The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

16 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

For being a bunch of drunks, the state of Wisconsin makes some pretty bad beer.

I picked up Lost Lake. It tasted like spoiled apple juice. 

Boxer Light was a college favorite. $14.99 for 36 cans. Sounds good in theory, but it's okay not to be economical with beer. 

Wisconsin is good at cheese? There's a brand here from Wisconsin, I said good but's cheap pepper jack. The parmesan is cheap too. 

9 minutes ago, wasted said:

Wisconsin is good at cheese? There's a brand here from Wisconsin, I said good but's cheap pepper jack. The parmesan is cheap too. 

Wisconsin is known as "The Dairy State". California may have technically surpassed Wisconsin though, as so have others.

But yeah, there are cheese shops at a few corners and it is also why Packer fans wear blocks of cheese on their heads. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

oh i forgot, we bought a pony keg of St.Pauli Girl that was really good! <<< beer snob :P

I dont know that beer, so I dont know if you're joking or not?

I know the despite the fact I'm drinking a gross two ingredient home-brew of foraged weeds and the cheapest malt available, I'm managing to come across as a beer snob :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soon said:

I dont know that beer, so I dont know if you're joking or not?

I know the despite the fact I'm drinking a gross two ingredient home-brew of foraged weeds and the cheapest malt available, I'm managing to come across as a beer snob :lol:

it's an import and it's good from the bottle but oh that pony keg was killer! :drool:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arnold layne said:

You would rather drink Milwaukee's Best over Keystone?

Ever have Keystone Ice?

I was in the Dominican Republic a few years ago and it surprised me how much the locals drink it. It's as commercial as Bud Light. 

My old roomy and I used to kill 2 sixers of tall boys of Keystone Ice, EACH, during our heyday. Much later on down the line, I thought to myself, I have 4 dollars and want to get drunk," so I bought a sixer of Keystone Ice. It tasted like actual poison. Though I can't say Milwaukee's Beast is any better. (Shudders)

3 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

it's an import and it's good from the bottle but oh that pony keg was killer! :drool:

St Pauli is wonderful.

Heineken can suck a bag of cocks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arnold layne said:

Wisconsin is known as "The Dairy State". California may have technically surpassed Wisconsin though, as so have others.

But yeah, there are cheese shops at a few corners and it is also why Packer fans wear blocks of cheese on their heads. 

I used to follow the Packers in the Marino era. I don't remember any players though but I eat cheese too much. Cheese and beer is my go to breakfast. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

have you ever had the cheese in a jar? or Velveeta cheese? there are some pretty messed up cheeses out there :P 

like nacho cheese in a jar?

2 hours ago, arnold layne said:

I feel like this is the perfect time to bring up beer cheese soup and beer battered bratwurst. 

Both are awesome. 

Beer cheese soup is so incredible!  Have not had the pleasure of a beer battered bratwurst though.  I must!  The does sound awesome!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, soon said:

like nacho cheese in a jar?

Beer cheese soup is so incredible!  Have not had the pleasure of a beer battered bratwurst though.  I must!  The does sound awesome!

i guess they have nacho flavor. my dad used to eat just the plain kind on Ritz's crackers! :P

i used to use Velveeta cheese in this salad ( Southern of course ) called kidney bean salad. i found out that real cheese is better ( Velveeta is a cheese product! )

16 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i guess they have nacho flavor. my dad used to eat just the plain kind on Ritz's crackers! :P

i used to use Velveeta cheese in this salad ( Southern of course ) called kidney bean salad. i found out that real cheese is better ( Velveeta is a cheese product! )

Oh , right, my folks use cheese wiz to make grilled cheese. Its in a jar too.  I dont get why - the melty cheese is on of the few aspects that make grilled cheese awesome.  And there is no cheese in cheese wiz.

I love processed cheese slices / american cheese. No cheese in those either! 

I found a recipe that not only has no unpronounceable ingredients but includes gelatin and melts perfect.  Ive made this a bunch.  In recipes it works just like processed cheese products.  So healthy though!  

1½ teaspoons unflavored gelatin

1 tablespoon water

12 ounces Colby cheese, shredded fine (about 3 cups)

1 tablespoon whole dry milk powder

1 teaspoon salt

⅛ teaspoon cream of tartar

½ cup + 2 tablespoons whole milk

http://www.browneyedbaker.com/diy-american-cheese/

Oh, right; this is booze thread!  Um... its easy to make drunk and tastes good with beer and a grilled cheese cures a hang over!

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, soon said:

Oh , right, my folks use cheese wiz to make grilled cheese. Its in a jar too.  I dont get why - the melty cheese is on of the few aspects that make grilled cheese awesome.  And there is no cheese in cheese wiz.

I love processed cheese slices / american cheese. No cheese in those either! 

I found a recipe that not only has no unpronounceable ingredients but includes gelatin and melts perfect.  Ive made this a bunch.  In recipes it works just like processed cheese products.  So healthy though!  

1½ teaspoons unflavored gelatin

1 tablespoon water

12 ounces Colby cheese, shredded fine (about 3 cups)

1 tablespoon whole dry milk powder

1 teaspoon salt

⅛ teaspoon cream of tartar

½ cup + 2 tablespoons whole milk

http://www.browneyedbaker.com/diy-american-cheese/

Oh, right; this is beer thread!  Um... its easy to make drunk and tastes good with beer and a grilled cheese cures a hang over!

i never knew that grilled cheese cures a hangover! but it makes sense, i know a nice greasy cheeseburger works as well!

i grew up on those processed cheese slices :)  this probably sounds like the strangest Christmas breakfast ever but i make those biscuit egg bacon cheese sandwiches like they have at McDonald's :P

that bread sounds yummy :drool:

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i never knew that grilled cheese cures a hangover! but it makes sense, i know a nice greasy cheeseburger works as well!

i grew up on those processed cheese slices :)  this probably sounds like the strangest Christmas breakfast ever but i make those biscuit egg bacon cheese sandwiches like they have at McDonald's :P

that bread sounds yummy :drool:

I have a McMuffin sandwich maker gadget, so every morning is christmas morning here!  I use my homemade processed cheese on it.  

Pairs perfectly with a caesar or bloody marry.  The only appropriate morning drinks that arent bougie

• Like 1

Just now, soon said:

I have a McMuffin sandwich maker gadget, so every morning is christmas morning here!  I use my homemade processed cheese on it.  

Pairs perfectly with a caesar or bloody marry.  The only appropriate morning drinks that arent bougie

what is bougie? i make these drinks with OJ concentrate, half and half, cream soda, vodka and ice that i whip up in the blender. like Orange Julius with a kick :P

i want a McMuffin sandwich maker! :D

• Like 1

I've got a sandwich maker you probably aren't surprised. But I realised that frying the bread like in The Devil wears Prada is classier. That what Vinny Chase does. I got 2-for-1 brie so I've been frying that with strawberry jam for breakfast. It goes well with a glass of cava. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

what is bougie? i make these drinks with OJ concentrate, half and half, cream soda, vodka and ice that i whip up in the blender. like Orange Julius with a kick :P

i want a McMuffin sandwich maker! :D

bougie = bourgeois 

That drink sounds delicious and perfectly suited breakfast with a kick!  Not bougie what so ever:headbang:

I found the sandwich maker at thrift store!  Definitely recomend it.  Just like at mcdonalds

• Like 1