Rock Author MICK WALL Issues Challenge To AXL ROSE

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rock-author-mick-wall-issues-challenge-to-axl-rose/

Renowned biographer Mick Wall, journalist for many music publications since the 1980s and the author of acclaimed biographies of LED ZEPPELIN, BLACK SABBATH, METALLICA, AC/DC and THE DOORS, among other bands, has issued an open invitation to GUNS N' ROSES singer Axl Rose to a sit-down to address the feud that has existed between them since the early 1990s, when Rose famously mentioned Wall in the song "Get In The Ring".

In his new book, "Getcha Rocks Off", Wall recounts how Rose turned on him after a series of interviews in Los Angeles, threatening to kill him if he published a biography of GUNS N' ROSES. The two men have not spoken since then.

Wall writes: "If you're reading this, Axl — and I know you read almost everything written about you — what would really work too would be if we got together and did a Frost-Nixon and spent a few days filming a proper 'Get In The Ring'-style interview. Not in any real combative sense, though there would be that about it too, if you insisted. But something for the people to really enjoy and think about it. Something like an actual conversation between old friends/foes now old enough to supposedly know better. Come on, we've both lost our hair, we just have different ways of dealing with it."

"Getcha Rocks Off", published on June 18 by Orion Books, contains many tales from Wall's early career as a writer for Kerrang! magazine, including encounters with many of the greatest names in rock and metal.

Having spent decades living the rock star lifestyle with megastar bands such as LED ZEPPELIN, GUNS N' ROSES and BLACK SABBATH, Mick Wall has some incredible stories to tell. This is the ultimate rock 'n' roll memoir, in which Mick gives an honest and thrilling insight into what life was really like on the road in rock's heyday in the '80s.

"Getcha Rocks Off" is a rock apocalypse "Cider With Roadies"; a more frank and disturbing "Apathy For The Devil". This is a whirlwind trip through hard drugs, hot women and some of the heaviest people your mother definitely would not like. Mick depicts a world where distant concepts like "the future" are hidden beneath the blur of nights that last a week and weeks that last forever.

From Mick's early beginnings as a music journalist, through his days at Kerrang!, Sky TV, Capital Radio, Virgin Records and Classic Rock, "Getcha Rocks Off"W. Axl Rose, Jimmy Page, Ozzy Osbourne, Phil Lynott, Lemmy, Slash, Keith Richards and many more.

I highly doubt Axl will do anything but ignore this shit. Axl doesn't like to give interviews without some type of control and reviewing of all the questions beforehand.

And he'll certainly won't sit down with who he probably considers an enemy.

Edited by Rovim

As critical and disappointed as I am regarding New Guns, i'm still in Axl's corner over shit like this. This hack cunt's biggest claim to fame is a spat with Axl decades ago and it's the best thing he's got to generate some buzz and make some cash so he shamelessly makes a crack about Axl's hair. The shithead considers himself a journalist. Is this how journalism works? Fucking prick needs a good hard slap in the mush.

• Like 4

And actually, i'd always thought in the past that Wall's account of their falling out must be true and that Axl got shitty because Wall printed things Axl regretted saying and got shitty about it having already given the green light. But then even some of Axl's harshest critics and 'enemies' have often said over the years that the one thing you get with Axl is the truth: he hates liars and is honest to a fault.

I've seen Mick Wall be a slimy, disingenuous, self-important cock enough times over the years to think that the situation was at least 50/50 if not him just being full of shit.

That Mick Wall is still trading off that old spat with Axl tells you all you need to know about his new book. Now! it would be interesting to see such an interview, but I can't see it happening.

I know what it sounds like for a gnr fan to say that this is a blatant publicity stunt, but that's all this is.

my question is: why now?

Wall is laughable as much as Axl

brw i think Axl was right in the early 90's to call Wall out on his bullshit

i enjoy reading mick wall's books, he's great.

Sup, Mick?

But something for the people to really enjoy and think about it.

i would rather have new music from Axl

Who the fuck even cares their feud, besides Mick Wall at this point?

I like the content of his books and his access to these rock stars. He does come off like he thinks he's better than all these bands. It's a bit of an ego battle, maybe it's just to feel closer to the bands I don't know.