Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

Poor P5 got LSTNT

Seriously, what the fuck. If they want to put warhorses in the song vote, it should be ALL warhorses. And for the record I love LSTNT live, but it doesn't mean I'm not pissed about it.

Buffalo set:

1. Jumpin Jack Flash

2. It's Only Rock N Roll

3. You Got Me Rocking

4. Tumbling Dice

5. Out Of Control

6. Wild Horses

7. Can't You Hear Me Knocking

8. Let's Soend The Night Together

9. Honky Tonk Women

10. Before They Make Me Run

11. Happy

12. Midnight Rambler

13. Miss You

14. Gimme Shelter

15. Start Me Up

16. Sympathy For The Devil

17. Brown Sugar

---

18. You Can't Always Get What You Want

19. Satisfaction

Review tomorrow.

Another amazing gig last night! The crowd was just incredible, easily the best crowd I've ever been in for the Stones besides Rome. Everyone on IORR was talking about how terrible the Buffalo crowd would be, but we sure showed them wrong last night.

St. Paul & The Broken Bones were a great opener, my favorite I saw this tour for sure. They had a really cool soul revival sound with a modern flare, and their singer was great. They did an excellent cover of Try A Little Tenderness at the end.

The Stones were very tight last night, in terms of performance is tie last night with Columbus as my favorite this year. You could tell they saw the difference in the crowd last night as well, and they ate it up. During the band introductions everyone went wild for Charlie, he actually got a bigger reaction than Ronnie. And you could tell he really appreciated it, I've never seen him look so excited to take his bow. Everyone was just really on point all night - even Keith's songs sounded particularly good.

The setlist was...not my favorite admittedly. I'm still bitter about LSTNT - I have NO problem with them putting warhorses in the song vote, but it needs to be a level playing field. They could easily make a song vote like Paint It Black, Street Fighting Man, Let's Spend The Night Together and Dead Flowers; all of those songs have appeared multiple times in a song vote, and that would be much fairer than pitting one of those against three rarer songs. But enough about the song vote, what's done is done. I was okay with You Got Me Rocking since I had only seen it once before, and I actually really enjoyed Out Of Control last night. I would've preferred Moonlight Mile to Wild Horses since I got Wild Horses in Columbus and Indy also, but at least I enjoy that one live. Can't You Hear Me Knocking was the highlight for me last night - another out of my top 5 I wanted to see live. And it was so great - Karl Densin and Ron both absolutely ripped on it.

At the end of every Stines tour there's always the talk about if it's the end. Do I think last night was the last US Stones gig ever? No - these guys are just having too much fun and they're still too damn good. Even Mick and Keef seem to be really enjoying each other and interacting well. It's the little things too - last night Keith played the second half of the show with his shirt open - I don't think I've seen him do that since Licks; it was just a cool little reminder that Keith ain't done yet.

Can't wait to see what 2016 has in store :)

• Like 2

Le Festival d'été de Québec, Canadá

01. Start Me Up
02. It’s Only Rock and Roll
03. All Down the Line
04. Tumbling Dice
05. Street Fighting Man (web choice)
06. Wild Horses
07. Bitch
08. Honky Tonk Women
09. Before They Make Me Run
10. Happy
11. Midnight Rambler
12. Miss You
13. Gimme Shelter
14. Jumping Jack Flash
15. Sympathy for the Devil
16. Brown Sugar
17. You Can’t Always Get What You Want
18. Satisfaction

I hope the link works; Keith's new single - Trouble:
http://www.iheart.com/talk/show/iHeartRadio-World-Premieres/?episode_id=27286304

Edited by Daedalus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, James Bond said:

2016 - the year that started with celebrities dying left, right, and centre and here the Stones are still going strong. Who would have thought in 2016 you could still see the Stones play top notch sets? How they continue to do it astounds me. Good on them!

There truly isn't anything you can compare them to. The greatest rock and roll band in the world. ^_^ 

• Like 1

:awesomeface:

Santiago setlist:

1. Start Me Up

2. It's Only Rock N' Roll

3. Let's Spend The Night Together

4. Tumbling Dice

5. Out Of Control

6. She's A Rainbow

7. Wild Horses

8. Paint It Black

9. Honky Tonk Women

10. You Got The Silver

11. Happy

12. Midnight Rambler

13. Miss You

14. Gimme Shelter

15. Jumpin' Jack Flash

17. Brown Sugar

---

19. Satisfactiob

3 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I'll never stop demanding Keef put that back into the set. I'd rather have that than any other Keef song (Though I'm glad he brought back YGTS last night, much prefer that to BTMMR). 

I couldn't agree more. It's not only my favourite Keef song but it'd easily make my top ten Stones songs in general.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

That is a fairly greatest hitsy setlist. Bit depressing really considering Keith is still producing excellent new music. I would rather see Keith solo to be honest than that.

Welcome to 2013. Not much has changed over the last few years other than the oddities they throw in night-to-night. 

Buenos Aires night 1 set:

1. Start Me Up

2. It's Only Rock N' Roll

3. Tumbling Dice

4. Out Of Control

5. Street Fighting Man (Song vote)

6. Anybody Seen My Baby?

7. Wild Horses

8. Paint It Black

9. Honky Tonk Women

10. Can't Be Seen

11. Happy

12. Midnight Rambler

13. Miss You

14. Gimme Shelter

15. Brown Sugar

17. Jumpin' Jack Flash

---

19. Satisfaction

Nice to see Can't Be Seen make a comeback. Loved that one when Keith did it in Rome in 2014 :)