Metallica

Snake-Pit

their first 4 albums are just amazing albums, everything post AJFA is forgettable with the occasional song here and there being decent, but they will never do anything on those first four albums, right now they kind of seem to be lost and not really knowing what they want to do.

• Like 1

when i hear death magnetic it reminds me of a sports star or a coach who retires and then some years later tries to make a comeback and when you see them again, you realize the game has passed them by a long, long time ago.

• Like 2

when i hear death magnetic it reminds me of a sports star or a coach who retires and then some years later tries to make a comeback and when you see them again, you realize the game has passed them by a long, long time ago.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about it too. I mean, I was pretty excited for the album when it came out back in 08. But the thing about Death Magnetic is that it's just a pretty decent Metallica album. Not a great metal album. So it's good for them to get back to what they like doing, but metal has evolved a ton since their heyday. They perfected the metal sound in the 80s, but they'll never get that back. The problem is that so many people want that back, but it won't happen. Plenty of older bands update their sound and adapt with the times (Overkill, Testament, Heathen, etc.), but Metallica seems to be caught between a rock and a hard place with their sound. If they try to update their sound, they'll be slammed. But they can't be a retro act either. So, I'll still give them the benefit of the doubt for now and see if they come up with something fresh.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Metallica’s James Hetfield Still ‘Not Really Comfortable’ Watching ‘Some Kind of Monster’

Asked by morning radio talk show host Elliot Segal earlier today (Thursday, October 23) if the raw and brutally honest film was still tough for him to watch, Hetfield said: "Yeah, it [is]. Hearing yourself, watching yourself, seeing the mirror back at what other people see. Especially where Joe and Bruce, the directors of this, they ended up being pretty much fly on the wall, so you really kind of forget the cameras are there and you're being yourself. And a lot of times I'm not really comfortable with myself and seeing myself in the situations, but, man, I learned a lot about what I don't like about me. Which was good — it was a good mirror. And I think everyone involved in that movie pretty much felt the same way about themselves."
It's tough to see how stupid are the reactions of Lars there. :lol:
*Trujillo had birthday,he is 50 yo,do you believe that guy its 50 yo? :blink::lol:

They're playing Blizzcon in a few weeks. Thought that was kind of cool, Blizzard got someone as big as Metallica to play.

They had Ozzy a few years back and he had to guide the nerds through chanting "one more song" for the encore. :lol:

That probably had more to do with Ozzy than the "nerds".

Are they going to be the house band?

They're playing Blizzcon in a few weeks. Thought that was kind of cool, Blizzard got someone as big as Metallica to play.

They had Ozzy a few years back and he had to guide the nerds through chanting "one more song" for the encore. :lol:
That probably had more to do with Ozzy than the "nerds".

Nah, it was obvious they were into it, they just didn't know how to start an encore. :lol:

God awful band, the very definition of mediocre, middle of the road, inoffensive, archetypical, a copy of a copy of a copy of an idea that was crap to begin with. Boring.

Then name an original metal band from the early 80's that still big today and not become a boring ass nostalgia act and not mediocre by any means...

Maiden.

Lolwut?

Maiden became a nostalgia band despite they occasionally release new records...

Their shows are still good, though

edit. i just realised who is the poster :lol:

sorry powerage

God awful band, the very definition of mediocre, middle of the road, inoffensive, archetypical, a copy of a copy of a copy of an idea that was crap to begin with. Boring.

Then name an original metal band from the early 80's that still big today and not become a boring ass nostalgia act and not mediocre by any means...

Why?

Because your trolling attempt is poorer than a wet fart, you stupid Pistols-Punk lover....

their first 4 albums are just amazing albums, everything post AJFA is forgettable with the occasional song here and there being decent, but they will never do anything on those first four albums, right now they kind of seem to be lost and not really knowing what they want to do.

Typical metalhead answer...

Edited by Motivation

Bleeding Me is not only my favorite song, it's one of their heaviest. Blues-metal Metallica is not bad.

Fuck Reload.

• Like 1

Maiden.

Lolwut?

Maiden became a nostalgia band despite they occasionally release new records...

Their shows are still good, though

edit. i just realised who is the poster :lol:

sorry powerage

Why?

Because your trolling attempt is poorer than a wet fart, you stupid Pistols-Punk lover....

Typical metalhead answer...

its the truth. metallica became a band that jumped on every bandwagon known to man and become a watered down shell of their former selves. they didn't give a shit about thrash until thrash became hot again, and in the 90s when they were doing their alt rock/rock bandwagon hopping they put down metal bands but when it served them financially they could find themselves stomaching making metal(thrash) again.

as to axlisold, bleeding me to me is the best AJFA song they made, great song. actually number 2 number 1 is the unforgiven.

Edited by bran

They struck gold a few times after AJFA, but the average quality definitely dropped.

Highlights:

The Unforgiven

Bleeding Me

The Outlaw Torn

No Leaf Clover

All Nightmare Long

The Judas Kiss

My Apocalypse

Sabbra Cadabra (cover)

Whiskey in the Jar (cover)

Mercyful Fate (cover)

So What (cover)

that is a very accurate list IMO. my apocalypse was probably my favorite song off death magnetic, the mercyful fate cover is awesome, especially when they did it with king diamond in san francisco a little while ago.