Led Zeppelin

dalsh327

I used to play In My Time of Dying every week on the jukebox in a pub I frequented, this went on for about three months, they skipped it one week, so I picked it again, they skipped it the next week then they removed it from the jukebox, now I just play Stairway or Trampled Under Foot, STH is only five minutes shorter but they've never skipped that.

Loved LZ's albums but live they never played a lot of good songs.

The guitar solo went on forever as did the drum solo.

I saw them back in 1973 and although they sounded amazing, I felt they could have performed more songs on their albums then they did at the time.

Robert Plant looked totally hot!

• Like 1

In Through the Out Door had some really good songs like In the Evening, Fool in the Rain, All My Love and I'm Gonna Crawl. South Bouth Suarez and Carouselambra were ok. Hot Dog was silly.

I don't mind a silly song here or there on an album.

I'm very partial to In Through The Out Door myself, I think Carouselambra is a monster...I guess the keys are dated but that don't bother me.

On a whole, I think In Through The Out Door is a great record. Granted, I do think it benefits from being their final one (as a living band) and it clearly shows that they were running out of ideas. Maybe they could have continued being great, but In Through The Out Door is a fine record but not a great Zeppelin one. Listen to that and its not even reminiscent of the band that made Physical Graffiti just a few years earlier IMO.

However, it is a pretty great record when viewed on its own. In The Evening is a fine rocker, South Bound Saurez and Fool In The Rain are nice detours, Hot Dog is harmless and pretty catchy. I'm Gonna Crawl isn't an amazing song, but IMO the hidden gem on the album that always gets forgotten, and All My Love is fine for what it is. The only real clunker on the album for me is Carouselambra, which is just truly unlistenable IMO and thats never changed. Overall though, I think the album is a major step up from Presence, which is far and away my least favorite Zep album with the brilliant Achilles and Nobody's Fault saving that from total awfulness.

Well, I'll always defend Presence since I love it. It's not just about Achilles and NFBM for me. I love For Your Life, Royal Orleans, Tea For One, etc. Hot Dog is silly and it sucks. But Presence has the silly songs that work well on the actual record, like Candy Store Rock. Even though I like ITTOD, it doesn't feel like a true Zeppelin record for me. It's all over the place. Some great songs, but terribly inconsistent.

• Like 1

It's a shame Carouselambra gets so much hatred, when it's probably one of Plant's most ambitious efforts as a lyricist.

Problem is that Plant's vocals are drowned in the mix so you can't hear anything.

I think Tea for One is a great song, even though it sounds similar to Since I've Been Loving You.

Love INTOD

They're my favorite band, but honestly, there isn't a single song I actively dislike. Can't say the same for GNR or the Stones

How do you feel about Coda? There were some songs on there I couldn't believe they left out.

I think its great, lots of awesome tunes

Well, I'll always defend Presence since I love it. It's not just about Achilles and NFBM for me. I love For Your Life, Royal Orleans, Tea For One, etc. Hot Dog is silly and it sucks. But Presence has the silly songs that work well on the actual record, like Candy Store Rock. Even though I like ITTOD, it doesn't feel like a true Zeppelin record for me. It's all over the place. Some great songs, but terribly inconsistent.

im partial to presence as well since my dad loved it and used to play it all the time as a kid.

I don't listen to Presence as much as the other albums. I think it is a sharp contrast to previous albums. It was heavier, lacked acoustic songs and it was the last album where Jimmy Page was the dominant force. His presence (no pun intended) on ITTOD was felt less, but it is what he didn't do is what made some of those songs so great. He came in at the right time. Listen to his break for In The Evening, how that guitar just slams in there. Fool in the Rain it was some low tone jazzy solo. Not to mention the acoustics in Fool and All My Love.

There were fine albums, I say.

• Like 1

It's a shame Carouselambra gets so much hatred, when it's probably one of Plant's most ambitious efforts as a lyricist.

Problem is that Plant's vocals are drowned in the mix so you can't hear anything.

But if you read the lyrics, you kinda go "I think Percy just leveled up".

• Like 1

True, I usually have to look up lyrics to understand what the singer is saying. I often wonder what the band would have sounded like if Bonham didn't die. They might have broken up anyway, the final album showing the band drifting apart. Page had to kick his heroin habit. Plant needed to branch out into a pop star career, which is worth listening to.

True, I usually have to look up lyrics to understand what the singer is saying. I often wonder what the band would have sounded like if Bonham didn't die. They might have broken up anyway, the final album showing the band drifting apart. Page had to kick his heroin habit. Plant needed to branch out into a pop star career, which is worth listening to.

I can't really stomach anything before Now and Zen, but I really ended up liking Fate Of Nations just before the Unledded era.

On a whole, I think In Through The Out Door is a great record. Granted, I do think it benefits from being their final one (as a living band) and it clearly shows that they were running out of ideas. Maybe they could have continued being great, but In Through The Out Door is a fine record but not a great Zeppelin one. Listen to that and its not even reminiscent of the band that made Physical Graffiti just a few years earlier IMO.

However, it is a pretty great record when viewed on its own. In The Evening is a fine rocker, South Bound Saurez and Fool In The Rain are nice detours, Hot Dog is harmless and pretty catchy. I'm Gonna Crawl isn't an amazing song, but IMO the hidden gem on the album that always gets forgotten, and All My Love is fine for what it is. The only real clunker on the album for me is Carouselambra, which is just truly unlistenable IMO and thats never changed. Overall though, I think the album is a major step up from Presence, which is far and away my least favorite Zep album with the brilliant Achilles and Nobody's Fault saving that from total awfulness.

These probably would have been Led Zeppelin songs along with Wearing and Tearing.