Why is New GNR music treated like it is Area 51 by Axl Rose?

Randy Lahey

The General, Atlas Shrugged, Checkmate, and others could very well be sitting in a room somewhere at UMG. It's just speculation, but its conceivable one or more of these songs are on the cd Axl gave to the lable back in 2010.

That is the million dollar question. It could be many things - perfectionism, insecurity, lack of interest, etc.

probably a combination of all those but mostly the first two, plus i think the breakup of the 2001 lineup i think really dampened axl's drive to be honest.

That is the million dollar question. It could be many things - perfectionism, insecurity, lack of interest, etc.

probably a combination of all those but mostly the first two, plus i think the breakup of the 2001 lineup i think really dampened axl's drive to be honest.

I agree, there are many facets to why he seems to be so adverse to putting out new material. When Bucket left there was a huge hole of unique creativity left behind that Axl may not have thought could be filled

Obviously the sense of perfectionism is there considering how many versions of the songs we have as unfinished demos that sound legitimately finished - like the 2006 and 2007 leaks.

Edited by WhazUp

(Waits until an Axl hardcore says, ''Axl does not owe you anything'')!!

Or "why say anything because if it doesn't come true, then the haters will go into attack mode"

WELL how about worrying about the die-hard fans and stop giving a crap about the haters????

Randy is correct. It's crazy how secretive Axl and Beta/the children are about GnR music.

Apart from GN'R the fan. I am also a fan of the weirdness that is Axl/GN'R. I swear the years between 94 to present should be a book... the person who compiled Chinese Whispers did a great job. I find it sad, but also compelling. It reinforces my belief that Axl very much depended on Slash and when he left he hurt him considerably to the point where he grew to hate him for it.

Why is New GNR music treated like it is Area 51 by Axl Rose? Can somebody get me a security clearance pass so I can finally listen to Atlas Shrugged and The General?

I'm going to assume that Guns N' Roses wants their music released the way they want it released.

All I know is that of all things, music should never be treated like that. Its a huge part of the reason Chinese Democracy was so underwhelming when we finally heard it

Yup. One of the biggest mistakes Axl made with Chinese Democracy is building up the expectations to a level where they could never be met. It could be argued he's now doing it all over again. The difference this time is that it's only really us diehards who even care anymore.

Edited by axlsalinger

Why is New GNR music treated like it is Area 51 by Axl Rose? Can somebody get me a security clearance pass so I can finally listen to Atlas Shrugged and The General?

I'm going to assume that Guns N' Roses wants their music released the way they want it released.

Do you think he's holding out for multi-million dollar music videos with speedboats and supermodels?

Who knows.. you would think that the logistics of an EP digitally released on iTunes could be managed overnight and benefit both the fans and the band from a business perspective.. there's obviously something more, but what exactly?.. Is Axl not prepared to share any more music due to personal reservations? Is negotiation for release of new music being impaired by his management? Is the record label not willing to invest any more in this formation of GNR? Could be some or all of the aforementioned.. this topic will keep coming around with more questions than answers at this point..

Edited by rhiad85

Apart from GN'R the fan. I am also a fan of the weirdness that is Axl/GN'R. I swear the years between 94 to present should be a book... the person who compiled Chinese Whispers did a great job. I find it sad, but also compelling. It reinforces my belief that Axl very much depended on Slash and when he left he hurt him considerably to the point where he grew to hate him for it.

When i read that Chinese whispers i got the impression everyone was so caught up in the nightmare of CD they didnt think of Slash. Slash would have got lost in tgat situation. Im surprised Tommy could take it.

They really need to put out a UYI type set now, release the wolves.

Not sure if I've read Chinese whispers or not. Is it a chronological summation of past interviews and articles?

Axl, if you are out there, please land your spaceship in this thread.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Basically but there was definitely stuff id forgotten. It really confirms more material and how the label rejected early versions of CD. And they still may feel the same way about the industeial material.

To avoid leaks is good reason to keep things on tge down low. If a holder finds out say jackie chan is being released on tge album they will give it to someone for something more value.

Axl was happy to confirm tracks in the chats. These songs exist. Again from Chinese whispers Axl believes energy of band shoukd be on the record. So he may want to record parts. Hence delays. He had to get Ron and Frank on. Amd now Dj. If the label just wants old stuff to release, then Axl might not see that as what he wants to put out with him liking new line up. Fortus seems to think they are finishing up the record.