a number of festival shows, including Download Festival at Castle Donnington, Gods Of Metal in Milan, Italy, Rock In Rio 2006, and the NovaRock festival.

This tour included 10 sold out shows, and was the most successful tour in the UK during the summer. This tour was the best tour for Guns N' Roses since the 1987/1988 tour for Appetite For Destruction. No riots like in 1991 and 1992, no walk offs in the middle of the show (There was one, but an audience member kept throwing shit at Axl after being told not to, but the show was ended without an encore. They finished their normal set, and skipped the two song encore, so that doesn't really count.)

Also, songs that haven't been played in years, for example Used To Love Her was played a few times during the tour.

And, we can't forget the live performances of some of the material from the upcoming album Chinese Democracy. (Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Better, IRS, There Was A Time and Madagascar)

Well, the shows speak for themselves, seeing as they sold out in under 3 minutes. If no one wanted to see GnR because they don't have Slash, why would there be 10 sold out shows during the European Tour, and the 4 NYC shows selling out in under 3 minutes?

6. Slash:

Have you heard his playing in the last 10 years or so? He's lost a lot of the emotion he used to put into playing when he was with Guns N' Roses, frankly, I think he should 'retire' because, since leaving Guns N' Roses, his playing has went downhill. Velvet Revolver isn't worth even seeing live, or even listening to. The level that Slash used to play at, is no longer there, he will not be as good as he was before. Since 1993, his work has been going downhill. Listen to his Solo albums from Slash's Snakepit, they're mediocre at best, but hardly even that. But, don't get me wrong, I do like Slash, but since 1993 his work has not been to his full potential. Even the second Slash's Snakepit album, was hardly mentionable, and should not have been released. It was a huge flop on Slash's part. And, with the Velvet Revolver album, I couldn't make it through the first 4 tracks without turning it off, it was a very big letdown, not only for me, but other people who thought that VR might be up to par with GnR. Frankly, that is NOT the case. I haven't listened to the VR record since I turned it off, I was hugely let down, because it did not even come close to matching the hype that was made about it.

Videos from Download Festival, Donnington, England can be found on the bands official website. I would link to the videos, but I can not.

So, go to www.gunsnroses.com and then click on watch video. There is three videos there, My Michelle featuring Sebastain Bach, Paradise City featuring Izzy, and Nightrain, also with Izzy Stradlin.

And, some audio; these are tracks that were leaked onto the Internet in February. (Please do not spread this link, I am hosting it on my own web space and I only have a small amount of bandwidth per month)

LINK Removed.

If you need some live stuff to even further prove my point, give me an address and I'll send out the complete recording of Download Festival, recorded from Axl's Monitor feed.

What do you guys think? Don't bash, as it's a waste of time since this is based on my opinion as I stated above.

Well ....

I disagree.

Nothing on leaks maybe except TWAT (which might be Slash work anyway) is close to that.

And it makes me laugh when people say BBF or Bucket are better than Slash (Fink is out of equation).

But when it comes to coming up with messy rock tunes that will complement the whole song through all it's length they not in the same league.

And when it comes to stage presence you have all the old stuff on DVD an so on so I just can't understand how one can say Fink, Fortus or BBF is even close to mayestro Slash.

It's not a real band!

People did not come to see new GN'R or hear new songs or new album (there's no any for aaaa ... 14 years?)

and anticipation, expectation, yearning for 'new GN'R' is much lower than back in a days

That's because most of old GN'R fans don't belive Axl is capable of amazing record on his own

i was around then'

me too rock3

I like the "new" GNR too, BUT, to me it pretty much depends on the upcoming album

Hello there,

1. Axl Rose's voice:

6. Slash:

LINK Removed.

Well ....

I disagree.

It's not a real band!

i was around then'

me too rock3

I like the "new" GNR too, BUT, to me it pretty much depends on the upcoming album

great, its pretty hard not to like a band that plays songs you loved when you were a young lad

stick fortus or ron on lead' stick the worst guitarist of the three in the background

heres a good line up

all the new members, exept one,

then replace him with ANYONE & i mean ANYONE that CAN play' it doesn't have to be slash, it could be eddie van halen for all i care, aslong as he can play

does that make me a hater of the new band?

well to 95 % of the members here it does, in my opinion it doesn't, but as most of you know i couldn't give a flying fuck what the majority of you think of me

now let me retort for the mentally challenged

gnr can be all the new members'thats fine with me,

but i want a guitarist that can play proper lead, this could be anyone in the world

your sisters cousins nephew

your dad

your girlfriend or wife

eddie van halen

yngwie j malmsteen

mr magoo

daffy duck,

do you understand?

Edited by lawrence

you se above what you get with GNR mullethead fans...They come up with their own version of Axl bashing :lol:

I love and respect Axl, but he does things to give people reasons to bash him. If he'd handle things differently, perhaps fans wouldn't have as many problems relating to GNR.

Well some of this shit in this thread is just horrible!!!!! You dont go into a fan forum and bash the band or people who were in a band for so long with so many CLASSIC tunes and bash!!! Alot of us still like or admire the work of the former band so these bashin comments come with consequnces!!!!! :fuckyou:

6. Slash:

This is the biggest and most biased pile of horseshit I have yet to read on this forum. Jesus.

You hurt your credibility when you chose to include this in that letter. Like Moreblack said, you can't make your point if you have to bash someone in order to make the band look good. It just weakens your case.

He isn't fuckin bashing anybody. He is just stating how things are. He explained it very maturely. So everytime anyone criticizes Slash, it's just a pile of horseshit? Now who is the biased one here? Pathetic dude...

Well I don't think he's accurate with his analysis of Slash's post-gnr output. You mean to tell me Slash has not made one good riff since leaving GnR? Come on. I don't even LIKE Slash's work outside of Guns for the most part and I know that's not true. Do you really think he gave those post-gnr songs a fair chance? He even admits himself he stopped listening to Contraband after 4 songs. I mean really dude...that paragraph is HARSH. I just don't think he gave Slash a fair shake.

In any case that's a moot point, because the main problem here is that he needs to criticize Slash in order to make the new band look good. Why not discuss them on their own merits and leave the ex-members out of it? Does denigrating Slash's abilities really make his argument more credible? Think about it.

Criticising any old member is going to catch flack here, because unlike certain unnamed members, most of us respect the past which is why we all are here on this forum.

He needed to criticize slash because if I read it correctly, The entire email is predicated on some dumbfuck DJ that said GNr ain't worth a shit w/out slash.

and as I said, the best way to NOT win him over is to bash Slash in order to make the new guys look good.

it was 1/6 of the point. It was defending a case to someone who refuses to go to the show because that certain person wont be there. No big deal. you axl haters have no case, this is a legitamate, well written email.

to those of you who want to keep bashing the band, why dont you fuck off and find a board where its cool to do that shit.

Guest cherry_bomb

gotta agree with you on all parts AF.

1 - axl clearly hasnt lost his rasp - sure some nights he might not be on top form, but from the shows i went to it was there; and his voice fucking blew me away. hearing that voice live is just amazing.

2 - the guest appearances have been brilliant, and really special actually. seeing izzy was such an immense personal highlight for a gnr fan. they were great, but they werent the highlights of the shows for me - just an added bonus ;)

3 - couldnt agree more! fortus n finck are so good together - they really bounce off each others energy and the bond between them is so obvious, their playing really compliments each other. ron has brought such a great energy to the band and added another dimension to the band, i think its great how well he's fitted in; he's such a likeable guy which really helps. i loved buckethead, he's a phenominal guitarist - sure he played with emotion technically, but to look at him was pretty un-moving, how could anyone ever relate with that. as a 3some, they really work, in every way.

4 - well, obv thats undisputable. the tour was a huge success, just a shame the lack of coverage it got in the british media. something which needs to be fixed.

5 - the buzz behind the NYc shows was incredible! the people who went were so lucky, and the reviews speak for themselves.

6 - im undecided. i have a lot of love for slash. personally, i dislike the VR album. when i got it, i loved it - but after a few listens, it just dawned on me that nothing fit. i cant put my finger on it. it sounded really generic, no emotion in it - which isnt what you expect from slash. sure, there are moments where he shines, but not half of what he is capable of. in all honesty - axl and slash were an unbeatable team. but it seems like slash needs axl more than axl needs slash, and the "new" line up of gnr just proves that.

and as I said, the best way to NOT win him over is to bash Slash in order to make the new guys look good.

it was 1/6 of the point. It was defending a case to someone who refuses to go to the show because that certain person wont be there. No big deal. you axl haters have no case, this is a legitamate, well written email.

to those of you who want to keep bashing the band, why dont you fuck off and find a board where its cool to do that shit.

Learn to read. Nobody is bashing the band. We're defending Slash. It's you axl sycophants that feel trashing ex-members is a must in making the new band look good.

I think you should follow your own advice and fuck off to newguns.com since you seem to take offense to any mention of the old band or it's legacy. They follow the gestapo tactics you are comfortable with, banning anyone who doesn't fawn over the new band.

I mean god forbid we stick up for Slash, the lead guitarist of ALL the released guns albums in the catalogue. You are fuckin unbelievable JB

Learn to read. Nobody is bashing the band. We're defending Slash. It's you axl sycophants that feel trashing ex-members is a must in making the new band look good.

I think you should follow your own advice and fuck off to newguns.com since you seem to take offense to any mention of the old band or it's legacy. They follow the gestapo tactics you are comfortable with, banning anyone who doesn't fawn over the new band.

I mean god forbid we stick up for Slash, the lead guitarist of ALL the released guns albums in the catalogue. You are fuckin unbelievable JB

thenewguns.com is a great board. I have known the admin there for many years now and have many posts on that board. So I'm already there. I also have a Robin Finck board. Its nice to be able to go to places where I dont have to read a lot of this garbage.

But that doesn't change how disrespectful some of you mulletheads are to the band. this is one of the biggest GNR forums on the net and its bullshit that some of you get away with the shit you do here. go worship ex members in the ex members sections and there is no problem. stop bashing the band, including axl and robin on this board, and there are no problems.

6 - im undecided. i have a lot of love for slash. personally, i dislike the VR album. when i got it, i loved it - but after a few listens, it just dawned on me that nothing fit. i cant put my finger on it. it sounded really generic, no emotion in it - which isnt what you expect from slash. sure, there are moments where he shines, but not half of what he is capable of. in all honesty - axl and slash were an unbeatable team. but it seems like slash needs axl more than axl needs slash, and the "new" line up of gnr just proves that.

Axl put together some of the best session musicians money can buy (with the exception of Finck). He has spent 13 million dollars on this album and has worked on it for nearing a decade. I'd expect new guns to have atleast a few decent songs with that kind of development history.

I don't care much for the VR album either, but they went in a different direction than guns. It's a new band...hence different music than what we are used to. They put together their album in less than 1yr and came together organically.

Two separate situations.

Now if Slash went out and got Chris Cornell on vocals, Josh freese on drums, Les Claypool on bass, and dave Navarro sharing guitar duties, then yeah you'd have a comparable situation. This lineup would own new gnr again and again.

Guest cherry_bomb

Axl put together some of the best session musicians money can buy (with the exception of Finck). He has spent 13 million dollars on this album and has worked on it for nearing a decade. I'd expect new guns to have atleast a few decent songs with that kind of development history.

I don't care much for the VR album either, but they went in a different direction than guns. It's a new band...hence different music than what we are used to. They put together their album in less than 1yr and came together organically.

Two separate situations.

Now if Slash went out and got Chris Cornell on vocals, Josh freese on drums, Les Claypool on bass, and dave Navarro sharing guitar duties, then yeah you'd have a comparable situation. This lineup would own new gnr again and again.

yeah i guess.

im not big on supergroups, even though the idea of cornell and slash etc would be awesome, i dunno...im sceptical. anyway, i just think the vr album sounds forced.

you are correct that finck is not a session musican. he is above that. He is the best member in this band. The reviews speak for themselves.

http://www.calendarlive.com/music/cl-et-in...-music-features

Guitarist Robin Finck, in particular, has grown toward something like equality with Rose; his solos flashed and bubbled, deviating enough from ex-GNR lead guitarist Slash's style that they gave hope that the new Guns N' Roses is becoming more than a replicant. The other two guitarists, Richard Fortus and Ron Thal, demonstrated killer chops but less brio, mostly hewing to notes that replicated the original versions

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=79879

Lead guitarist Robin Finck injected a personality to rival Slash, even if his guitar tones sometimes strayed slightly from the originals

Robin is going to the next biggest thing in GNR next to Axl. Gee , I wonder why the Axl haters dislike him so much.. Its jealousy. Its their gay emotional attachement to the guy Robin replaced.

6. Slash:

Have you heard his playing in the last 10 years or so? He's lost a lot of the emotion he used to put into playing when he was with Guns N' Roses, frankly, I think he should 'retire' because, since leaving Guns N' Roses, his playing has went downhill. Velvet Revolver isn't worth even seeing live, or even listening to.

:rolleyes:

If this New Gnr is so great your would not have to discredit others to build this new band up. Have you seen this band live?

JB..I hate to break this to you...but...Buckethead, Bumblefoot, and Fortus literally blow Finck off the stage. They play better than Finck. I think where Finck is earning his pay is his songwriting ability.

Finck is the only lead guitarist of a major band in Rock N' Roll history to be the least talented player in his own band. If his songwriting is whats keeping him around, then he should be a rythm player like Izzy was, giving way to the obviously more talented players to play lead.

JB..I hate to break this to you...but...Buckethead, Bumblefoot, and Fortus literally blow Finck off the stage. They play better than Finck. I think where Finck is earning his pay is his songwriting ability.

Sly, i hate to break it to you.. but i've seen this band with Robin 4 times and you've seen them a total of zero. Robin gets the most cheers out of allthe guitar players when Axl introduces the band, every time. He gets the most leads and solos.

Come talk to me after you've seen the band yourself.

He mentioned Slash in his article as one of his points...I'm not saying I disagree with it as I stated in my post I made 5 minutes ago, which is located as the second post from the top on this page(or somewhere close to that)....all I'm saying is that he brought Slash in saying that he is going downhill....

While people are here for the new band, most will defend against Slash because they love him....It's like going onto the biggest and most loyal ACDC board and saying Bon Scott sucks. While people have their own opinions, almost everyone will come to the aid of Bon Scott. And before you say it is a completely different situation...it is not! Bon Scott was the original member and he died. (RIP) SLash was an "original" member(so to speak) and now he's out of the band. Brian Johnson came in and RELEASED material. Robin, Richard, and BBF are now in the band and hopefully will be releasing material soon. The only difference between the two is that one left because they passed away(RIP Bon Scott) and the other left because of unfortunate circumstances. Now whilst Bon Scott did die and ppl find an affection to him, if he did decide to leave ACDC back in 1979(or whenever it happened) in the same manner Slash left, you would also have people love him and run to his aid if anyone ever bashed him.

Now I'm not saying that bashing Slash is wrong because A_F has made valid points, even in his Slash part....but for you A_D to ask us why we "have our panties in a bunch" about comments made about old members, well that's just plain idiotic. It would be the same as if you went to the most loyal Van Halen forum around the time that Hagar joined and said bad things about David Lee Roth and expected them to be OK with it. Guess what?.... they wouldn't be!!

But nonetheless if you say bad things about Bon Scott on an ACDC forum then expect the pain to get brought unto you. And if you say bad things about Slash on a GNR forum then expect the pain to get brought unto you. And if you don't like it, which I know you don't A_D, then get the fuck out!

I read this entire thread, and I must say this is probably the best post in the whole thread....yet so.... :blink: overlooked?

Edited by 3rd Wheel