Albany cancelled

k12

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Albany, NY – Times Union Center officials received word today that the Guns and Roses show scheduled for Wednesday, November 23rd will be cancelled.

“Due to production issues beyond the venue’s control, Magic City Productions and the Times Union Center are forced to cancel the appearance of Guns N Roses set to take place on November 23, 2011. We apologize for any inconvenience,” said Stu Green, Magic City Productions.

http://q103albany.com/guns-n-roses-cancels-show-at-albanys-times-union-center/

I just hope it's not because BBF's health problems

I bet it was because of ticket sales, I know sales were bad for this show

Kind of dumb they booked it right before thanksgiving weekend, Albany is a college town and most of the kids went home for vacation

poor ticket sales

Unfortunately, it's a possibility. A show the night before Thanksgiving wouldn't appeal to too many people outside the immediate area. I'll admit, I was totally crazy planning to make the 6 hour detour to Albany on my way home for Thanksgiving. I know I'm in the extreme minority of people that would've travelled that much for this gig. However the announcement makes it very clear that the venue and promoter pulled the plug on this one, and the band was assumedly not involved in the cancellation.

Did anyone else get the email? I still haven't...