The Tentative Release Date of March 6th

Allen8R

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at this point, I'm thinking the album will never be released...

you have a slash avatar, who givea a fuck what you think, Slash isnt even in this band anymore. You would secretly love this wouldnt you? I have noticed that 99% of the negative people have x guns avatars or sigs. Not a coincidence. I suggest dropping that avatar and the rest of those other guys and get on board. Or, go to VR's site and bitch. Either way, I dont give a shit, thanks for nothing.

My somebodys up tite This whole forums is going to explode if cd is not out this year

I think it's pretty obvious that Axl died sometime in the mid 90's and the record company hired a double (who doesn't really look like him) to pretend he's Axl so they can make a few bucks off a tour or two. They also developed this myth of a Chinese Democracy album that really doesn't exist just to keep the stupid fans that don't realise it's a farce coming back for more.

Duh...

I mean it'd explain why Axl sounds so bad and got so ugly.

You apparently didn't hear him sing on this last tour.

You likewise must think people don't age or change their look.

Ok, Compare this scream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuYKSNgDpjE

To this scream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsV5Mrd8E08

... The second one is an embarrasment.

You picked one that sounds bad on purpose mother fucker. He doesn't sound like that all the time.

I think it's pretty obvious that Axl died sometime in the mid 90's and the record company hired a double (who doesn't really look like him) to pretend he's Axl so they can make a few bucks off a tour or two. They also developed this myth of a Chinese Democracy album that really doesn't exist just to keep the stupid fans that don't realise it's a farce coming back for more.

Duh...

Ok, Compare this scream

To this scream

You picked one that sounds bad on purpose mother fucker. He doesn't sound like that all the time.

Rock AM Ring was by far the best he's been vocally since the "old" days.

However, most of the time he does sound more like he did at the VMAs.

I think Rock AM Ring was a mix of having good energy and also great mixing - sadly a lot of other concerts like Rock in Rio and KROQ were mixed very poorly.

It's funny to think how many of us were phsyced to be thinking it was coming last year.

In the words of Mr. T - "I pity the fool who waits for Chinese Democracy"

Edited by Opax

at this point, I'm thinking the album will never be released...

you have a slash avatar, who givea a fuck what you think, Slash isnt even in this band anymore. You would secretly love this wouldnt you? I have noticed that 99% of the negative people have x guns avatars or sigs. Not a coincidence. I suggest dropping that avatar and the rest of those other guys and get on board. Or, go to VR's site and bitch. Either way, I dont give a shit, thanks for nothing.

My somebodys up tite This whole forums is going to explode if cd is not out this year

I'm pretty sure Axl will have exhausted any good will he may have left with his legions of fans if this album doesn't surface by like Early April. If another "tentative" release date is put out there and I can't imagine that being the case, no one will bite. In fact it will only piss off more people. If a concrete date is put out there than that will assuage most concerns and buy Axl more time. But that concrete date that is issued can't be fluid, it has to be certain, and without question. It is likely that we won't hear anything about this album until the start of March. This is when the anticipation and anger toward Axl will reach it's apex. Most people will be so fed up they'll only be a amused from a pure side show perspective. The other scenario which is just as likely is that Axl may not resurface at all, he may not state anything and he may vanish again completely from site. This however plausible, would be the worst thing he can do. In this scenario he not only loses his fan base for good but he pretty much writes his own epitaph as rock music's most disgracefull artist of all time. I don't think this will be the case however. To much effort and time has already been put into this thing. But I don't see this thing happening anytime soon. Maybe Next Christmas if at all.

Todays music market demands at least 3 months of promotion around a major-artists release - ESPECIALLY an artist that has been off the shelves with NEW music for 16 years, and has a completely new band/look/and sound.

If this album comes out on Match 6, then I will clean all of your dirty toilets with my toungue.

so why is nine inch nails promoting a live album in febuary and has an album coming out on april 17..dosent make sense to promote a live album then studio album ..in todays internet world albums promote themselfs amognst fans three months ahead of time and then the month before it drops the label does the rest

Duh...

Ok, Compare this scream

To this scream

what's an embarassment is how crappily matt sorum played WTTJ and how uninspired that band was at that point....

I hope I live long enough to hear this CD! :P

I have thought of this. How many diehard GNR fans do you think have passed away without ever being able to hear this album?? Its sad in a way, Axl delaying it for years on years, and when it finally comes out some of his greatest fans will not be able to enjoy it because of Axl's work habits.

Axl's probably depressed right now as his Birthday is fast approaching. He's going to be 45 this year. Halfway through his forties and on the super highway to 50. My gut feeling is that the album will come out in the summer and they'll have a single in the new "Transformers" movie.

To the scream comparer guy:

The MTV one wasnt the greatest, but Axl has his face too close to the microphone anyway. So eat that one up.

While his voice isn't where it was in his prime, its damn good again. Axl should keep singing and touring and

he can nurse that baby back to full power. Well...95% power.

well id like to guess that the album is in the hands of the new management...im sure it cant be an overnight transition to have new management come in and get everything back on track....Merck has the reigns for so long..and now hes gone just before the 'alleged' release date and final touches? i doubt that could be overcome in such a short time....whoever is trying to fill Merck's shoes im sure has their work cut out for them...esp with Axl..hes only used to 'yes' men so the new management has to learn to say 'yes' to everything....and then learn to find a way to make that 'yes' into a reality :)

Axl's probably depressed right now as his Birthday is fast approaching. He's going to be 45 this year. Halfway through his forties and on the super highway to 50. My gut feeling is that the album will come out in the summer and they'll have a single in the new "Transformers" movie.

:shocked:

:lol: That would kick ass

For what its worth, many different retailers are taking pre-orders. I don't think this has been done before and the release date slated for March 5th, which is a day before

the tenative 6th given by dear William.

wich is dumb cause alot of people will be pissed when its delayed ..

For what its worth, many different retailers are taking pre-orders. I don't think this has been done before and the release date slated for March 5th, which is a day before

wich is dumb cause alot of people will be pissed when its delayed ..

I wish Axl would say "I'm going to hibernate for awhile, so don't wait up" but I guess if he were to do that, people wouldn't be nearly as hungry for all things Gn'R -_-

I'm pretty sure Axl will have exhausted any good will he may have left with his legions of fans if this album doesn't surface by like Early April. If another "tentative" release date is put out there and I can't imagine that being the case, no one will bite. In fact it will only piss off more people. If a concrete date is put out there than that will assuage most concerns and buy Axl more time. But that concrete date that is issued can't be fluid, it has to be certain, and without question. It is likely that we won't hear anything about this album until the start of March. This is when the anticipation and anger toward Axl will reach it's apex. Most people will be so fed up they'll only be a amused from a pure side show perspective. The other scenario which is just as likely is that Axl may not resurface at all, he may not state anything and he may vanish again completely from site. This however plausible, would be the worst thing he can do. In this scenario he not only loses his fan base for good but he pretty much writes his own epitaph as rock music's most disgracefull artist of all time. I don't think this will be the case however. To much effort and time has already been put into this thing. But I don't see this thing happening anytime soon. Maybe Next Christmas if at all.

Excellent post. This is exactly my sentiment. If we hear anything from Axl at all it will likely be into March or after because people will be boiling at that point. Obviously March 6th is gone and if it is true he's fiddle fucking around and recording again we could be seriously fucked here folks. I am just constantly perpelexed by this entire thing, it's stunning. Does he not see that he's losing his fan base, becoming a huge joke (more so than he already is) and looks like a complete psycho? Sure, people will still buy the damn thing when it comes out and show interest but he's just building the mountain higher and higher. People expect this album to be earth shattering and of the highest quality because it has taken so long to make and with each passing year the psychology of it is people just expect it to be that much more great. As so many people have already said he's basically backed himself into a corner. If he actually decides to go into a prolonged period of silence while working on the album, and it goes on for months and perhaps years the mountain will be so high that the album will simply have to be THE best rock album ever bar none and that simply isn't going to happen. He has momentum from this past tour, his name is out there, people are excited for this album and if he doesn't come through this spring or summer I think it's pretty much over. I seriously think that we'll start to see band members leave as well. I know people will argue with me on that point but in all honesty I think Tommy in particular is tired of his shit.

Pull your shit together asshole and release the album now.

Yes, it has happened before. Where were you last year... or maybe it was '05? You could order that shit on Amazon for a while.

Duh...

Ok, Compare this scream

To this scream

I think Rock AM Ring was a mix of having good energy and also great mixing - sadly a lot of other concerts like Rock in Rio and KROQ were mixed very poorly.

I was at the Toronto gig in November and I think he sounded fucking great. Even better than Rock Am Ring for the most part. I was only dissapointed in one song that night, and it's You Could Be Mine. Never liked it by this band. My Michelle wasn't as good, vocally, as it has been with Bas, but still fucking rocked.

I also think Better sounds better like it did in Toronto, and KROQ over the Rock Am Ring show in Germany.

Duh...

Ok, Compare this scream

To this scream

I was at the Toronto gig in November and I think he sounded fucking great. Even better than Rock Am Ring for the most part. I was only dissapointed in one song that night, and it's You Could Be Mine. Never liked it by this band. My Michelle wasn't as good, vocally, as it has been with Bas, but still fucking rocked.

I also think Better sounds better like it did in Toronto, and KROQ over the Rock Am Ring show in Germany.

Wow, I thought Better sounds a lot better at RAR than KROQ. It sounded like the demo at RAR and at KROQ I felt like his voice was a bit too whiny/helium-like. But KROQ was good, I think the sound mix was just average because it was a poor quality webcast. I'd love for them to release some shows in high quality later on through the website, but I doubt it will happen.