06/26/16 - Washington D.C - Fedex Field

downzy

12 minutes ago, Loseyourillusions98 said:

Most people dont care if he uses rasp or not, people just want the band and axl to sound good and as of right now, axl still sounds like absolute shit in SCOM and November rain....axl's nasally and weak voice for those 2 songs doesnt equate to anything near the studio versions regardless of not using rasp for both. It's quite obvious after watching the acdc shows, he is 100% capable of sounding great it just pisses a lot of us off when he resorts to the nasally falsetto in a lot gnr songs.

Yea but if he sang the entire show full UYI rasp he would surely blow out his voice requiring major surgery. Ending the tour and possibly his career. Why he was able to do it with ACDC I don't know. It was only a few shows? ACDC songs are slower, less words to sing and more time to breathe who knows?

:facepalm:

AC/DC doesn't have any song like SCOM or Better or November Rain. How can you compare two things that are totally opposite? :shrugs:

And I think singing everything with rasp, stuff like BiB, Hell's Bells, Thunderstruck, all of that is fast paced, raspy to hell, how can it not be a challenge?

• Like 1

Just now, killuridols said:

:facepalm:

AC/DC doesn't have any song like SCOM or Better or November Rain. How can you compare two things that are totally opposite? :shrugs:

And I think singing everything with rasp, stuff like BiB, Hell's Bells, Thunderstruck, all of that is fast paced, raspy to hell, how can it not be a challenge?

It's easier to sing those, due to lack of pitch changes and high notes.  Certainly challenging but less so.

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

It's easier to sing those, due to lack of pitch changes and high notes.  Certainly challenging but less so.

I don't think I could impersonate a barking dog for 2 hours with little breaks in between. It is a challenge for your bleeding throat! :rofl-lol:

Well I think the thing is that Axl's voice has changed, but not so much regarding the highest notes. He still take most of the highest notes and can do it with rasp as well. But when comes to the highest notes in his mid range register, things is much harder for Axl nowadays. So in songs where he's supposed to go from the lowest mid range tones, to the highest (where he really has to struggle), yeah then it sometimes sounds bad until he reach his falsetto tones. 

I think that's the reason why it was relatively easy for him to sing the Brian-era songs. But harder to sing some of the Bon-era songs, even if the later has lower tones. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gerbos said:

Well I think the thing is that Axl's voice has changed, but not so much regarding the highest notes. He still take most of the highest notes and can do it with rasp as well. But when comes to the highest notes in his mid range register, things is much harder for Axl nowadays. So in songs where he's supposed to go from the lowest mid range tones, to the highest (where he really has to struggle), yeah then it sometimes sounds bad until he reach his falsetto tones. 

I think that's the reason why it was relatively easy for him to sing the Brian-era songs. But harder to sing some of the Bon-era songs, even if the later has lower tones. 

i loved Axl on both the Brian and the Bon songs. i think he sounded like he may...just MAY have strained his voice a little. that's what i think anyway :)

1 hour ago, Kasanova King said:

Well, for starters his voice shouldnt be raspy on SCOM because the song HAS NO RASP IN IT TO BEGIN WITH.  And pretty much the same thing with November Rain.

so he shouldn't sound like this 

or this

Id take those two over what he is doing now wiht his weak mickey voice

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lassie said:

How could she look so fine
How could it be she might be mine
How could she be so cool
I've been taken for a fool
So many times :headbang:

They MUST play this song! :headbang:

I also wonder what shall we do to make them play Dead Horse and Perfect Crime :max:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i loved Axl on both the Brian and the Bon songs. i think he sounded like he may...just MAY have strained his voice a little. that's what i think anyway :)

Yeah, I did too actually! He was amazing! But I think that he sounded a bit "safer" on the Brian songs.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, lpgnr said:

It's not that we were allowed to move down ... We had to move down. They made us exchange our 400 level tickets for 300 level ones. We had no choice, as they closed off the entire upper level. It was quite a clusterfuck, as no one knew this until we got to the top level and found a massive line waiting for us to swap out the tickets. 

My apologies, had to move down.  Seems like a good deal to me either way.  And it visually looked better then having empty seats scattered in the second and third levels.

1 hour ago, Loseyourillusions98 said:

Most people dont care if he uses rasp or not, people just want the band and axl to sound good and as of right now, axl still sounds like absolute shit in SCOM and November rain....axl's nasally and weak voice for those 2 songs doesnt equate to anything near the studio versions regardless of not using rasp for both. It's quite obvious after watching the acdc shows, he is 100% capable of sounding great it just pisses a lot of us off when he resorts to the nasally falsetto in a lot gnr songs.

Is it that hard to understand that he is great on AC/DC songs because almost all of them are full rasp and those songs fit his voice right now? He completly lost his mid range and can't sing anyithing perfectly that isn't full rasp he is shit on NR and SCOM because he needs clean voice which he don't have anymore.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

Biggest difference is head voice vs chest voice. Axl can get more power by using his chest voice to project louder where as his head voice is lacking power and comes off as weak.

ACDC is almost all chest, while GNR uses a mix depending on the song 

isnt it possible to sing GNR with chest voice ?