what was adler involved in that axl alludes to here

Because his drug use and lifestyle were so out of control that even the other junkies in the band couldn't deal with him. Because he had become a useless, dead weight to the band and a complete detriment to everyone's lives. The same road any junkie eventually goes down if they don't get sober before then.

Why do you think he was fired?

Becuase he was only member was outspoken. The only one at that time who would confront Axl when the band like something. Steven was the only one who would dare. That´s the main reason not the drugs since all of them except Izzy were on drugs. There was tension between Axl and Steven pretty much from day one. An example of this is the fact that Adler received a smaller percentage of AFD rights because Axl didn´t think Steven deserved it.

While I'm certainly not a die hard Axl supporter, you seem to be a die hard Axl detractor. I think Steven's situation is well documented and your theory is not at all what happened.

You really think everyone is absolutely afraid of Axl and will succumb to his every whim? Except Steven? Steven is a crackhead on the lowest level. He's a good guy sober, I'm sure. Most crackheads are. But he's a crackhead. Crackheads will steal life saving pills from a dying person just to trade them for crack.

I think you've got some weird Axl thing in your head.

This, there's no more to explain if you know a crackhead.

Because his drug use and lifestyle were so out of control that even the other junkies in the band couldn't deal with him. Because he had become a useless, dead weight to the band and a complete detriment to everyone's lives. The same road any junkie eventually goes down if they don't get sober before then.Why do you think he was fired?

Becuase he was only member was outspoken. The only one at that time who would confront Axl when the band like something. Steven was the only one who would dare. That´s the main reason not the drugs since all of them except Izzy were on drugs. There was tension between Axl and Steven pretty much from day one. An example of this is the fact that Adler received a smaller percentage of AFD rights because Axl didn´t think Steven deserved it.
What fucking planet are you occupying where people's train of thought goes "I don't like this guy because he said no to me. Oh, also he almost killed my wife, but really its the first thing that ticks me off". Seriously, write a book. Then read it back to yourself, again and again, until you realize what you sound like to the rest of the world.

Adler was the only no man Axl ever had. So Axl needed to get rid of him and drugs and the Erin incident was the perfect excuse

What kind of sociopath are you that someone almost killing your wife is an 'excuse' to get them out of your life? I think most people would consider it a, hmm, I don't know.....REASON?

What kind of sociopath are you? Do you realy believe that Adler meant to hurt Erin? Do you really think the reason why Adler was fired was that incident with Erin? :rolleyes:
No, I'm sure the grown man thought he was giving the drug novice one of those really really safe speedballs. That's sarcasm, by the way.

Even if Addled is that retarded that he thinks he did no wrong, so what? Have you ever cared about someone? If someone puts someone you love in danger of death do you sit around making excuses for them or do you get them the fuck away?

And don't just quote things you've heard smart people say back at them in the hope that you too will sound intelligent. It's not working, since you clearly don't understand the words you are using. Believing almost killing a human being is good grounds for no longer associating with a person does not make someone a sociopath. Believing in keeping your loved ones safe from harm doesn't make you a sociopath.

It's fucking sad that I have to explain that to you.

You seriously seem to be suggesting that Axl should have ignored the whole 'almost-killing-his-wife' thing and stuck it out because hey, Adler can both drum to a 12th grade level AND say no (unless the question is 'do you want to shoot heroin'). You're actually acting like almost killing a human being isn't reasonable grounds for dismissal. It's one of the most fucked up disturbing things I've ever seen on here. 'Sure he almost killed her, but he probably didn't mean to'. Seriously? Jesus fucking Christ.

Edited by tomfriend
  • Like 1

I would still like to know what happened with the cancelled tour in 2002??? One of three things the promoter pulled the plug, Axl pulled the plug or a lawsuit or one that was on going an injunction to not use the GNR name and granted by a judge. I lean toward an injunction granted because Axl hardly ever talks about court cases and anytime it has been brought up he says he can't talk about it which makes me think there was a gag order.

This is just me thinking out loud.

Axl pulled a few no shows and to prevent further rioting they pulled the plug...that's my understanding. I don't believe it was outside influences trying to shut axl down, I think he flushed it down the can all by himself.
For the uninitiated Axl played to half-empty arenas across America in his hockey jerseys, then went out clubbing in NYC after what was a triumphant gig and the crowning moment of the come-back tour, only to be turned away from a manhattan nightclub because he was wearing fur. Were they fucking serious, this is Axl Rose?! Yes they were apparently, and it did not go down well at all. He stormed off in a rage, and then never showed up in Philly. Riot ensued.

Was this story every verified by another witness? It's one of my absolute faves!

The guy was fucked up on drugs to the point 1991 Guns N'Roses thought it was a bit much and it's not like he's done anything since then to suggest they were over-reacting.

As for what Axl's talking about, a guy with Adler's IQ, money and drug problems could easily have gotten into a dangerous crowd.

Edited by Modano09
  • Like 1

Adler was the only no man Axl ever had. So Axl needed to get rid of him and drugs and the Erin incident was the perfect excuse

The problem with that hypothesis is that many people - Slash, Duff, Tom Zutaut, I think even Marc Canter - have corroborated the claim that Steven was too much of a drug addict to play. They've all said that it wasn't the fact that he TOOK drugs that was the issue; it was that he took them to the point where he couldn't do his job. They have absolutely no reason to lie or to back Axl up for the hell of it, especially now. The bottom line is that three out of four band members who worked with Steven, plus the record company exec, plus the band's good friend, have all said he was too drugged out to play. Steven can play the blame game and pretend he was the victim here, but his bandmates say that his own drug abuse got him fired.

Edited by stella

Because his drug use and lifestyle were so out of control that even the other junkies in the band couldn't deal with him. Because he had become a useless, dead weight to the band and a complete detriment to everyone's lives. The same road any junkie eventually goes down if they don't get sober before then.

I don't think so...

Slash brought Steven to the band.... years later Axl was the only one who showed up at the hospital when Steven was in because of some shit....other members didn't care about him at all

• Like 2

Um no. It was his two best friends Slash and Duff that wanted him gone because he was fucking around too much, not functioning and couldn't play the songs because of his habit (says a lot when he couldn't play something as simple as Always On The Run). Axl was the last one to sign off on booting Steven. Slash,Duff and Izzy had already made up their minds.

What kind of sociopath are you that someone almost killing your wife is an 'excuse' to get them out of your life? I think most people would consider it a, hmm, I don't know.....REASON?

I don't know the details of this story between Adler and Erin but what happened? Can someone please shed some light? Did he shoot up Erin with speedball without her consent?

I don't know the details of this story between Adler and Erin but what happened? Can someone please shed some light? Did he shoot up Erin with speedball without her consent?
Consent has fuck all to do with it. If I, as an experienced drinker, go to a girl who has never drank before with a bottle of absinthe, I'm being a stupid heartless cunt regardless of whether or not she says 'sure, I'll have a drink'. Get a fucking clue.

By the way I realize I'm probably coming off as an aggressive dick in this thread. Just feel strongly about this kind of shit.

Edited by tomfriend

Consent has fuck all to do with it. If I, as an experienced drinker, go to a girl who has never drank before with a bottle of absinthe, I'm being a stupid heartless cunt regardless of whether or not she says 'sure, I'll have a drink'. Get a fucking clue.

By the way I realize I'm probably coming off as an aggressive dick in this thread. Just feel strongly about this kind of shit.

...the fuck?

You're not answering my question, though.

That's Steven's version from his book. Andy is Andy McCoy and "Laura" is his wife Angela.

Andy and I were jamming in the shed when we heard a pounding at the door. I opened it, and there was Laura with Axl’s fiancée, Erin Everly.

Erin was completely out of it and could barely stand up. I asked, “What the fuck is she on?”

Laura said, “Nothing. She and Axl had a fight. Can you give her something?”

“What? I ain’t giving her shit,” I yelled, and grabbed Erin, who was swaying back and forth, eyes closed. “Erin, are you okay? You better—”

Laura interrupted. “C’mon, Steven, just give her something.”

“What is she on? What did you give her?” I yelled at Laura.

She said, “Steven, she and Axl went at it, so I gave her some Valium.”

I screamed, “What the fuck is wrong with you?” Erin could barely stand so I carried her into my bedroom and set her down. “Erin, are you okay?”

Her eyes opened slightly. “Axl and I had a fight.”

Laura came in. “Steven, chill. I just gave her a few pills,” she repeated, not the least bit concerned.

“How many?” I yelled.

Erin was starting to go out and I panicked. I wasn’t taking any chances with this. I called an ambulance and tried not to freak the fuck out. I did not need to be involved in this situation. She was Axl’s bride-to-be for chrissakes. The paramedics arrived, checked her vitals, and told me they would have to induce vomiting. Before they whisked her away, they assured me that her pulse was strong and she would probably be okay.

Later I discovered that Erin already had heroin in her system. When questioned, they said that I was the one who had given it to her. Axl called and threatened me: “I’m coming over there and I’m going to fucking kill you!”

I yelled, “I didn’t give her shit.”

“Bullshit!” he said.

I was livid and screamed back, “I didn’t. Fuck you!” I hung up the phone.

My heart raced, and I truly believed that Axl was furious enough to want to kill me. I began to fear for Cheryl’s and my well-being, so we rounded up the dogs and took off for Palm Springs. Axl told the press that I shot Erin up, and no one had any reason to believe otherwise. Not that it could do any more damage, but the guys in the band thought I was an even bigger asshole than before.

I would never shoot heroin, or any drug, into Erin. I always adored her, and probably helped to save her life that day, but it didn’t mean shit. I couldn’t fucking stand it. I was completely miserable and my existence became even more unbearable, if that was possible.

I would still like to know what happened with the cancelled tour in 2002??? One of three things the promoter pulled the plug, Axl pulled the plug or a lawsuit or one that was on going an injunction to not use the GNR name and granted by a judge. I lean toward an injunction granted because Axl hardly ever talks about court cases and anytime it has been brought up he says he can't talk about it which makes me think there was a gag order.

Axl pulled a few no shows and to prevent further rioting they pulled the plug...that's my understanding. I don't believe it was outside influences trying to shut axl down, I think he flushed it down the can all by himself.
Isn't there a story Axl tried to get into a Manson after party in fur coat and they told him no fur. So he went back to hotel and piled all furniture against the door and said he wasn't going to next show?

Isn't there a story Axl tried to get into a Manson after party in fur coat and they told him no fur. So he went back to hotel and piled all furniture against the door and said he wasn't going to next show?

.......wow. I'd also heard that he was just sitting in his hotel room watching a basketball game on TV when he was supposed to be playing in Philly...there are so many rumors about that no-show. I would love to know the truth.

.......wow. I'd also heard that he was just sitting in his hotel room watching a basketball game on TV when he was supposed to be playing in Philly...there are so many rumors about that no-show. I would love to know the truth.

I think the basketball game he said he wasn't. But I wish that was true. I'm not sure about the fur coat story either. i guess the riot ended the tour as some venues must have said no way?

I think the basketball game he said he wasn't. But I wish that was true. I'm not sure about the fur coat story either. i guess the riot ended the tour as some venues must have said no way?

That would make sense, but on the other hand, if there was a riot because Axl didn't show up, maybe they'd WANT him to be there? Both scenarios - wanting him there and NOT wanting him there - would make sense. It's just so bizarre to me that Axl would go to all that effort to stage a comeback and then totally throw it away like that by failing to show up...and then disappearing for another four years. One can't begin to understand his motivations at times.

Guns N' Roses was banned from Philadelphia for a while after that, from what I've heard, as well...

I would still like to know what happened with the cancelled tour in 2002??? One of three things the promoter pulled the plug, Axl pulled the plug or a lawsuit or one that was on going an injunction to not use the GNR name and granted by a judge. I lean toward an injunction granted because Axl hardly ever talks about court cases and anytime it has been brought up he says he can't talk about it which makes me think there was a gag order. This is just me thinking out loud.

That would make sense, but on the other hand, if there was a riot because Axl didn't show up, maybe they'd WANT him to be there? Both scenarios - wanting him there and NOT wanting him there - would make sense. It's just so bizarre to me that Axl would go to all that effort to stage a comeback and then totally throw it away like that by failing to show up...and then disappearing for another four years. One can't begin to understand his motivations at times. Guns N' Roses was banned from Philadelphia for a while after that, from what I've heard, as well...
Mental illness, depression, anxiety etc. need no motivation. Not saying one of these was the case, but certainly possible. Edited by tomfriend