Sorum against Hetfield

auad

I personally don't hunt, because I don't take pleasure in killing things. But having said that, I used to go hunting with my father and uncle's in my youth. So I understand what it's all about, I just choose to no longer par take in the activity. Do I think some people go way overboard with it? Yes without a doubt. There is a lot of right wing propaganda that goes hand and hand with hunting. When you are a child taking hunters safety, they start filling your head with the propaganda right then. It's actually sickning and border line brainwashing imo. That BS bothers me more than the actual hunting tbh. Really you are going to start the right wing brainwashing on some innocent 10,11,and 12 year olds? That's fucking sick if you ask me. Luckily for me, I have always been aware enough to see through the BS, even at that age. But it made it's mark on me, and actually helped turn me away from hunting, more than encouraged me. I was pretty much done with hunting by the age of 17 and don't miss it at all. I do fish though on occasion, which I always practice catch and release.

But there are a few positives to hunting, over population is a problem. Anyone that has ever hit a deer with a car (me) will tell you how fucking scary that can be. So I do think there is a need for hunting, which I personally don't have a problem with it, I just choose to not hunt. But for me to say "hunting should be outlawed" would make me no better than the right winged propaganda spreaders that I disliked in my youth....

Edited by Mike420

I fucking detest people that see an Elephant or a Bear and want to shoot it.

If you engage the Bear in hand to hand combat and emerge victorious, maybe that's another thing...but just popping it with a firearm, I don't see what's strong about that.

I love eating meat, but if I had to kill the poor beast or chicken/ whatever I'd be eating a hell of a lot of vegetables.

As a meat eater though, I realise I'm enabling the wholesale genocide of cattle and poultry, and that is sickening in itself...as much as I love the taste.

• Like 2

Is it ok to kill my neighbours dog if I eat it?

Is it ok to kill my neighbour if I eat him?

Silly argument. If you hunt wild animals for fun, you're a lowlife, regardless if you eat the animal or not. Don't kid yourself.

No... that's someone's tamed pet.... the bears, dear and other hunted animals are wild and you are lawfully allowed to hunt them because of a need to decrease the amount of any one type of animal as it might eat too much of another species and then cause the extinction of another species... ripple effects and all that stuff.

Should wild boars be left and not hunted? I think they should be hunted and if you were chased and likely badly injured by one you would probably say the same thing (I haven't, but I've seen the evidence and heard the stories).

I don't agree with hunting for sport, l agree when its to feed ones family, when there's an actual need for one type of animal to be culled and when one type of animal is a danger to humans (probably because we cut down its natural habitat...)

• Like 1

Trophy hunting is wrong and Hetfield is a trophy hunter.

Hunting to keep the population controlled is another thing and in some cases even the most humane, since it's no fun to see deers starving of hunger.

You think Hetfield will eat the bear out of need for food? Ofcourse not! So Hetfield is a trophy hunter and is wrong and Matt is right in this case.

Edited by MB.

Guest Len B'stard

Isn't that what the whole 'ban Metallica from glastonbury' thing is all about? Cause James is a redneck.

I reckon because its a heavy metal act

Oh please, there's been plenty of you greasy bastards down at Glasto :lol:

Elk is tasty as fuck, my mother makes a mean elk meatloaf :)

Unless you are a vegitarian, you are a hypocrit.

Off topic: Why can´t i quote?

There is a difference in eating meat and killing something yourself.

Why? Because doing the latter makes you less of a certified hypocrite and a coward?

You honestly think the mental process between buying a hot dog at a baseball game and loading a weapon, aiming down sights and blowing the brains out of a living creature that's simply not harming anything is the same? Really?

I despise hunting. It's so useless and pathetic. Whoa, big man! Managed to floor a bear....from a distance with a big fat gun. Seriously pathetic. Get into a fistfight with it instead, coward. I'm a Metallica fan, but I hate this side of Hetfield.

• Like 1

Just google "wild hog population". These animals are destructive, dangerous, and out of control. They will kill indigenous flora and fauna and eat both. They have been responsible for the destruction of millions of dollars worth of property and crops. Most professional hog hunters donate the meat to homeless shelters. I am an animal lover but the fact remains that these animals have become uncontrollable.

Just google "wild hog population". These animals are destructive, dangerous, and out of control. They will kill indigenous flora and fauna and eat both. They have been responsible for the destruction of millions of dollars worth of property and crops. Most professional hog hunters donate the meat to homeless shelters. I am an animal lover but the fact remains that these animals have become uncontrollable.

I bet you cant say that about bears though.

• Like 1

Jesus, the guy is a hunter. Let's kill him with fire!!

I am so fed up of this patronizing attitude everywhere. Like, everything we do is fine and ok and our morals and principles are the right ones so everybody should embrace them. Decades ago it was only the kings and dictators doing that.

I never hunted in my life and I would never had the guts but, if it's legal and especially controlled, then it's just his business.

Edited by Thin White Duke
  • Like 1

I'd watch a documentary series where a kodiak bear hunts after James Hetfield for fun and provides the voice-over.

Is that in retribution for St Anger?

No, not really. I like some songs off that record. I just hope that as soon as James realizes that 'there's no escape and that's for sure' and that ''tallica loves you, baby!' won't work, he'll remember how to roar.

Why? Because doing the latter makes you less of a certified hypocrite and a coward?

You honestly think the mental process between buying a hot dog at a baseball game and loading a weapon, aiming down sights and blowing the brains out of a living creature that's simply not harming anything is the same? Really?

Should be. If you can't bring yourself to kill that particular animal, or you find the notion of an animal being slaughtered in front of you confronting, I'd dare suggest you make friends with salad.
  • Like 1

It's not about hunting for food. Hunting for food is something else. What Hetfield does is also not hunting for controlling wildlife, he got no excuse.

He is shooting bears for fun, which means Hetfield is a trophy hunter. Trophy hunting is not right imo.

• Like 2

Jesus, the guy is a hunter. Let's kill him with fire!!

I am so fed up of this patronizing attitude everywhere. Like, everything we do is fine and ok and our morals and principles are the right ones so everybody should embrace them. Decades ago it was only the kings and dictators doing that.

I never hunted in my life and I would never had the guts but, if it's legal and especially controlled, then it's just his business.

Well said. Best post of the entire topic.

The overwhelming majority of hunters eat what they shoot.

I don't agree with those who hunt for pleasure or for records or trophies.

I think it makes some people feel better about themselves when they rant/soap box/bash anybody that they disagree with. No longer can you just simply disagree with somebody. Now you must also show lavish high amounts of hatred on the person as well.

All of you who are so angry about people who hunt. Do you feel the same way about people who fish?

• Like 1

Should be. If you can't bring yourself to kill that particular animal, or you find the notion of an animal being slaughtered in front of you confronting, I'd dare suggest you make friends with salad.

Dontwinfriendswithsalad.gif

• Like 3

Stupid Sorum.

I like Hetfield even better now. Nothing wrong with hunting at all.

Like nothing wrong with killing people for democracy eh?

Are you fucking retarded? How does hunting equate to killing people. Fuck, you're one dumb SOB.

Stupid Sorum, thinking he's taking the moral high ground on this hunting "issue." What about other social issues he has chosen to ignore? This fucktard takes about an incestuous threesome he had with a mother and daughter. He's a creep with a bad hair cut.