Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

15 minutes ago, GivenToFly said:

They must have dropped the ticket prices for Cuba!

Free show. There's no official attendance numbers, but the Stones said on their website it was "possibly" the biggest show they've ever played. Their record is 1.6 million at the free Copacabana Beach show in Rio in 2006, so the Cuba show had to have a hell of a turnout if they think it can compete with that.

Cuba setlist:

Jumpin’ Jack Flash
It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)
Tumbling Dice
Out Of Control
All Down The Line (Song vote winner)
Angie
Paint It Black
Honky Tonk Women
- Band Introductions
Midnight Rambler
Miss You
Gimme Shelter
Start Me Up
Sympathy For The Devil
Brown Sugar

ENCORE
You Can’t Always Get You Want
(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Does the world really need another stones live film? It isn't that long since the hyde park thing!

If it wasn't for Cuba being kind of a final frontier, I'd agree. But I'll let it slide. Objectively though, it doesn't really add anything to the Stones catalog. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

$$$$$$$$

Yeah, I know. But I meant for the fans. At least a lot of the archive releases offer something new. But compared to other recent releases this won't add much. Sadly. Don't get me wrong. It's still the Stones and I love them and they're great and I'm sure it'll be very well-done and enjoyable. But nothing new. 

Can't imagine the boys themselves being short on cash anymore these days... But I'm sure somebody is getting rich(er). 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, username said:

Yeah, I know. But I meant for the fans. At least a lot of the archive releases offer something new. But compared to other recent releases this won't add much. Sadly. Don't get me wrong. It's still the Stones and I love them and they're great and I'm sure it'll be very well-done and enjoyable. But nothing new. 

Can't imagine the boys themselves being short on cash anymore these days... But I'm sure somebody is getting rich(er). 

I hear you mate personally I don't think any of the live tour  videos they have released after 2000 added much of anything but I am guilty of buying them all as I am a hardcore Stones fan. I will wait on this one until it can be had cheap on Amazon and then may spring for it.

Definitely agree with you on the Archive releases. They gave us some great stuff from the 60's-70's and wish they would release more.................... I would kill for a complete multitrack box set of the 3- 1969 MSG shows used for the "Get Yer Ya Ya's Out" LP............Maybe they are waiting for some time to pass and will release more Archive material.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

They played Out of Control in Cuba, so it will be good to see a proshot of that

They played that on the Bridges to Babylon Tour and it is on the offical St. Louis DVD you can pick up for almost nothing used. 

https://www.amazon.com/Rolling-Stones-Bridges-Babylon/dp/6305161925/ref=sr_1_36?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1470006252&sr=1-36&keywords=rolling+stones

14 hours ago, classicrawker said:

I hear you mate personally I don't think any of the live tour  videos they have released after 2000 added much of anything but I am guilty of buying them all as I am a hardcore Stones fan. I will wait on this one until it can be had cheap on Amazon and then may spring for it.

Definitely agree with you on the Archive releases. They gave us some great stuff from the 60's-70's and wish they would release more.................... I would kill for a complete multitrack box set of the 3- 1969 MSG shows used for the "Get Yer Ya Ya's Out" LP............Maybe they are waiting for some time to pass and will release more Archive material.

And in the meantime just do a decent physical release of The Brussels Affair. On Vinyl. ;) 

I was listening to You Can't Always Get What You Want from that gig this morning and it's still one of the best things anybody has ever recorded live in the history of music. Absolutely amazing. 

2 hours ago, username said:

And in the meantime just do a decent physical release of The Brussels Affair. On Vinyl. ;) 

I was listening to You Can't Always Get What You Want from that gig this morning and it's still one of the best things anybody has ever recorded live in the history of music. Absolutely amazing. 

There was an official release box set for the Brussels Affair which included a 3 LP vinyl version  but it was very expensive and limited when released.  You can get it aftermarket now but the cheapest I have seen is $299 on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XRolling+Stones+Brussels+affair+.TRS0&_nkw=Rolling+Stones+Brussels+affair+&_sacat=0

10 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

TIL there's a Bridges To Babylon DVD. Never knew about that. 

There is also one from the Voodoo Lounge tour which is a little rare now so even used copies are a little expensive

https://www.amazon.com/Rolling-Stones-Voodoo-Mick-Jagger/dp/6305078882

And several from the Steel Wheels tour

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dmovies-tv&field-keywords=Rolling+Stones+Steel+WHeels

I have the IMAX on bluray and it is excellent

https://www.amazon.com/Rolling-Stones-Live-Max-Blu-ray/dp/B002OT7346

I have the 1989 Atlantic City Steel Wheels PPV video on bootleg, in VG quality, where Axl and Izzy guest on "Salt of the Earth" but always wished they would release this officially. There was also 3D content in that show and you could get 3D glasses at 7-11 or some other convenience store I believe.

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

There was an official release box set for the Brussels Affair which included a 3 LP vinyl version  but it was very expensive and limited when released.  You can get it aftermarket now but the cheapest I have seen is $299 on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XRolling+Stones+Brussels+affair+.TRS0&_nkw=Rolling+Stones+Brussels+affair+&_sacat=0

Yeah, I've seen that. But buying it still kind of feels like being on the receiving end of anal sex with 4 seniors. I'd take just a regular LP set for a regular price though. 

2 minutes ago, username said:

Yeah, I've seen that. But buying it still kind of feels like being on the receiving end of anal sex with 4 seniors. I'd take just a regular LP set for a regular price though. 

Yeah I agree which is why I am happy with my bootleg CD version of the official Stones download of Brussels and my 2cd Rattlesnake label bootleg which has different songs from the two shows and bonus SB tracks from other 73 European shows........As much as I love em the Stones have been giving it to us fans without lube as far as prices go since the 2002 Licks tour but we keep coming back for more.........addiction is a terrible thing...........:lol:

• Like 1