Metallica

Snake-Pit

I think they were trying to be, primal - that is the best word I have for it, primal - with St Anger. Just have this punk rock, fuck everything up, mentality in the studio, which entailed lyrics like 'tick tock'. The problem was, it got completely lost in translation. Not that I am defending the album as I think it is a big pile of steaming poo - just trying to understand their thinking. This was why they ditched guitar solos also.

The funny thing is if you're listen to the deep cuts (for ex: Dirty Window) from St. Anger when you're high, the whole album gets a new vibe, and seems like a great metal album. If you're sober then that's other story. The shitty snare and too long songs killing it, but NOT when you're stoned

With DM they tried to return in a music path more usual for fans because there wasn't any enough space/time there for more experimentation or failure,DM was a good positive step for Metallica to overcome their music crisis and direction,they put the train again in the rails.

As for the next album,the safe choice is to continue where they stopped with DM.

Edited by Majestic Beast

With DM they tried to return in a music path more usual for fans because there wasn't any enough space/time there for more experimentation or failure,DM was a good positive step for Metallica to overcome their music crisis and direction,they put the train again in the rails.

As for the next album,the safe choice is to continue where they stopped with DM.

I don't think it was. They ran out of fresh ideas, so they kinda gave up and went backwards with DM imo. At least with their previous albums, they had balls. Tried new-ish things.

The fans shouldn't dictate so much. Regardless of what you think of Queens Of The Stone Age albums, at least Josh does what he wants musically. Also, Metallica looks back too much to what they did in the past instead of saying fuck that and just create what feels interesting to them as a band.

I once saw a James interview where he was kinda asking himself: "what made Master Of Puppets a good album?" and he had no idea. They're lost. It doesn't matter what made it a masterpiece. Your job as a musician is to create something you feel is relevant to the person you are today. It should be genuine, not a copy of a copy of what you think was really good once upon a time. That's over. Fuckin' make something new or fuck off and do country.

Edited by Rovim

But why do they have to do something new? What does a bunch of blokes in their fifties have to prove to anyone, especially when they're the most revered band of their particular sub-genre and the most revered in metal overall along with Sabbath? Every great band has a golden era, then continue to make fairly good albums afterwards. Why fuckin Metallica fans can't deal with this shit is beyond me. Slayer are like the ACDC of thrash, releasing the same shit over and over and no one cares. Megadeth went commercial at the same time Metallica did with Countdown and yet Metallica are called the sell outs. Honestly fuck metal fans. I get why Lenny thinks we're all a bunch of stupid mouth breathers now. :lol:

Don't forget "I would deeleet that" from papa Ulrich.

best part of the movie.

But why do they have to do something new? What does a bunch of blokes in their fifties have to prove to anyone, especially when they're the most revered band of their particular sub-genre and the most revered in metal overall along with Sabbath? Every great band has a golden era, then continue to make fairly good albums afterwards. Why fuckin Metallica fans can't deal with this shit is beyond me. Slayer are like the ACDC of thrash, releasing the same shit over and over and no one cares. Megadeth went commercial at the same time Metallica did with Countdown and yet Metallica are called the sell outs. Honestly fuck metal fans. I get why Lenny thinks we're all a bunch of stupid mouth breathers now. :lol:

no one is saying metallica has to reinvent the wheel or prove anything to anyone. metallica should do what they want to do and what they feel instead of doing something they have 0 heart for anymore. metallica has no clue what they want to do and they really havent since the black album. i

as for megadeth. megadeth has had plenty of "sellout" accusations thrown at them. the difference being you never see mustaine go on and bash metal fans and put them down to try and build up cred for whatever direction megadeth decided to go in.

many bands have switched to a different style that was radically different and have done it well and have had careers that have lasted as long or longer than metallica has. the problem with metallica is as a band they really have nowhere to go. they dont have a dynamic singer who can do really anything else(especially now). so right now they are just kind of spinning their tires trying to make the best out of the situation they find themselves in.

And then, instead of fuckin' go in the studio and figure out what the next Metallica album was gonna be, they did Lulu and played fuckin' Antarctica or some bullshit? why?

What a waste of time that was. Now they're still working on the next album. Should have been released already. And they did that movie thing too. Everything BUT what they were suppose to do as a band.

I don't think the problem is Hetfield's voice. It's kinda weak, sure, but in the studio it's still ok imo. Just do something genuine. Whatever it is. But Kirk said a few years ago I think that was: "we're gonna do metal, it's in the name". I hope they want to do metal, cause if not, people with a brain can detect if it's honest or if it's garbage. I'll still give their next album a chance, but my expectations are low, low, low.

And then, instead of fuckin' go in the studio and figure out what the next Metallica album was gonna be, they did Lulu and played fuckin' Antarctica or some bullshit? why?

What a waste of time that was. Now they're still working on the next album. Should have been released already. And they did that movie thing too. Everything BUT what they were suppose to do as a band.

Why you give so attention,every band do that kind of shit,its part of whole music marketing scene.Why they realising reissues of the old albums and why they re-realising some kind of monster,nothing we dont knew already before,its just the way it is.Slayer released their own wine or beer,same maiden,scion did a car for slayer etc.

Lars must fire his self and take another drummer,john dette is a good replacement. :P

Edited by Majestic Beast

Why you give so attention,every band do that kind of shit,its part of whole music marketing scene.Why they realising reissues of the old albums and why they re-realising some kind of monster,nothing we dont knew already before,its just the way it is.Slayer released their own wine or beer,same maiden,scion did a car for slayer etc.

Lars must fire his self and take another drummer,john dette is a good replacement. :P

But it's been 7 fuckin' years since death magnetic came out man. My point was that it could have been done already, but they were too lazy/unfocused.

Edited by Rovim

But it's been 7 fuckin' years since death magnetic came out man. My point was that it could have been done already, but they were too lazy/unfocused.

HAHA. You 'avin a laugh? You post ona forum dedicated to ginger pubes haha!!

The impression I get is the band doesn't care enough to go back into the studio to work on another album. Why record new material that'll just get panned when you can ride off your legacy the rest of your career? Seems like the popular option lately. :lol:

Though they really shouldn't keep the shitstain called Lulu as their last studio album.

The impression I get is the band doesn't care enough to go back into the studio to work on another album. Why record new material that'll just get panned when you can ride off your legacy the rest of your career? Seems like the popular option lately. :lol:

Maybe their disc company and management plans aren't pushing them for new album,so why to harry up? It's not like Axl situation who everyone begging for new material.

Maybe their disc company and management plans aren't pushing them for new album,so why to harry up? It's not like Axl situation who everyone begging for new material.

It's going on over six years, making it their longest break between studio albums yet. It's why Through the Never and Beyond Magnetic were also released probably, to help tide people over during the lazyness.