Why is New GNR music treated like it is Area 51 by Axl Rose?

Randy Lahey

If you have not yet read Chinese Whispers, you really should. It's a fantastic read, very detailed and mind-blowing. I don't know if we can put links to other sites on here, but just google "chinese whispers guns n roses". It's the first result that comes up, you can then click on the links year by year to read the The Shocking Truth.

Why is New GNR music treated like it is Area 51 by Axl Rose? Can somebody get me a security clearance pass so I can finally listen to Atlas Shrugged and The General?

I'm going to assume that Guns N' Roses wants their music released the way they want it released.

Do you think he's holding out for multi-million dollar music videos with speedboats and supermodels?

I fear that this time, he is willing to forgo the music videos but won't budget until multi-millions are deposited into a Swiss bank account.

It really makes you understand why starting a new project woukd be daunting. If they set out to reinvent the band that is. If they just give themselves a more modest mission... but those parameters dont seem very Axl.

This popped up in another thread. I'm sure it's a fake, but I am still laughing my ass off. It's brilliant whether it's real or fake. Is it CD2, or Track 11 of 12 on Album 3?

Axl should drop a series of clues at random locations. The lyrics of Jackie Chan are the key that unlocks the codex. Solving the Axl Code reveals the hidden mystery of CD2.

z3n5.jpg

In 2006, there were 32 songs, 26 were nearly done. They've had a few years since 2008 to work on those 12 songs. There's prob info on each them at this point.

If I had to guess, I'd say Axl has at least those 18 remaining songs finished. 7 years since he said 26 songs were done.

This time I don't expect any real leaks from the next album. Axl learned his lesson. Maybe very close to the release date we'll hear something but not before.

Maybe we'll get mostly a Bucket/Robin driven album with Fortus on a couple, Bumble sleaze n' leads, and Axl giving Ashba a few spots cause he likes him so why not.

An 18 songs album is a big enough pie to share between 3 line ups.

Why is New GNR music treated like it is Area 51 by Axl Rose? Can somebody get me a security clearance pass so I can finally listen to Atlas Shrugged and The General?

I'm going to assume that Guns N' Roses wants their music released the way they want it released.

Do you think he's holding out for multi-million dollar music videos with speedboats and supermodels?

No, but my guess is he would at least like any sort of proper promotion.

I think in their day to day lives they just don't care about the fans and new music. They don't talk about it, the band doesn't talk to axl about it, etc. They're rich and they're just living a life of luxury not bothered by any gnr stuff.

I'm sure it's great for them. Except maybe axl who unfortunately seems forever unhappy. I think if axl was happier many problems would be erased. For example, Trent Reznor recently said about his new album that the anger that once fueled the downward spiral is mostly gone. He is straight up telling his fans he's happier and the new music won't be the same as his most classic album. He doesn't care, he's happy and he's releasing music all the time anyway because he loves music and loves life. The music is actually pretty damn good because of it.

I think somewhere along the way in putting this out, he lost interest in videos (except as background scenery at the shows).

If I was Axl I would not release an Album. I would just release singles instead. Too much pressure on him to release a whole album. I'm sure his studio voice would still be awesome and he could just release a few catchy new tunes every now and again.

I don't think it's about pressure to release an album at this point, but hopefully he's reconnected with Interscope and figuring out what to do next, other than more tour dates.

In 2006, there were 32 songs, 26 were nearly done. They've had a few years since 2008 to work on those 12 songs. There's prob info on each them at this point.

If I had to guess, I'd say Axl has at least those 18 remaining songs finished. 7 years since he said 26 songs were done.

This time I don't expect any real leaks from the next album. Axl learned his lesson. Maybe very close to the release date we'll hear something but not before.

Maybe we'll get mostly a Bucket/Robin driven album with Fortus on a couple, Bumble sleaze n' leads, and Axl giving Ashba a few spots cause he likes him so why not.

An 18 songs album is a big enough pie to share between 3 line ups.

maybe this is what Fortus has been doing. Finishing off those left over. Atlas and others Ron seemed to have finished.

They must have a bunch of stuff.

I think somewhere along the way in putting this out, he lost interest in videos (except as background scenery at the shows).

i think after 2004 the label became difficult. But there is something silly about videos now.