06/26/16 - Washington D.C - Fedex Field

downzy

I thought Axl sounded pretty good at this show, better than at Detroit. Not as good as 2010, or Axl/DC, but still pretty good. Songs such as RQ and he second half of Estranged have improved by leaps and bounds. Some songs such as SCOM remain weak in terms of performance, but shit, I wonder how it must feel for Axl to sing that - even I'm fed up with listening to it. Some GNR songs have been around for so much time, and have been played so many times, they are almost imprinted in half the world's minds. I'd say Axl does a somewhat commendable job at seeming to be excited for those. 

I was a bit bummed after Detroit, but thougt about it it is really time for us to accept it. It's been 6 years since Axl last blew through a GNR concert with his signature voice, it won't happen again. If it were to happen at some point, it would be now, but it didn't happen. That voice is actually gone, as in, it does not exist anymore. Even when Axl brings what people call rasp, such as in WTTJ or Nightrain, it is not that voice, it is different. It is what it is.

I guess we should be thankful that he remains such a tremendously capable singer. Considering 2011 and the past few years, Axl's ressurgence is really mythical, a thing to behold. He is really belting it out, even if without rasp at times. He is dressing like his former self, dancing like his former self, and at times sounding like his former self. All that with Slash and Duff by his side. A couple years ago it seemed like Axl was a goner, his voice thin and shot. He is back.

If rasp is exclusively your thing, Axl/DC part 2 is right around the corner. Imo, Axl singing Thunderstruck is one of the strongests, chill inducing, destructive and amazing combinations in RnR history in the past 20 years. So now we also got that to look forward to.

Banshee-style rock singers never last forever, they always fade, most of them earlier and faster than Axl. At 54, Axl obviously has started to fade, but as of 2016 he is doing that very gracefully and with lots of dignity, dishing out ridiculous amounts of awesomeness in the process. We should enjoy it for as much as it lasts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Except I'm not the only one with this complaint.  There's a whole thread on the song (that I didn't start).  The rest has already been said, so you're just regurgitating what someone smarter than you has already said, trust me.  

As I said you are a nobody with an opinion, which you are entitled to but you came across as a complete moron with your non sense about Axl needing to learn to play his own song because he didn't blow his whistle when you thought he should have. There are quite a few songs that I am sure many members on this board are not happy with In regards to the way they are being performed Including myself, but that's the way It goes.

37 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

I thought Axl sounded pretty good at this show, better than at Detroit. Not as good as 2010, or Axl/DC, but still pretty good. Songs such as RQ and he second half of Estranged have improved by leaps and bounds. Some songs such as SCOM remain weak in terms of performance, but shit, I wonder how it must feel for Axl to sing that - even I'm fed up with listening to it. Some GNR songs have been around for so much time, and have been played so many times, they are almost imprinted in half the world's minds. I'd say Axl does a somewhat commendable job at seeming to be excited for those. 

I was a bit bummed after Detroit, but thougt about it it is really time for us to accept it. It's been 6 years since Axl last blew through a GNR concert with his signature voice, it won't happen again. If it were to happen at some point, it would be now, but it didn't happen. That voice is actually gone, as in, it does not exist anymore. Even when Axl brings what people call rasp, such as in WTTJ or Nightrain, it is not that voice, it is different. It is what it is.

I guess we should be thankful that he remains such a tremendously capable singer. Considering 2011 and the past few years, Axl's ressurgence is really mythical, a thing to behold. He is really belting it out, even if without rasp at times. He is dressing like his former self, dancing like his former self, and at times sounding like his former self. All that with Slash and Duff by his side. A couple years ago it seemed like Axl was a goner, his voice thin and shot. He is back.

If rasp is exclusively your thing, Axl/DC part 2 is right around the corner. Imo, Axl singing Thunderstruck is one of the strongests, chill inducing, destructive and amazing combinations in RnR history in the past 20 years. So now we also got that to look forward to.

Banshee-style rock singers never last forever, they always fade, most of them earlier and faster than Axl. At 54, Axl obviously has started to fade, but as of 2016 he is doing that very gracefully and with lots of dignity, dishing out ridiculous amounts of awesomeness in the process. We should enjoy it for as much as it lasts.

Excellent post.

2 minutes ago, ironmt said:

As I said you are a nobody with an opinion, which you are entitled to but you came across as a complete moron with your non sense about Axl needing to learn to play his own song because he didn't blow his whistle when you thought he should have. There are quite a few songs that I am sure many members on this board are not happy with In regards to the way they are being performed Including myself, but that's the way It goes.

You going to keep saying the same stupid shit all night long or what?  And, learn how to read while you're at it, as I said a lot more than just a comment about the whistle.  G'night 

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

You going to keep saying the same stupid shit all night long or what?  And, learn how to read while you're at it, as I said a lot more than just a comment about the whistle.  G'night 

If I keep saying It maybe you will realize how stupid you sounded,  but then again, probably not.

The sound mix leaves a lot to be desired on any of the video's I've seen. The AXL/DC stuff sounded MUCH better with Axl's voice being more tweaked in the mix. What we've heard from these 2 shows is mashed up mic levels. Sounds way off and not even close to Axl's voice presence with the DC stuff.

Edited by Canuckle
  • Like 1

Just now, ironmt said:

If I keep saying It maybe you will realize how stupid you sounded,  but then again, probably not.

No, but I am figuring out how stupid you sound repeating the same thing over and over and over.    I'm actually done responding to you so PM me if you have a problem because this is going off topic and getting personal and that isn't really necessary for either one of us to engage in.   As I said, g'night.     

3 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

As long as no one breaks a foot getting back down;)

2 hours ago, superdave said:

Here are some of my pics from yesterday. I'm not sure how they'll look. I compressed the size and I'm uploading them from my phone. Enjoy!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

i am loving all these pics, had to start my own GN'R NITL folder :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Canuckle said:

The sound mix leaves a lot to be desired on any of the video's I've seen. The AXL/DC stuff sounded MUCH better with Axl's voice being more tweaked in the mix. What we've heard from these 2 shows is mashed up mic levels. Sounds way off and not even close to Axl's voice presence with the DC stuff.

You bring up something I was thinking about earlier, but my thought got lost in other redundant conversations.  I felt the mix in Vegas was pretty good overall (though there were some minor issues, but I'm not one to complain :)

Anyone care to comment on the mix itself that was at this show?  

Just now, tsinindy said:

No, but I am figuring out how stupid you sound repeating the same thing over and over and over.    I'm actually done responding to you so PM me if you have a problem because this is going off topic and getting personal and that isn't really necessary for either one of us to engage in.   As I said, g'night.     

Have a good night.

Here's a review from The Washington Times. Guy was at the venue, is a journalist and not afraid of voicing his opinion with respect, giving praise when needed and being critical when needed too. Got the feeling the guy likes none of 'Chinese Democracy' so I disagree in a couple of things he says but that's ok. Slash gets the most praising. I guess it's a fair review.

Looks like a 8/10.

Mr. Rose, he of the immense range going from bass all the way up to an inhuman soprano falsetto, was as spirited as during his prime, even if some of the notes in the ceiling of his register were a bit out of his reach at times. His vocals at spots were sometimes difficult to hear, and there were even a few moments where he seemed to forget the words and/or muddle the lyrics. He was the weak spot in an otherwise-superb musical lineup, but a little latitude must be given for the entropy of time, both on his voice and his figure (which has been the subject of much social media ridicule of late). His was the most inconsistent of his bandmates, weak at spots while positively titanic at others, particularly late in the concert on “Out to Get Me,” “Nightrain” and encore-closer “Paradise City,” with Mr. Rose screaming for the Maryland skies that this is how rock ‘n’ roll should be done — loud and unapologetic.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/27/guns-n-roses-concert-review-reunited-band-rocks-no/

:shrugs:
(not everybody is a crazy clueless complainer i guess)

2 hours ago, darknightfan said:

This was the best concert ever! Everyone was amazing and perfect. Honestly if you were there you would know so for people who feel the need to knit pick need to get over themselves! It was a good time and I'm so glad I was able to be in the pit for it! The only thing I wish is that I was handed the backstage pass instead of the girl next to me lol.

Also my fav songs live were Civil War and Nightrain (:

I'm intrigued by these backstage passes. Did you how it happen for the girl next to you? Can you tell us more?

• Like 1

Just now, double talkin jive mfkr said:

yeah, i know a former supermodel that was with axl and some other hot chicks at the tokyo 92 concert haha, nothing changes, you have to be hanging out with hot chicks and numerous 

i actually read somewhere that if you see a gaggle of like super models at a concert to hang by them and then when they get picked to go backstage you just pretend to be with them and yuu get to go backstage as well :P