Steven Adler to play M3 Festival - 4/29/16

5 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Please note that when you say "the other three" you're referring to Frank, Fortus and Melissa.  "The big three" are Axl, Slash and Duff.

And yes, rumor was that he was rehearsing and hurt his back, that's why he wasn't present at The Troubadour.

haha i will know in future to refer to them as the BIG 3. thank you for the correction :) 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, donny said:

i read on here around the time of the troubadour gig that steve had been rehearsing with the other 3 amigos. was there any truth in that or was it more nonsense ?

Frank was rehearsing with them from January on, and signed that cymbal for the Flint benefit as a member of Guns N' Roses. http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-rehearsals-reunion-tour/

26 minutes ago, DMathski said:

I'm going to throw it out there that he guests some songs tmrw night  :headbang:

I hope so but that won't be believable until it happens. We don't know how recovered he is or isn't. I would think if he's playing next week, knowing he probably has cancelled a gig or two in the past to keep his mouth shut, it would point in a positive direction. 

2 hours ago, Nick Cobraetti said:

Did he cancel or did he no-show?  The reports that Steven needed surgery came out this month so it's doubtful he had it in February. Eddie Trunk made no mention of Steven's back at all, which leads me to believe the official story isn't necessarily the real story

Eddie mentioned in a tweet to a fan he had back surgery. 

26 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Eddie talks with Steven, regularly text each other. That's a pretty good source ;) Marc talks with Slash and probably Duff too. Good sources. Game. Set. Match. :D

Yeah but again, Marc didn't even know Axl & Slash were speaking, much less planning a reunion. Just like with Vicky Hamilton, this may be intentional disinformation...or it may not.

Wheels within wheels on the GnR machine :lol:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

If that were true, AfD would never have come to light.

I don't agree. He took a lot longer on the vocals than the rest of the band's recording process. With another singer it probably would have been done a lot quicker. Plus he threw that awful synth in Paradise City against the wishes of everyone else in the band.

5 hours ago, stella said:

Matt Sorum was the only drummer who used them, and that was only during UYI. Frank and Adler are both listed as current Vater artists. None of them are listed as current Ahead artists.

http://www.vater.com/#!/artists
http://www.aheaddrumsticks.com/artists-1-page1.html

http://wzlx.cbslocal.com/2016/03/31/matt-sorum-and-frank-ferrer-comment-on-guns-n-roses-drumsticks-photo/

This is very interesting....because when that photo was put up on their Facebook page, Adler was not listed as a Vater artist.  Several of us looked into this and at that time the last endorsement info we could find for Adler was for Pro Mark sticks.

He has been added to Vater's lineup since then and it also lists his as being with "Adler/Guns N Roses".

25 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

This is very interesting....because when that photo was put up on their Facebook page, Adler was not listed as a Vater artist.  Several of us looked into this and at that time the last endorsement info we could find for Adler was for Pro Mark sticks.

He has been added to Vater's lineup since then and it also lists his as being with "Adler/Guns N Roses".

That *is* interesting. Vater seems to be a newer company. The band affiliation doesn't mean very much; they seem to list the bands that the person is known for, not necessarily those they're currently in. Notice GnR is listed second. They seem to have a bunch of artists listed with several band affiliations like that.

The hypotheses I'd had for the Advance drumsticks were that they were just fucking with everyone's heads, and in hindsight, my three guesses are:

1. They belonged to Dizzy (he does percussion)
2. They belonged to Brain/Melissa
3. They were a complete red herring, since they were used by Matt on the UYI tour

Edited by stella

Just now, stella said:

That *is* interesting. Vater seems to be a newer company. The band affiliation doesn't mean very much; they seem to list the bands that the person is known for, not necessarily those they're currently in. Notice GnR is listed second. They seem to have a bunch of artists listed with several band affiliations like that.

The hypotheses I'd had for the Advance drumsticks were that they were just fucking with everyone's heads, and: 

1. They belonged to Dizzy (he does percussion)
2. They belonged to Brain/Melissa
3. They were a complete red herring since they were used by Matt on the UYI tour

They were Ahead drumsticks...but your theories are sound as well :)

Could very well be any of those things for sure!

8 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

They were Ahead drumsticks...but your theories are sound as well :)

Could very well be any of those things for sure!

Thanks, you're right, I didn't bother looking up at the name again, LOL! :)

It would be incredibly hilarious (mean, but hilarious) if they just started posting random gear photos from various former members or brands that aren't affiliated with GnR at all, so they could really make everyone's head spin.

23 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Wow, thats some pretty badass GnR CSI sleuthing right there... Only difference between this and the show is instead of Won't get fooled again, in my head I hear "Do you know where the FUCK YOU ARE? lol

Oh, and I word on Stevie's presumed back surgery and healing times. Now, I'm far from a physician, however for a what I do for a living involves complex analysis of a persons medical conditions/and medical records and back impairments are QUITE common. Now everyone of course has their own individual healing time line, but generally speaking, if someone has a back surgery (also keep in mind this is a broad generalization) and there are no undue complications, a typical timeline where you would expect to see a decent recovery is on average about 6-8 weeks. Ergo, its completely plausible that he could have had a back surgery and be pretty much recovered by now.

7 minutes ago, challenger70rt said:

Oh, and I word on Stevie's presumed back surgery and healing times. Now, I'm far from a physician, however for a what I do for a living involves complex analysis of a persons medical conditions/and medical records and back impairments are QUITE common. Now everyone of course has their own individual healing time line, but generally speaking, if someone has a back surgery (also keep in mind this is a broad generalization) and there are no undue complications, a typical timeline where you would expect to see a decent recovery is on average about 6-8 weeks. Ergo, its completely plausible that he could have had a back surgery and be pretty much recovered by now.

Yah, it kinda depends on what surgery he had....laminectomy or discectomy or fusion.   It was never confirmed he actually had a surgery by anyone credible, but assuming he did, then yes it is plausible he could be healed up by now, so that isn't really unrealistic.

I'm convinced he had a back issue for sure, too many credible sources stating such.  Surgery?  Maybe, but it doesn't really matter.  A back problem is fairly common for a drummer.  

True, he could of had a back injury, slipped a disc, did a little PT and gotten back at it. Or the whole thing could be bullshit. Who knows? I sure would like to see him on the skins though. Once again, not a professional drummer, but played drums since I was a kid. Frank is a mediocre drummer at best. He might be reliable, but he's not no goddamn style. No swing, no panache. Its like watching a robot play the drums... a robot that plays, too fast at times with lots of extra notes in ackward places that kind of detracts from the thing a bit. ...I'm not saying I can do better, but Steve sure as fuck could no doubt.

• Like 1

just because someone confirmed that steven hurt his back does not mean that is the reason he is not involved . but it still could , for example ...

steven hurt his back while rehearsing with guns and has to have surgery now so he can be ready for the stadium tour .

steven found out he is not involved and instead of being humiliated via the press he decided to book his selective back surgery (that has been bugging him for a while) now to avoid the press .

Seems like Axl and Steven have switched roles. If Axl gets a soft perm and starts snorting popcorn for breakfast, Steven will pull more no shows and jump into the crowd after one song after seeing a "where's Frank?" T shirt. 

• Like 1