Does new tour dates in places they've played before on the CD 2010 Tour mean a new album is imminent?

ITW 2012

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the million dollar question isn't it?

Can they get it done and released in time? May ain't that far away. If a new album is really "the priority", why go back out on the road with nothing new to bring to the table? Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

A new single and a release date would suffice. I think CD II is probably already done. The new stuff they are working on with DJ will probably take years. I'm definitely not expecting that anytime before 2015.

Probably not. Thinking about it, when have they had time to record new songs? Unless they are planning on releasing more of the CD era stuff or leaking new songs that they are working on but have not yet recorded.

Its probably just a CD tour part 2.

Nvm, just hoping to see them this year cuz I missed out last time.

wut

It's about time they returned to Europe. The tour isn't even close to over and a new album isn't even being considered to be started until later on down the road.

You know this how?

The tour to support Chinese Democracy will last a good while yet. Really, someone feels that the momentum / recognition has yet to reach its critical mass. New music is not on the horizon. Again, it's nice to see them heading back overseas, as expected.

As for how I know this? I spoke personally with a bandmember on a public sidewalk in November and if that's not enough, maybe you should watch the GN'R interview that aired on VH1 Classic that same month.

They played Brazil, Chile and Argentina last year again and it didn't mean any new songs. I don't think you should take the new European dates as a sign of anything.

I would say they are probably gearing up for a re-release first. Tommy did say Axl is no where near done with Chinese Democracy, unless he simply meant touring with the same songs....

wut

It's about time they returned to Europe. The tour isn't even close to over and a new album isn't even being considered to be started until later on down the road.

You know this how?

The tour to support Chinese Democracy will last a good while yet. Really, someone feels that the momentum / recognition has yet to reach its critical mass. New music is not on the horizon. Again, it's nice to see them heading back overseas, as expected.

As for how I know this? I spoke personally with a bandmember on a public sidewalk in November and if that's not enough, maybe you should watch the GN'R interview that aired on VH1 Classic that same month.

I did check the Gn'R interview on VH1 Classic, next album details were vague but I specifically remember Axl saying "we are working with management and sorting things out with the label" or something to that extent. Nothing as specific as you say though.

They played Brazil, Chile and Argentina last year again and it didn't mean any new songs. I don't think you should take the new European dates as a sign of anything.

I would say they are probably gearing up for a re-release first. Tommy did say Axl is no where near done with Chinese Democracy, unless he simply meant touring with the same songs....

I don't think they plan a re-release. If they didn't in 2010 or 2011, why would they now?

Its kinda wierd to think how this "post-Chinese Democracy release" tour is going on more or less the same since 2009 already.

I do believe that we may get to hear a new song or two being played live to "test the waters". Not likely, but possible.

I think it does.

Sure they played SA twice but I think that was more because of RiR that they decided to embark on a mini SA tour to warm up for the NA tour.

Now that they've been everywhere, there's no reason why they should continue to tour the same album. I'm not expecting any release date soon, or announcement of a new album, but I think that we'll see 1 or 2 new songs on the setlist. Which hopefully after debuting in Europe, they'll go into the studio and lay some tracks for a late 2013 release.

Best we can hope for imo

guys come on weve been thru these every single fuckin year ! we all know gnr and i think its pretty obvious that something big is going to happen ! somehow they had something for us on new year's eve but it didnt happen, and now they want "more time" on stage to give us something new! thts why they're scheduling new shows again, they're preparing something that for some reason didnt happen last year ! theyre not stupid, they know they have to give us something new ! this band is tight, and happy, and the line up works well together and tht didnt happen since when ?? 1987 ??

all we need is just a little patience :) new music this year

I personally think this makes no sense unless they are planning on releasing new music. They toured the world, built up some momentum, and now it's time to go for broke and release CD II.

You are correct In your thought process, but lets face It, this band rarely does anything that makes sense.

I personally think this makes no sense unless they are planning on releasing new music. They toured the world, built up some momentum, and now it's time to go for broke and release CD II.

You are correct In your thought process, but lets face It, this band rarely does anything that makes sense.

I think a lot of it comes down to the record company not supporting Axl and the new lineup.

I think a lot of it comes down to the record company not supporting Axl and the new lineup.

I agree, but In a way, Axl has pretty much burnt his bridges with the record company. When It takes 14 years and 12-14 million dollars to make an album that you didn't promote or release a single official video for , than you can pretty much believe the record company Is going to be very hesitant to front him any money for a follow up release. I am not knocking him, I am thinking of this from a buisness(record companys) point of view. The only way I see a new release Is If they continue to tour and use that money to record a new album.