Dexter

Eric Cantona

No.

I used to love Dexter but the last series spoiled the whole show for me. Utterly dreadful final season of what was once the best thing on television.

I tell most people who ask about it to stop with the end of Season 4.

Season 4 was the best. Season 5 and 6 were meh, but they picked it up by series 7, with Debra finding out about who her brother really was and the series finale where she shot LaGuerta.

And then season 8 happened and it was like it was written by an entirely different bunch of people. Pointless storylines, introducing new characters nobody cares about (Dr Evelyn Vogel), bringing back that blonde bitch who tried to poison Debra in season 7. Someone obviously had a boner for her, because she was crap in season 7 and there was no plausible reason to bring her back in season 8. And Dexter just became really unlikeable towards the end, despite having really rooted for him from seasons 1-7. And don't even get me started on the pathetic final two episodes. No climax, no tension, no big reveal. The last three or four episodes of the whole show is where he should've been exposed to everyone for who he really was. He should've been arrested, tried and Debra made to watch her brother given the electric chair. Then there would've been some kind of poetic justice to the whole thing and it would have been the perfect tragic end for a nice-guy serial killer like Dexter.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 2

No climax, no tension, no big reveal. The last three or four episodes of the whole show is where he should've been exposed to everyone for who he really was. ....

He should've been arrested, tried and Debra made to watch her brother given the electric chair. Then there would've been some kind of poetic justice to the whole thing and it would have been the perfect tragic end for a nice-guy serial killer like Dexter.

I can see a career for you in this :lol:

Edited by Ender04
  • Like 1

No.

I used to love Dexter but the last series spoiled the whole show for me. Utterly dreadful final season of what was once the best thing on television.

I tell most people who ask about it to stop with the end of Season 4.

I tell people to stop after Season 5, because that one at least doesn't end on a cliffhanger or anything and has a decent monologue at the end.

But yeah, first four seasons are great, after that it just declines in quality and don't even get me started on the ending.

Watched Dexter from the beginning on SHO. Wasn't crazy about the ending, but it did leave things open to continue if they chose to.

Loved Dexter when he was unattached and didn't care about feelings. Once he got involved with Rita he became unfocused. then when she was killed, he met someone like him and the old Dexter was back. then he started to care again and got Deb killed.

Anyway, the show was better when Dexter was unfeeling and killed the criminals who deserved it and got away with it.

Watched Dexter from the beginning on SHO. Wasn't crazy about the ending, but it did leave things open to continue if they chose to.

Loved Dexter when he was unattached and didn't care about feelings. Once he got involved with Rita he became unfocused. then when she was killed, he met someone like him and the old Dexter was back. then he started to care again and got Deb killed.

Anyway, the show was better when Dexter was unfeeling and killed the criminals who deserved it and got away with it.

Stop at Season 2 otherwise you'll hate yourself more and more with each additional episode.

I'm with these 2. I watched all 8 seasons but would've stopped watching after the 4th if it didn't end the way it did. I really disliked the emotional loving Dexter. I'll rewatch it some time but only the first 2 seasons. Can't believe I stuck around for so long and so much meh.

Jeff Lindsay released the final Dexter book over the summer. It's a whole other storyline though.

I think we'll see Dexter return based on some things Michael said. He was the executive producer and has rights to the story, so it's also financial gain behind bringing it back (Daniel Craig just gets a check for James Bond but doesn't have ownership and syndication rights). He doesn't have to deal with a real life ex anymore. I think he'll let Harrison (probably not the same kid) age a few years and figure out what direction to take it in, or just do conventions.

Possibly more backstory with Hall narrating, but they were already doing that with the webisodes and through the series. I don't see that happening.

We really don't know where Dexter's head is at by the end of the series. He could have it under control and just wants to deal with what happened for a while, or he's got zero conscience about being a serial killer and lurking around in truck stops.

I'm more likely to watch Breaking Bad again than Dexter, maybe after Better Call Saul ends.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Rumors have been circulating for a few months now of either another season or a possible mini-series.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2715641/dexter-returns-to-showtime-gary-levine-confirms-the-dexter-reboot-axes-dexter-spinoff/

http://en.mediamass.net/culture/dexter/reunion.html

Michael Hall initially said "no" to the question....but later said "anything is possible" back in April if this year.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3043017/is-dexter-returning-michael-c-hall-addresses-the-rumors-of-reboot-video/

So what are your thought on a possible Dexter "return"?

And if they do anything of the sort, do they pick it up from the end of season 8 and have Dexter come back as a lumberjack or do they make parts of that last episode some sort of "dream sequence" (which as outlandish as it was, wouldn't be all that surprising) and come out with a alternate ending? 

Edited by Kasanova King

• 2 weeks later...

*SPOILERS*

i just want to know who Yvonne Strahovski was sleeping with that she ended up not only paying for her crimes but ending up with Dexter's kid in the end?? first they kill off Rita who was a good sweet person. then they kill off Deb?? and this Hannah gets off scot free?? BS. i am not one who usually reads fan fiction but i did read some in this case and they had much better writing than the pros who wrote Dexter IMO!

No. It has more bad seasons than good, and the good ones just feel more and more cheesy as time goes on. Maybe the whole show is tainted by the terrible train wreck the show dissolves into after S4. (Season 3 was fucking terrible too, a brief hint at what was to come).

I just am not at all interested in those characters or that universe anymore.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2015 at 0:02 PM, Towelie said:

And then season 8 happened and it was like it was written by an entirely different bunch of people. Pointless storylines, introducing new characters nobody cares about (Dr Evelyn Vogel), bringing back that blonde bitch who tried to poison Debra in season 7. Someone obviously had a boner for her, because she was crap in season 7 and there was no plausible reason to bring her back in season 8.

oh yes! i totally agree. i didn't even watch the last season i just read what happened online. it made me sooooo effing mad!