Film Thread

ssiscool

I thought that both RDJ and Sam Jackson had been signed on for the Avengers before Iron Man 3 comes out.

Thought they were releasing Thor and Captain America and then the Avengers and all the actors cast in the lead roles will be returning as it is all supposed to be in a self contained Marvel universe.

That's pretty much the idea, although I'm not entirely sure that Captain America and Thor will have their respective movies released before this, seeing as it's due out in May 2012. If they do, we're about to receive one crazy onslaught of Marvel pictures within the next two years, starting with Iron Man 2 in three weeks.

Yeah, that would be a match made in comic delivery heaven. But it seems it's written already, and by Zak Penn no less, which does not exactly inspire confidence. Okay, I'm flummoxed. Aside from brining a shitload of geek cred, I don't see how this happened. He has no experience with major stars or budgets. He's a better than average director, but writing is far and away his strong suit. This is...interesting.

Encouraging news: not only is he taking the director's helm, it looks like he has quite a bit of creative control, too. Rewrites for both The Avengers and Captain America are reportedly in the works. :thumbsup:

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=31737

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched "Zombieland" and "A Serious Man" last night. Zombieland kicked ass, hilarious all the time and the older chick was friggin' hot.

"A Serious Man", well, I don't know what I expected, but I expected a bit more, although it was so weird and absurd at times that it got some loud laughs out of me.

I watched "Zombieland" and "A Serious Man" last night. Zombieland kicked ass, hilarious all the time and the older chick was friggin' hot.

"A Serious Man", well, I don't know what I expected, but I expected a bit more, although it was so weird and absurd at times that it got some loud laughs out of me.

Zombieland is so funny ... i enjoyed it a lot

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I've seen a Swedish cult film called Nattbuss 807, and later tonight I'll watch another cult film called Stockholmsnatt.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Two movies, pretty much the same genre...

Happy Gilmore - unfunny and stupid, which is not a good combination. I don't think I've seen a good Adam Sandler flick yet and it's doubtful one even exists.

Paul Blart Mallcop - this was actually pretty decent. Had it's share of laughs and likable characters.

Happy Gilmore - unfunny and stupid, which is not a good combination. I don't think I've seen a good Adam Sandler flick yet and it's doubtful one even exists.

Paul Blart Mallcop - this was actually pretty decent. Had it's share of laughs and likable characters.

WTF are yout talking about? Happy Gilmore is epic!

Tried to watch 2012....fell asleep.

Watched Paul Blart: Mall Cop - suprisingly not as bad as I thought it'd be. I was expecting WORSE than Observe and Report, but I have to say it was far superior than O&R.

That's not a huge compliment I know, but it wasn't a complete waste of time.

Paul Blart Mallcop > Happy Gilmore?

:crazy:

Yeah, gtfo

Happy Gilmore is a great movie.

Ben Stiller's part is great.

"We're extending arts and crafts today!"

'My fingers hurt.'

"What's that?"

'My fingers hurt.'

"Oh, well, now you're back's gonna hurt because you just pulled landscaping duty! Anybody else's fingers hurt? Didn't think so..."

dance_171.gif

Paul Blart Mallcop is just boring and stupid i mean it tries too hard and doesn't get you to laugh, it's like one big joke that screws the punch line.

Yeah, gtfo

Happy Gilmore is a great movie.

^ I agree with this, Happy Gilmore is a classic.

Angelica, recommend me some films. :heart:

Nashville, Exotica, Persona, Harold & Maude, Secretary, The Bad Sleep Well, Exterminating Angel, Bad Lieutenant: I'm Wearing Swiss Cotton Underwear, A Band Apart, The Proposition, Walkabout, Rules of the Game, Trust, Simple Men, Amateur, Not Quite Hollywood, Take the Money and Run, Vampire's Kiss, Waiting for Guffman, 3 Women, McCabe & Mrs. Miller, The Parallax View, Five Easy Pieces, CQ, The Long Good Friday, Superfly, A Woman Under the Influence. ^_^

My Super Ex-Girlfriend.

Excellent premise, and the film was suprisingly solid. Got silly toward the end, but it was worth the rental.

I would actually like to see this movie remade, with a screenwriter who focuses on dialogue a bit more.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Nashville, Exotica, Persona, Harold & Maude, Secretary, The Bad Sleep Well, Exterminating Angel, Bad Lieutenant: I'm Wearing Swiss Cotton Underwear, A Band Apart, The Proposition, Walkabout, Rules of the Game, Trust, Simple Men, Amateur, Not Quite Hollywood, Take the Money and Run, Vampire's Kiss, Waiting for Guffman, 3 Women, McCabe & Mrs. Miller, The Parallax View, Five Easy Pieces, CQ, The Long Good Friday, Superfly, A Woman Under the Influence. ^_^

Where the hell are Midnight Run and Nightshift?

Where the hell are Midnight Run and Nightshift?

:lol: I actually considered Midnight Run after glancing at my shelf, but figured everyone's seen it.

Paul Blart Mallcop > Happy Gilmore?

:crazy:

I knew I'd get some flak for saying it. I stand by my opinion, Happy Gilmore is a POS. Paul Blart is no great shakes, but I'd give it a 6/10 and HG maybe 3/10. HG is just too uninspired a story that's also executed poorly. Compare it to a flick like Dumb and Dumber, which is that kind of comedy done right. That's waaaaay up here, and HG is waaaaaay down here, and therefore it cannot be great or even close.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Goddamn, his movies are always fucking shit, it's amazing how anyone really enjoys those unfunny pieces of crap. It's also so annoying how his movies are always a fucking moralizer in the end.

The last Sandler movie I had to endure was "Click", and it was so bad I started reading a magazine midway, only to finish it right before that cringeworthy ending. I wanted to vomit so bad but the Pizza I had before had been too good to waste it because of a fucking Adam Sandler movie.

/rant over.

Thank you :)