The "Ron don't go" monumental campaign, starts now!

Supporting BBF is encouraging him to leave this shit show band.

No it's not. He's a grown ass man, I'm sure he can decide for himself with the knowledge we want him to stay in the band. Our support as Guns fans can only be a positive thing, cause he can appreciate our love for him as a musician and still leave the band if it's not working out for him. And he can always quit in the future.

That's weird logic, but OK.

I think the best thing for Ron is to get out. It's bad for Guns, but Guns sucks anyway thanks to Axl, so I'm in favor of what I think is best for Bupplepuss.

Supporting BBF is encouraging him to leave this shit show band.

No it's not. He's a grown ass man, I'm sure he can decide for himself with the knowledge we want him to stay in the band. Our support as Guns fans can only be a positive thing, cause he can appreciate our love for him as a musician and still leave the band if it's not working out for him. And he can always quit in the future.

That's weird logic, but OK.

I think the best thing for Ron is to get out. It's bad for Guns, but Guns sucks anyway thanks to Axl, so I'm in favor of what I think is best for Bupplepuss.

Whatever man. Personally, I think it's weird you think it's weird I want him to stay in the band on a Guns forum. 8 years in the band. Surely you can understand some people here see him as more then a faceless employee, even if many here see him that way. And you're not exactly a fan of Bumble or new Guns if I'm not mistaken so yeah.

Edited by Rovim

When did I say it was weird for you to want him to stay? It was weird for you to say "No it's not," as if there were some logical argument against my opinion. I couldn't care less about whether you want him in the band. If you do, great. Don't get so fucking huffy.

Bunch of asscunts in this thread. Why don't you go fuck a turd and let us express our support? it's a fan forum, you don't have to shit all over the band and it's members in every chance you get. Not cool. Sad, bored little shits.You ruin it for those of us who actually care about this thing. Again: a fan forum.

I wanted to eat a nice piece of fruit but I'm too mad to do that now. :fuckyou:

was it a grapefruit by chance?

look, bumble won't give us a straight answer on this and it pisses some people off. we all wish it was dj leaving instead, what can we do? if bumble leaves it'll be a bummer but not the end of the world.

I don't want to talk about fruits with you right now.

Now, you look: we don't know what Bumble can share about his status in the band. From what I know as a fan, his first instinct is ALWAYS to give as much info, music, and really everything he can to his fans. Guns fans and Bumble fans alike. So how about giving him the benefit of the doubt here? it's not too much to ask when all he did was give for years and years. That's what you can do.

And it will be more of a bummer to his fans, maybe not so much to you. And btw: nothing will be the end of the world except the end of the world. Doesn't mean it won't suck hard, and this thread, in it's small way, is trying to help to prevent that. So let it be and all that hippy shit.

When did I say it was weird for you to want him to stay? It was weird for you to say "No it's not," as if there were some logical argument against my opinion. I couldn't care less about whether you want him in the band. If you do, great. Don't get so fucking huffy.

I'll just drop it. What I said didn't come from ego, I truly believe there is no harm in expressing our desire for him to stay, is all. It was a poor choice of words, but take another look at what you wrote in your first post in this thread: you directly shot down any potential support by labeling it as actually being the opposite of it ie: if we want to support Bumble, what we're doing here is wrong. You are guilty of doing what you've resented me of doing.

I'll just drop it. What I said didn't come from ego, I truly believe there is no harm in expressing our desire for him to stay, is all. It was a poor choice of words, but take another look at what you wrote in your first post in this thread: you directly shot down any potential support by labeling it as actually being the opposite of it ie: if we want to support Bumble, what we're doing here is wrong. You are guilty of doing what you've resented me of doing.

If I admit I did the same thing will you lighten the fuck up? Goddamn, Rovim. :lol:

IMO, the best thing for Ron is to get out, unless he's satisfied being known as that guy who plays Slash's parts, which it doesn't seem he is.

If I admit I did the same thing will you lighten the fuck up? Goddamn, Rovim. :lol:

IMO, the best thing for Ron is to get out, unless he's satisfied being known as that guy who plays Slash's parts, which it doesn't seem he is.

My emotional state is not conditioned by what you choose to say, so no. I would really appreciate it if you could directly adress my previous post cause I feel like I've explained myself well enough for you to do that.

Like I said earlier: Ron is a big boy. I think he can hear all of our voices and decide for himself. I think we're not important enough to damage his future as a musician anyway. :shrugs:

Edited by Rovim

Why would I want to persuade a, clearly talented guitarist, to remain in a cheesy Vegas act, playing another man's greatest hits, when he could be much happier producing his own music? ‘’Come on Ron: we need you to play November Rain to Brazilians for cash?’’ - nahh, Ron is better off out of it.

Why would I want to persuade a, clearly talented guitarist, to remain in a cheesy Vegas act, playing another man's greatest hits, when he could be much happier producing his own music? ‘’Come on Ron: we need you to play November Rain to Brazilians for cash?’’ - nahh, Ron is better off out of it.

Not only for you to decide. Just so happens that I don't share your opinion, and this thread is also for people who share mine.

My emotional state is not conditioned by what you choose to say, so no. I would really appreciate it if you could directly adress my previous post cause I feel like I've explained myself well enough for you to do that.

Like I said earlier: Ron is a big boy. I think he can hear all of our voices and decide for himself. I think we're not important enough to damage his future as a musician. :shrugs:

I have no idea what you're talking about anymore. I addressed what you said directly. No one's avoiding anything. You're being a bit crazy.

Like I said earlier: Ron is a big boy. I think he can hear all of our voices and decide for himself. I think we're not important enough to damage his future as a musician. :shrugs:

I have no idea what you're talking about anymore. I addressed what you said directly. No one's avoiding anything. You're being a bit crazy.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

From what Ron has said it's more from his side that he wants to leave. I understand especially with his solo stuff that its something he misses. For band guys like Dj and Tommy it's not that big of a deal. For hardened session guys like Fortus it's what he does. Plus his back, rigorous touring must be hell. Real good reasons to step down.

Maybe Ron is just more vocal than the others and that's why it gets a negative spin. Hes not sugar coating at all. I really think Axl would want to keep him for touring and whatever's next. I suppose there's various scenarios.

If Ron leaves I think Fortus and Dj will be sharing lead for the record and tour.

Edited by wasted

I guess I won't get my chance to interact with Bumble after all heh. It was a long shot anyway, but Bumble, if you read this: just wanted to say thank you so much for everything you're doing. I'll probably never stop following you and will always enjoy your music both in and out of Guns but please don't leave Guns, don't leave! the band and the fans need you to stay (if you can)

I feel like there's less chance of a new record if he leaves. But maybe Axl isn't coming back anyway?

I have to say there's a raft of reasons for Ron to leave, all of which would be understandable.

I feel bad for him in a way. Why go to Vietnam if you aren't going to get a medal?

He's too good to be the #2 guitarist in Axl's touring band, for a guy who can play like he can it must be so fucking galling to be second fiddle to DJ Ashba...seriously.

I'm not really into his solo music, but he's undeniably talented and is awesome to his fans, and has done his utmost for GNR fans too even though the poor bastard has both hands and a leg tied behind his back when it comes to GNR moving forward.

• Like 1

I like Ron and his playing in GNR but why should he stay in the band if he is artistically unfuffiled? I wouldn't blame him for leaving the band considering the very few things besides touring the band has accomplished since 2008

Dear BBF, I think you are fucking awesome. Do whatever makes you happy. If you stick around, I know that your work with GNR will always sound great. I loved your adds to CD, your live performances, and have really enjoyed your hot sauces too. Whatever you decide, follow your heart. I'm sure whatever you choose will be the right choice. Enjoyed the ice bucket thing. Stay great.

• Like 4

Dear BBF, I think you are fucking awesome. Do whatever makes you happy. If you stick around, I know that your work with GNR will always sound great. I loved your adds to CD, your live performances, and have really enjoyed your hot sauces too. Whatever you decide, follow your heart. I'm sure whatever you choose will be the right choice. Enjoyed the ice bucket thing. Stay great.