Let's Talk About You Could Be Mine

seely

I always thought that third verse was writen by Axl. It looks so much like something he would write. It's very "Axlesque".

And it's very possible considering that he's credited too.

Edited by nn18

one of the best gnr songs period, you guys are crazy to say it should be dropped from the set.

Have you heard a recent live version? It's consistently the worst song at concerts, IMO. Either Axl should drop a song or 2 so he can put the proper effort into the song, or he should drop YCBM. The thin clean voice doesn't work on it.

I listen to Rio 1991, which is full of mistakes, the mic doesnt work, Izzy fucking rocks, it sounds just fuckin right

Edited by ludurigan
  • Like 2

one of the best gnr songs period, you guys are crazy to say it should be dropped from the set.

Have you heard a recent live version? It's consistently the worst song at concerts, IMO. Either Axl should drop a song or 2 so he can put the proper effort into the song, or he should drop YCBM. The thin clean voice doesn't work on it.

I listen to Rio 1991, which is full of mistakes, the mic doesnt work, Izzy fucking rocks, it sounds just fuckin right

damn this is probly the most on screen time ive seen of izzy

• Like 1

I saw them in 2011 in Detroit, Axl did it good that night. Maybe not old days good, but it wasn't bad.

I saw them twice in 2011... Duff was the best part about YCBM (both times), but it was still sub-par vocally. Axl just can't do it justice anymore :shrugs:

I'd love to be proven wrong about that, though.

Check out Chile or I think Budapest from 2010.

I saw them in 2011 in Detroit, Axl did it good that night. Maybe not old days good, but it wasn't bad.

I saw them twice in 2011... Duff was the best part about YCBM (both times), but it was still sub-par vocally. Axl just can't do it justice anymore :shrugs:

I guess we all agree 2010 was a pretty good year. But the truth is that, since 2011, the good YCBM performances can be counted with a few fingers...

I guess we all agree 2010 was a pretty good year. But the truth is that, since 2011, the good YCBM performances can be counted with a few fingers...

2010 was almost unbelievable. I remember 2006. He was great, but he had a lot of shows where he reverted back to his clean voice more.

There was pretty much none of that in 2010. He just powered through everything on many shows with complete control.

Edited by Rovim

2010 was almost unbelievable. I remember 2006. He was great, but he had a lot of shows where he reverted back to his clean voice more.

There was pretty much none of that in 2010. He just powered through everything on many shows with complete control and power.

Yeah. If they had just stopped touring after that it would have been perfect. I think a big part of explaining Axl's 2011- voice is all the effort he put into those 2010 performances

Fucking love this performance. The energy from the band is fantastic. When Axl throws the kick out at the 52 second mark you can just feel the energy thru the screen and see the band gel. It just looks natural.

Full of mistakes but amazing.

^that's what I meant. He killed it in pretty much all 2010 shows, because he sang it the way it was meant to be. I still don't think the clean voice suits the song, YCBM is one of the only songs I always have a problem listening to with the clean voice, everything else ranges in quality, but YCBM needs that raspy voice.

^that's what I meant. He killed it in pretty much all 2010 shows, because he sang it the way it was meant to be. I still don't think the clean voice suits the song, YCBM is one of the only songs I always have a problem listening to with the clean voice, everything else ranges in quality, but YCBM needs that raspy voice.

Even when they opened with it in Bolivia, Axl ended up using the clean voice after trying for a few seconds to go with the raspy chest voice he uses on WTTJ:

Even when they opened with it in Bolivia, Axl ended up using the clean voice after trying for a few seconds to go with the raspy chest voice he uses on WTTJ:

Yeah, I reckon the thin air actually helped in a way. Yes, he had no breath, but it was the first time in a long time he'd used so much of his chest voice.. he got a lot of range back in his chest voice. Strange.. just my thoughts :)

• Like 1

I kind of hate the production on the song... I feel like it could have had a lot more balls on the studio version.

But I love the song! So menacing and cool... literally a type of rock music that has not been written in a very long time since. Also very fun to play on the geetar.... gotta work on that solo...

It's intensely Axl dependant, as well. When Slash covers it with Myles it just has no where near the same impact. If you don't inject the venom it just drones on.

Edited by Ant