Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High Heels & Low Lifes - Minnie Driver, Danny Dyer

The Trench - Paul Nicholls, Danny Dyer

Gun Crazy - John Dall (the smarter of the two from Hitchcocks Rope) Peggy Cummins. Really funky little film, 50s noir Bonnie and Clydesque movie, REALLY well made for a kind of a semi B-picture. I really dug watching it the first time i saw it and this time too. Also, watching it now, the rollercoaster scene makes me wonder if Tarantinos little rollercoaster scene in True Romance is poached. Wouldn't put it past him and the similarities are there, guy and a girl in love, on the lam from the cops on a rollercoaster...or am i reaching? :lol: Apparently its the first movie to show a pointed gun at its victim the gun firing and the victim dropping dead all in the same frame but don't quote me on that, i might be wrong, i might be thinking of Arthur Penns Bonnie and Clyde. Or something else altogether. In fact, thinking bout it now, i think i might be :lol:

Gun Crazy - John Dall (the smarter of the two from Hitchcocks Rope) Peggy Cummins. Really funky little film, 50s noir Bonnie and Clydesque movie, REALLY well made for a kind of a semi B-picture. I really dug watching it the first time i saw it and this time too. Also, watching it now, the rollercoaster scene makes me wonder if Tarantinos little rollercoaster scene in True Romance is poached. Wouldn't put it past him and the similarities are there, guy and a girl in love, on the lam from the cops on a rollercoaster...or am i reaching? :lol: Apparently its the first movie to show a pointed gun at its victim the gun firing and the victim dropping dead all in the same frame but don't quote me on that, i might be wrong, i might be thinking of Arthur Penns Bonnie and Clyde. Or something else altogether. In fact, thinking bout it now, i think i might be :lol:

i saw straightheads last night on chanel 4, you seen that one with danny dyer?

i saw straightheads last night on chanel 4, you seen that one with danny dyer?

Yeah, with the chick from X Files? Yeah, that movie was fuckin cool!!! Suprised it didn't do better its a pretty intelligent and well enough made movie, i don't see what the problem is.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Yeah. It was long ago since I saw it last time either way. Really good feeling you get when you see a film you love, after a few years since last time, and you almost forgot how much you liked it. ^_^

Tonight I have seen Meet Dave. Didn't think it was as bad as the reviews said, but it definitely wasn't one of Eddie Murphy's better films.

I'd wait for the R5 or DVD Rip for Inglourious Basterds, Pappy. It'll be worth the wait.

Yeah, that is what I heard. At this rate I will just have to head to a cinema, which I really am not a fan of. Nothing to do with the cost, and everything to do with the other people there.

I tried to see Zombieween 2 in a theater when it came out.

Bad idea. They let a mom and her 8 year old kid in the fucking movie. So the people in the theater didn't do shit till there was half and hour left.

Like FFS like there's nothing wrong with kid's watching Horror movie's if it's suited to their age.

I.E. Goosebumps. But for god's sake don't put a 8 year old to see a gorefest with fuck being every other word.

/End Rant.

Edited by Spuffy78

Funny People is a god awful cumstain of a movie.

It had it's moments. Definitely better than Sandler's last few attempts. Anyone who says it was one of his greatest movies though should be shot.

i wanted him to die halfway through. one of the most boring, annoying, frustrating movies i've ever seen. i'd rather sit in a bath of eels than have to watch it again.