Guns N' Roses Live at the O2 in London Discussion Thread

Alpachiris

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest: the band is tight, but Axl's voice still sucks, no matter what you say. I skipped Better after a few seconds in the chorus, that was just painful. Time to take care of your voice or either retire.

Yeah. After watching it the first time through, I was happy just to hear some rasp. Then I watched some more, and the excitement about rasp wore off, and I realized it was another sub par performance from Axl.

Why did Axl pick such a poor show to release?

Have you watched it the whole way through?

I wouldn't call it "good" - it's a good snapshot of the band in its current form, but the mainstream is going to shit all over Axl's voice

Doubtful. They shit all over bridge school bc Axl voice was really off. Didn't matter that he was sick or that it was for charity. Anyone who complains about this one is just plain trolling and should start following another band.

Or maybe Axl should just get his voice back into 2010 shape and then we'd all be happy.

The 2009 Hamilton, ON show was great...even got TWAT that show. Shoulda released that.

If they honestly released the 2009/2010 shows as downloadable FLAC soundboards, I would gladly pay $10/each for most of those shows.

I think it's safe to say most of us would!

I'll be honest: the band is tight, but Axl's voice still sucks, no matter what you say. I skipped Better after a few seconds in the chorus, that was just painful. Time to take care of your voice or either retire.

Nothing sucked. If Axl sounds like this the rest of his career I'll take it. It was surprisingly good and the band was awesome.

Nothing sucked. If Axl sounds like this the rest of his career I'll take it. It was surprisingly good and the band was awesome.

Yeah, I loved it. "Estranged" and "Civil War" sounded particularly cool. Two of the highlights for me.

Ali

Listening to this with headphones on, i must admit that in some parts, the instrumental sounds better than with the old line-up... i mean, each fucking little sound that you hear on the record, they do it live!! fucking incredible!! rock3

are you kidding? Just ''in some parts''? This lineup sounds 1000x better than any of the old ones between 1985-1993, they're in completely different leagues!

If you're satisfied with little, good for you.

The Band is tight except for Estranged. Axl sounds bad on most songs. CD, Sweet Child,YCBM, Rocket Queen and Dead Flowers are terrible. Izzy making mistakes on 14 years. Too many cuts. And why the hell do they show these silly 40+people all the time. Dancing and overacting . Fuckin' awful! Nevertheless grat mix and sound. Well, I'm speechless Axl gave his ok on this one. Terrible damage to every casual listener who wants to check out the New Band. A Disaster. Impossible to even like. Anyway,thanks to the uploaders. I'm outta here.

It was above my expectations and up to par with the gig at the joint. The chemistry is better here, it was awesome to hear axl joke about old times with izzy in between songs. The vocals for the most part are true to the original except for a select few where i wish he would put in more effort. When we get the appetite for democracy concert this should be included as a bonus since it leaked.

The Band is tight except for Estranged. Axl sounds bad on most songs. CD, Sweet Child,YCBM, Rocket Queen and Dead Flowers are terrible. Izzy making mistakes on 14 years. Too many cuts. And why the hell do they show these silly 40+people all the time. Dancing and overacting . Fuckin' awful! Nevertheless grat mix and sound. Well, I'm speechless Axl gave his ok on this one. Terrible damage to every casual listener who wants to check out the New Band. A Disaster. Impossible to even like. Anyway,thanks to the uploaders. I'm outta here.

+1