Guitar Gods- Yngwie, Bumblefoot, and Uli Jon Roth!! USA TOUR

GUITAR GODS 2014 FEATURING YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ULI JON ROTH, GARY HOEY & BUMBLEFOOT (of GUNS N ROSES) TO TAKE PLACE THIS SUMMER
Guitar Gods is Created & Produced by April Malmsteen

Yngwie Malmsteen is one of the most technically accomplished guitarists of all time, rewriting the book on hard rock/heavy metal guitar. In addition to countless awards from music and instrument specific publications, none other than TIME Magazine hailed him as one of the ten greatest electric guitarists.
2013 was a banner year for Malmsteen, as he released his bestselling autobiography Relentless which coincided with a wildly successful tour that played to full houses all over the world. The only way he could top that in 2014 was to hand pick an all-star lineup of Guitar Gods to share the stage with him on a magical full North American tour.
“Fans can expect the unexpected,” Malmsteen said regarding his live shows. “I raise the bar with every performance I do and this tour will be no different.”
Held in the highest regard in his own right, Uli Jon Roth brings the very special 40th Anniversary Scorpions set that has been playing to frenzied audiences in Europe to North America, embracing his storied history with the band and digging deep into their catalog for this tour.
Acclaimed for his accomplishments for perfecting his playing in multiple genres (rock, blues, surf) and respected by both fans and peers alike, Gary Hoey performs his radio hits such as the Billboard Top 5 smash Hocus Pocus along with other favorites/
Gusn N’ Roses guitarist Bumbleoot (as seen in the just released DVD Appetite for Democracy which documents the bands Las Vegas Hard Rock Hotel residency) embarks on his first solo tour, playing songs from his entire critically praised recorded history.
Tour to take place from June-July. Exact dates TBA.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Official-Yngwie-Malmsteen/15331653478

• Like 1

This + Fortus' statement about Dead Daisies makes me think there's gonna be a long break after the Vegas residency ends. My theory is that the residency + SA Tour is a final attempt to get funds to release the new album, similar to the late '06/early '07 dates before ChiDem, though that may just be me being optimistic.

• Like 1

GNR rarley tours in august as well, I put that down to half of the band having families and with the schools being off its more of a welfare thing for the band.

So September for anything at the earliest. There is still not enough evidence for them to be working on an album. What is sure is that the GNR machine needs money to be kept alive so silence won't last long.

Edited by Axl_morris

This + Fortus' statement about Dead Daisies makes me think there's gonna be a long break after the Vegas residency ends. My theory is that the residency + SA Tour is a final attempt to get funds to release the new album, similar to the late '06/early '07 dates before ChiDem, though that may just be me being optimistic.

Hate to say it but I think you are being optimistic... I really don't see a new album coming out. It sucks but it is pretty clear Axl just doesn't care or have the heart to do it. At least in 99-2007 he expressed some sort of interest in new material.

I'm really pumped for this tour and Ron's solo album, though

• 1 month later...

06/13 - Paramount Theatre - Huntington, NY
06/14 - Starland Ballroom - Sayreville, NJ
06/17 - Bergen Performing Arts Center- Englewood, NJ
06/20 - Arcada Theatre - St. Charles, IL
06/21 - Phoenix Theatre - Toronto, ON
06/26 - Showbox Theatre - Seattle, WA
06/27 - Roseland Theater - Portland, OR
07/3 - Saban Theatre - Beverly Hills, CA
07/8 - Rialto Theatre - Tucson, AZ

http://www.antimusic.com/news/14/April/ ... Tour.shtml

• 2 weeks later...

How much would you guys pay? For me this is a $25 show. I wanna see Ron solo and also Uli Jon Roth. I'd stick around for Gary Hoey even though I only know his one hit from 20 years ago. I am unfamiliar with Malmsteen but he is respected so I'll give him a chance. I hope they don't price these tickets at like $75.

Buckethead mops the floor with all of em..

Bullshit. Yngwie would play Bucket's stuff a lot easier than Bucket playing Yngwie's stuff. Yngwie would start playing those classical pieces and Buckethead would be lost just like everyone else is when Yngwie plays them. Satriani and Vai both admit to being inferior to Yngwie, and both of them are more advanced than Buckethead is. You Buckethead fans need to really lay off the crack pipe...