Is Axl so much richer than Slash?

Christian

According to this site, Axl is good for 200 million dollars, while Slash "only" has 32 million dollars. Can he really have that much more? I don't know how legit this site is, but it's interesting at least. If this is the case, I can understand more why Axl really doesn't give a fuck :rofl-lol:

Axl

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/rock-stars/axl-rose-net-worth/

Slash

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/rock-stars/slash-net-worth/

Edited by Christian

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you read the info on Slash's page? It's so inaccurate it's not even funny. Don't believe this source for a second.

And by the way, someone said Axl's getting all the money for the airplay because he owns the name. That isn't the case is it? The name issue would have been so much bigger if Slash and Duff weren't even getting money from what they wrote. Band name and writing credits are two different things.

Axl made back the money spent on CD with the Best Buy deal. doesn't he own the rights to GN'R merchandise? That is popular nowerdays, at least in Europe. It would also include the value of his assets like his home, which would be cheap being the top property at Malibu

I'm not sure was it ever clear that Axl ran into money problems a few years ago, or the GNR corporation

did. Axl's assets would be seperate from GNR's

I would think Slash would have more money. Slash is definitely more publicly known, has toured, released albums, been in several bands, written a book, etc.

But I suppose owning the Guns N' Roses name goes a long way, and the older albums are selling copies every day, and I imagine for Axl, that really does add up.

I thought the net worth of Axl and Slash would be a lot closer than this website says it is. Although it probably isn't true. :rolleyes:

Don't think that's accurate. I just saw somewhere that Slash is selling his house for like 10 million, and it's hard to believe that his house would be 1/3 of his net worth. Just the cost of taxes and maintenance on a property like that would cost dumb amounts of money per year.

You've got to remember that these guys made money back in the day, and have since had 20 years to invest it etc. That's why it's impossible to say how much they could have.

I'd say that Axl is loaded, but no idea how much. I'd say it's certainly possible for him to have 200 million. GNR sold well over 100 million albums. They've had radio airplay for over 20 years. Did lots of touring. Sold lots of merchandise. But that's only dealing with money in the bank, not overall worth.

If we want to talk worth, then we have to talk about Guns n Roses the name. The band name and organization is almost priceless in a way. Let's put it in 2 ways: If CD for example, had been promoted heavily, and the media kissed its ass, it would have sold HUGE (sold 5 million with no promotion etc? think about it). The other option is a reunion, which would be like a gazillion dollars.

And that's just the basics. Axl and GNR, seperate or together, are both big time untapped brands. The potential is still huge.

Axl is just a cheap mother fucker. I can't see him buy stupid things like a bunch of vintage guitars or sports cars. A nice comfortable malibu home with all the bills and groceries and that's it. I think the only thing he ever spend a lot of money on is touring and production.

Edited by BirdCatcher

Axl is just a cheap mother fucker. I can't see him buy stupid things like a bunch of vintage guitars or sports cars. A nice comfortable malibu home with all the bills and groceries and that's it. I think the only thing he ever spend a lot of money on is touring and production.

True. He's nuts.

I'm not saying it's def not legit. Just a tad bit hard for me to believe. Didn't axl go into debt because of the production of chinese? Didn't he get pushed into a few tours, and did a couple other things because he was broke at one point? Again I'm really not sure, I'm not just saying shit to be a smart ass. But I thought I remember reading that somewhere throughout the years.

I don't know if Axl personally went into debt because of the album production. There's a difference between the finances of Guns N' Roses as a band and Axl's personal money. They might have pushed for the touring in order to finance some of the album's production, but that could be that the band itself needed to make the money. Axl might not have wanted to finance the production out of his own pocket.