Chinese Democracy on metacritic's list of worst comeback albums

axl666

http://features.metacritic.com/features/2011/best-and-worst-comeback-albums/

Axl Rose’s mythical sixth GnR album (heck, the LP’s back story itself has its own Wikipedia entry) went from being

the album that would never get released to the album some fans wished were never released.

It’s not terrible, merely mediocre — but that’s bad enough coming from what was once one of the best hard rock bands on the planet.

Guest RonMexico82

It's more than we ever would have gotten from the old band.

True - they were broken up. Chinese Democracy is 1 more than 0.

I agree. As a whole, CD is rather average. The highlights are great, but the rockers suck ass. Better, TWAT, The Blues and maybe a couple of others are worthy the GnR name, but not the rest. The magic has gone and the die-hards are slowly starting to realize that.

That being said, I don't think a reunion would bring it back. Probably just as a memory of the last great rock n roll band.

When Justin Bieber's "Baby" has as many views as no 2-10 on the list combined, that says it all. The era of giants has died.

a postive is always better than a negative - possibly :D

Contraband>CD

it's five o'clock somehwere > Contraband > CD

I agree. As a whole, CD is rather average. The highlights are great, but the rockers suck ass. Better, TWAT, The Blues and maybe a couple of others are worthy the GnR name, but not the rest. The magic has gone and the die-hards are slowly starting to realize that.

That being said, I don't think a reunion would bring it back. Probably just as a memory of the last great rock n roll band.

When Justin Bieber's "Baby" has as many views as no 2-10 on the list combined, that says it all. The era of giants has died.

You don't speak for me friend. I think CD is a great album, and don't give a shit what some writer on a website says.

and your point with the topic is?

an to all of you Slash wannabes fuck off!

Chinese Democracy is an rock album that shit head of a guitar holder can ever come about,

fuck your' five o'clock and contraband. go to his site to praise those albums not here fuck-heads!

this is GNR site so Fuck you an' all you mother fuckers!

Fuck all of you senseless comments.

I sincerely wish for all of you who do think that Slash is the greatest to go to his sites and show him. ok?! ok.

I don't care to read of you at any new thread here.

get the fuck out!

and yes, I will use this kind of expressions because the mods don't think that coming here any God given day of this site's days

and badmouth any of GNR achievements after 9/11 B) that is the leaving of the greatest guitar player of all times - as if!

is good as long as they don't use bad language - where the fuck is the rock attitude here hey?

you want us to be politically correct? and use polite words to the most insensitive ass-holes on the planet!?

how come that the sensation one gets on this forum is that to talk trash about GNR is good and if you don't eat that trash than you are the one bad apple?

you mother fuckers!

since when to be a rocker and be true to once believes, got to be a bad thing?!

I stand here for GNR in frot of all the people who claim it to be something else.

who claim it to be something that they want it to be.

I do have the time and I do have the motives to stuck here in all your's faces.

I am sick and tired off the way mods let you have your way.

As far as I am concern you can ban me mother fuckers I don't care

I will never come here again.

'Cause this whole shit is gone to sour ok?

it's been 15 years.

and you still let people with a mind disorder to come here and post!

you are mods for what?

aren't you at a GNR fan site?

oh yeah, come here montrealer and call me aggressive!

I am the aggressor here ha mother fucker?!

fuck you and all your pretentious of getting along with everyone that is trashing GNR.

for all I can see in this site is that people who like GNR as it is get to be mock, and that the mods support

the people who trash GNR but in a polite manner.

and you like rock n' roll for what?

go listen to Christian songs if the goal is to be hypocrite ok?

alas.

as the boys put it back in 1991 - hm well?! - and yes ass-holes Slash said that. yes!

I care for Slash as long as he was GNR. since he moved on, no. "."

Edited by STARABOSTES

Contraband better than CD? LOL

Each Chinese Democracy song is better each and every song made by Slash and company since the left GN'R.

And for the record, DJ's Motley Crue album Saints Of Los Angeles is better than all of that too.

So...? Metacritic can shove this shit up their asses. So they think CD sucks? Who Cares? I know what I like and I don't need somebody to tell me what's good or bad. These critics seem to forget that their rating on an album is merely an opinion that is as worthy as mine. I mean, Who gives a fuck about what Jason DIetz has to say? What a bunch of arrogant SOB's.

I don't need a web site or critic to tell me what's cool or not. I liked ChiDem a lot and still do. I don't necessarily consider it a "comeback album" so much as a new album with a lot of interesting direction/ideas.

Metacritic is the type of site that's always going to diss on albums like this and promote the more obscure lesser known bands I often find boring. Honestly, it's typical fare for them.

Contraband better than CD? LOL

Each Chinese Democracy song is better each and every song made by Slash and company since the left GN'R.

And for the record, DJ's Motley Crue album Saints Of Los Angeles is better than all of that too.

Its all opinion dude. I personally like CD better too but I can see why some people would like contraband better, its a totally different sound so its like apples and oranges to compare them

I don't need a web site or critic to tell me what's cool or not. I liked ChiDem a lot and still do. I don't necessarily consider it a "comeback album" so much as a new album with a lot of interesting direction/ideas.

Metacritic is the type of site that's always going to diss on albums like this and promote the more obscure lesser known bands I often find boring. Honestly, it's typical fare for them.

Right.

Hmm.... they also didn't like BGWTB. They claim that the album's modest success is one of the motives to call it "just average". Ah well, whatever. Fuck you Metacritic.

an to all of you Slash wannabes fuck off!

Chinese Democracy is an rock album that shit head of a guitar holder can ever come about,

fuck your' five o'clock and contraband. go to his site to praise those albums not here fuck-heads!

this is GNR site so Fuck you an' all you mother fuckers!

Fuck all of you senseless comments.

I sincerely wish for all of you who do think that Slash is the greatest to go to his sites and show him. ok?! ok.

I don't care to read of you at any new thread here.

get the fuck out!

and yes, I will use this kind of expressions because the mods don't think that coming here any God given day of this site's days

and badmouth any of GNR achievements after 9/11 B) that is the leaving of the greatest guitar player of all times - as if!

is good as long as they don't use bad language - where the fuck is the rock attitude here hey?

you want us to be politically correct? and use polite words to the most insensitive ass-holes on the planet!?

how come that the sensation one gets on this forum is that to talk trash about GNR is good and if you don't eat that trash than you are the one bad apple?

you mother fuckers!

since when to be a rocker and be true to once believes, got to be a bad thing?!

I stand here for GNR in frot of all the people who claim it to be something else.

who claim it to be something that they want it to be.

I do have the time and I do have the motives to stuck here in all your's faces.

I am sick and tired off the way mods let you have your way.

As far as I am concern you can ban me mother fuckers I don't care

I will never come here again.

'Cause this whole shit is gone to sour ok?

it's been 15 years.

and you still let people with a mind disorder to come here and post!

you are mods for what?

aren't you at a GNR fan site?

oh yeah, come here montrealer and call me aggressive!

I am the aggressor here ha mother fucker?!

fuck you and all your pretentious of getting along with everyone that is trashing GNR.

for all I can see in this site is that people who like GNR as it is get to be mock, and that the mods support

the people who trash GNR but in a polite manner.

and you like rock n' roll for what?

go listen to Christian songs if the goal is to be hypocrite ok?

alas.

as the boys put it back in 1991 - hm well?! - and yes ass-holes Slash said that. yes!

I care for Slash as long as he was GNR. since he moved on, no. "."

I like the new GNR, people who say its better than the old (actual) GNR or even Velvet Revolver are just pretty thick. Your post does nothing but reinforce my opinion. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and mine is that outside of only one or two tracks CD doesnt even deserve to have the GNR name in front of it.

I'm a big fan of CD.

However a fact is a fact. It is a fact that a news item about Guns was reported on metacritic.

You might not like this fact, which is your opinion. However it perfectly acceptable to post

links to news items about Guns. People might disagree with the content of those news items (I know I do)

but that doesn't mean that those news items should be censored from this board.

Edited by axl666