Ozzy Osbourne appreciation thread

Dead Flower

41 minutes ago, Joeypeeps said:

Ozzy's hittin' the studio next month to record his next solo record?

Can't wait

Where did you read that at? Hope it's true - as much as I love Sabbath, I do prefer Ozzy-solo and am greatly looking forward to the next album! Especially considering he said he'd be working with Steve Stevens and Billy Morrison and I absolutely loved the song Gods they did together.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Where did you read that at? Hope it's true - as much as I love Sabbath, I do prefer Ozzy-solo and am greatly looking forward to the next album! Especially considering he said he'd be working with Steve Stevens and Billy Morrison and I absolutely loved the song Gods they did together.

I read it on blabbermouth back in August. Also, Zakk Wilde mentioned it in an article I read. I would love to see Ozz one more time live. Listening to NO REST FOR THE WICKED as I type??

On 16.4.2010 at 3:18 AM, CheapJon said:

saw him in 07, he had throat problems but it was still an amazing time to see one of my all time biggest heroes. the pressure in the crowd towards the stage was so big that i sometimes could lift my feet and kinda "float" in the air. there wasn't hardly any footspace below me so when i had my feet on the ground they got trampled on like hell, I had cuts on my big toes for 6 months from all the people standing on them from this particular show

also.. the new song kicks fucking ass

And that's why you should always wear boots at concerts. :P

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.surplusandoutdoors.c would've saved your toes. :)

Edited by Zurimor

On 19/01/2017 at 5:09 AM, Black Sabbath said:

I'm assuming Gus G, though he hasn't posted anything about the shows like Blasko has. But no one has said anything otherwise, so I believe he is still in Ozzy's band.

Likely out.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gus-g-says-he-is-wrong-guy-to-ask-about-status-of-ozzy-osbourne-new-solo-album/

11 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Seems like it's still awkwardly unknown, really. I wouldn't be happy if Gus was put, but I wouldn't be disappointed either. I think he's a great guy and good guitarist, but felt he was out of place in the band ever since he joined.

Guess we'll see what happens in a few months when Ozzy plays some shows.

• 2 months later...

"I'm so happy to be getting back on the road with Zakk, Blasko, Tommy and Adam," says Ozzy Osbourne. "This is what I do. This is where I belong, on the road."

"I'm really looking forward to the hardcore powahlifting training sessions with Ozzy as well as playing music in between sets of heavy squats, benching and deadlifts," Zakk Wylde adds.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ozzy-osbourne-and-zakk-wylde-reunite-for-2017-tour/#tD2bMFIlv0rudHXC.99

Ugh.

He was great in the 80's but I really detest Zakk's playing (not to mention the gay, pretend biker schtick) these days...and Blasko makes me wanna puke too.

Was hoping (against hope) for something special, this isn't very promising.

12 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

"I'm so happy to be getting back on the road with Zakk, Blasko, Tommy and Adam," says Ozzy Osbourne. "This is what I do. This is where I belong, on the road."

Can't help but think Sharon's making him say that.

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 1

I like Zakk. Hes a legend, but I sort of agree with Doom. 

He is so boring now, and his schtick makes it worse. I saw him on that tour last year with Yngwie, Vai, Abasi, and Bettencourt. He was by far the worst out of all the guitarists. Not because he isnt good, but because his playing has become redundant without any phrasing or purpose. He did like 3 songs, all covers, and stretched each one out 10 minutes with mindless shredding instead of purposeful soloing and jamming. It was excruciating.

That being said, he kind of "belongs" with Ozzy nowadays. The one Ozzy solo show I saw was with Gus G. Gus is awesome, but it felt a little disengaging without Zakk there. At least a lot of those songs they do are Zakk's so he might as well be up there doing them. Its not like Ozzys last album was that good and its not like Gus G exactly freshened things up. Might as well have Zakk and call it a day.

Edited by ZoSoRose

I always loved Zakks takes on Mr Crowley on Live and Loud.  As GnR demonstrates its difficult for a guitarist to put their own spin on a legendary track, but I really like what he did with it and others.  And I like the albums they made together. I haven't followed him or solo Ozzy very closely for a bit and that is in part to being a little bored of Zakks thing.  But for me this is exciting news.

On 4/29/2017 at 3:04 AM, moreblack said:

Can't help but think Sharon's making him say that.

Sharon said she'd like Ozzy to retire soon, so I don't know. People like to talk about how Ozzy is up Sharon's ass, but it's obvious he loves doing what he's doing.

As for the news with Zakk, bring it on I suppose. 

• 2 months later...

First show setlist:

1. Bark at the Moon
  2. Mr. Crowley
  3. Desire
  4. I Don't Know
  5. Fairies Wear Boots
  6. Suicide Solution
  7. No More Tears
  8. Believer
  9. War Pigs
  10. Drum Solo
  11. Iron Man
  12. Shot in the Dark
  13. I Don't Want to Change the World
  14. Crazy Train
  15. Encore:**********
  16. Mama, I'm Coming Home
  17. Paranoid

Desire and Believer ,wow !Good to see Ozzy playing some songs I didn't think he normally would .I checked out a few videos this morning Ozzy sounds ok to my ears ,definitely downtuned and a little off but it wasn't awful .

Yeah, I just came here to post the setlist. Not a very long show, as Oz never plays longer than 2 hours, if that, but was very surprised and happy to see Believer and especially Desire in the set! Not to mention Flying High Again and No More Tears, two songs he doesn't play live very often!

My only complain is probably one or two too many Sabbath songs. I love them, but cut out Fairies Wear Boots and probably Iron Man, replace them with Ozzy songs, and you've got a pretty killer Ozzy setlist there!

He sounds better on No More Tears than when I saw him do it live in 2011

Yeah, too many Sabbath songs. Two at most would suffice. Nice to see "Believer" and "Desire" back, but I can't say I'd consider them big surprises like "The Ultimate Sin" and "Killer of Giants" were with Gus. Other than that, bog standard setlist, but at this stage I'd just be glad to see him live.

On 1/20/2017 at 0:33 AM, Black Sabbath said:

Whaaaaaat????? 

• 6 months later...

I doubt I'll go see Ozzy again. First time I saw him was on the first No More Tours Tour. That show, along with MANY others I saw over the next decade was excellent. He took a huge decline for me somewhere along the way, so I think I'll just be happy with my memories and sit this one out.

• Like 1

I’ve got four shows I plan on attending.

In the small interview he did with Rolling Stone today about the tour, he mentioned wanting to do some songs he hasn’t done for awhile or at all, and even specifically mentioned “Waiting For Darkness”, which I was very surprised about. Hope he pulls out some deep cuts.