Dizzy interview-Lubbock

IncitingChaos

Its different from what Fortus says in that hes says its done. Ron claims they havent done anything, its just old stuff that already done. Now Dizzy says its new stuff they are going to record?

Its different from what Fortus says in that hes says its done. Ron claims they havent done anything, its just old stuff that already done. Now Dizzy says its new stuff they are going to record?

He does. And I'm glad to hear that. Releasing Chinese Democracy outtakes that most guys in the band have nothing to do with wouldn't be a good way to etablish the new band as a creative entity.

And, to say the truth, I'm more interested in hearing something new and fresh.

He does. And I'm glad to hear that. Releasing Chinese Democracy outtakes that most guys in the band have nothing to do with wouldn't be a good way to etablish the new band as a creative entity.

I think 4 CD era songs and 10 newish songs which would include Fortus songs.

But no one like Tommy or Bumble really acknowledges CD era or Fortus songs.

Not to mention Dj.

I think if CD II existed in a finished form it would have been released in 2010. Even if it was just wild Bucket stuff.

So it loiks more like self titled hard rock album with Fortus and Dj bring back the glam strip.

Not to mention Dj.

I think if CD II existed in a finished form it would have been released in 2010. Even if it was just wild Bucket stuff.

So it loiks more like self titled hard rock album with Fortus and Dj bring back the glam strip.

I agree completely with your analysis. And all comments from band members lately has suggested a record primarily with new material. And also, a record without Bumblefoot as a contributing song writer (!).

Not to mention Dj.

I agree completely with your analysis. And all comments from band members lately has suggested a record primarily with new material. And also, a record without Bumblefoot as a contributing song writer (!).

It's really hard to say, I mean there's no eveidence Axl has recorded any vocals over recent years and he also claims he has plans for Silkworms in the next year. I think every member has some idea of what's going on but (maybe due to a lack of discussion) they all have very different opinions of what's going to happen.

Not to mention Dj.

It's really hard to say, I mean there's no eveidence Axl has recorded any vocals over recent years and he also claims he has plans for Silkworms in the next year. I think every member has some idea of what's going on but (maybe due to a lack of discussion) they all have very different opinions of what's going to happen.

I don't think they exactly know what's going to happen, more than us, but still they don't know. We're just scratching around for some kind basic outline. Ron could be on CD era stuff like Atlas, I think Finck is on something that was mentioned. Bucket hasn't been mentioned. Seems to me Ron needs to write a song himself for GNR, summit it to the lengthy interview process. You also have to take into account there's going to be a good few Axl songs and maybe they are or could considered to have been written during CD era. It's all pretty vague.

Everybody complained years ago about the band not even giving interviews, Now they do (Dizzy, Ron,DJ,)even Axl , soo be happy for that. It is going to be very hard for the band to release another album (Chin. Dem didnt go like AFD) and they are always careful, Axl is a perfectionist and always wait for the right moment. We also need to realize that they all come from diferent bands and their new album might even be...so diferent from anything we have listened to before.

Seeing as all the other members have been in the studio, talked about new material/album do you think that Axl might be punishing Ron for the past years indiscretions by keeping him out of the loop, therefore denying him the thing he wants most, to create music as GnR? Is that a bit far fetched? I can't see Axl letting some of the stuff Ron has said in recent times just slide but I could imagine him getting payback in this way.

Edited by alfierose

4 CD outtakes (some 'big guns') and 10 brand new songs seems like a perfect option.

Though, the less glam stuff is on the new record, the better.

I'd rather have it the other way around. It'd be quicker and I have more faith in the Robin/Bucket/TOBIAS songs.