Is Bumblefoot the greatest guitarist of our time?

Vincent Vega

I mean the guy can play in every genre, he makes amazing albums like Abnormal, he's an awesome singer with lots of range, he can sing in whistle register (99% of males can't), he's an awesome songwriter and he even makes great hot sauces as if he wasn't awesome enough already.

Is Bumblefoot the greatest guitarist alive, or of our time?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Bumby has done more for guitar than EVH, Slash, Jimi Hendrix (yes, he's part of "our time"), Les Paul, Eric Clapton, and Jimmy Page.

Yes, Bumblefoot is the greatest guitarist of our time. Yes, absolutely YES.

Edited by niceguy

I mean the guy can play in every genre, he makes amazing albums like Abnormal, he's an awesome singer with lots of range, he can sing in whistle register (99% of males can't), he's an awesome songwriter and he even makes great hot sauces as if he wasn't awesome enough already.

Lmao......no

What are some of the songs he has written that would make him a top-notch song writer? Give me a list of five that I can go check out. Thanks!

Bumblefoot is below par in any time.

he's a soulless shredder with nothing to say artistically.

he brings shame on the GNR name.

When he first joined GN'R, I wasn't too keen on his playing style, as it was definitely way more 'shred' than today. But he's definitely adapted to the style of the tunes and plays with more soul now. Not as bluesy as Slash, but closer to Buckethead at least.

Bumblefoot is below par in any time.

he's a soulless shredder with nothing to say artistically.

he brings shame on the GNR name.

When he first joined GN'R, I wasn't too keen on his playing style, as it was definitely way more 'shred' than today. But he's definitely adapted to the style of the tunes and plays with more soul now. Not as bluesy as Slash, but closer to Buckethead at least.

So after 7 years, he's starting to sound more like slash? I think id rather listen to that 10 yr old girl shred EVH's eruption on youtube or the 8yr old girl play SCOM

He may be a very technically gifted guitarist. I don't know if more than Satriani or Steve Vai or Buckethead. It's really a group of his peers that would decide. Maybe they all point at Jimi Hendrix.

Fame seems to decide who's a great guitarist nowadays.

Heh, no, the greatest guitarist would be one that has created guitar music that will go down in history as the most beloved by humankind.