Keep the United Kingdom United

Snake-Pit

I don't appreciate this talk of London becoming more self-governing. London is primarily what encourages the North/South divide in Britain. London voted Remain because cultural integration generally works there and has done for a long time. Coupled with it being one of the most financially powerful global capitals, this has created a drain on the rest of the country. 90% of my fellow graduates moved to London for work, and they've all done fine. There are a handful of design agencies in my city and none of them ever have any vacancies, because the business just isn't there to snatch up talent when they want to move on.

A more independent London will create an increasingly excluded and impoverished rest-of-Britain. 

• Like 2

A London state would be a sort of weird city-state. Assuming Greater London would be its designated borders, it would be geographically an enclave; it would not even have access to the North Sea since Essex and Kent would control the opening of the Thames - you chaps would be completely surrounded, with no water outlet!!

Can you imagine rich Londoners getting their passports stamped when traveling to their Cornish second home?

8 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Sturgeon says another Scotish referendum is 'highly likely'.

I suspect she will continue to call for referendums if the price of Mars Bars go up. Apparently that is the Scottish way now, to call independence referendums whenever unpopular legislation is passed.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I suspect she will continue to call for referendums if the price of Mars Bars go up. Apparently that is the Scottish way now, to call independence referendums whenever unpopular legislation is passed.

Way to over-simplify Scotland's position in this.

• Like 1

Boris will be prime minister soon and make you cycle to Amsterdamn. 

Scotland are freeloaders they want independence but need England and EU to survive. I think eventually they will get what they want. 

Of course London voted to stay cos theres more immigrants and it's more of a european city. The rest of the country aren't quite as liberal. 

I do think that this vote reflects what the country thinks more than an election which is rigged and confusing. This is one or two issues for Alf Garret to make his presence felt. Dad's army were out in force. Fighting terror for England. 

If we lose to Iceland we'll look like complete idiots now. Losing to frozen food shop is not acceptable. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wasted said:

Boris will be prime minister soon and make you cycle to Amsterdamn. 

Scotland are freeloaders they want independence but need England and EU to survive. I think eventually they will get what they want. 

Of course London voted to stay cos theres more immigrants and it's more of a european city. The rest of the country aren't quite as liberal. 

I do think that this vote reflects what the country thinks more than an election which is rigged and confusing. This is one or two issues for Alf Garret to make his presence felt. Dad's army were out in force. Fighting terror for England. 

If we lose to Iceland we'll look like complete idiots now. Losing to frozen food shop is not acceptable. 

This forum is nothing without The Wasted One :lol:

9 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Dies' is the forums go-to man for Anglo-Scotch relations :lol:

..and have Scottish blood. I'm on the border. My uncle was a coldstreamer.  

I want one of these referenda to go correct for Graeme. His volcanos are not erupting, his birds are not interested, his (nu)GN'R have broken up - give the guy a referendum success for crying out loud!!

PS

Theresa May for PM.

Edited by DieselDaisy

22 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

I don't appreciate this talk of London becoming more self-governing. London is primarily what encourages the North/South divide in Britain. London voted Remain because cultural integration generally works there and has done for a long time. Coupled with it being one of the most financially powerful global capitals, this has created a drain on the rest of the country. 90% of my fellow graduates moved to London for work, and they've all done fine. There are a handful of design agencies in my city and none of them ever have any vacancies, because the business just isn't there to snatch up talent when they want to move on.

A more independent London will create an increasingly excluded and impoverished rest-of-Britain. 

no it doesn't