New songs on NITL tour? (New song rumoured for December)

It'd be realistically very easy to make a new album, the material is already mostly there.

3-4 songs of CDII material with Slash/Duff adding their own tracks

3-4 songs of scrapped Velvet Revolver material with Axl simply recording pre-written or newly written vocals

3-4 songs of 1993-1996 scrapped work

3-4 completely new songs

Title it "Not in This Lifetime" or "Stay of Execution", throw in some music videos and great promotion and you could have easily one of the best albums of the decade.

40 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Title it "Not in This Lifetime" or "Stay of Execution", throw in some music videos and great promotion and you could have easily one of the best albums of the decade.

Just a note....music videos and promotion have no bearing on the album being good, bad or "the best".   Those things are for popularity, not substance.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Asia said:

You can't be serious? Casual fans don't give a damn about the remix of a record they didn't even like or know about in the first place.

As for me personally, I want new music, I don't care what era it comes from, I just want them to record and release new songs togehter. Whatever they record: Axl CD stuff or Slash unreleased stuff ot something completely new or unfonished songs from the nineties - doesn't matter to me, I just wanna hear it!

That's exactly what I said... Casual fans WOULDN'T care about CD remix or CD 2, which is why I'm worried Axl will abandon it for a new record with Slash released a couple of years from now.

I don't know... I still go back to the comment from the man himself at China Exchange. He could've learned some hard lessons and just be throwing us off the trail, but he sure made it sound like nothing was close.

Personally, my best hope comes from Melissa's tweets the last couple days. She said its all werk werk werk, showed her computer and keyboard, #gnr #tour #film #composer. Then about 20 tweets later, she retweeted someone who said "I can't wait to hear your future contributions to GnR" or something like that.... There's a reason she's in this band besides being one sexy assed blue haired bitch...

Overall, I'm a big time skeptic right now though...

I think the band would have definately recorded during the rehearsal stage and possibly during tour break when Axl was with AC/DC  (any money true reason of slash/duff going to London was to present Axl with new recorded songs)

but who knows if there have been any new vocals added.

Slash and Duff are work horses and do not stop recording.

16 hours ago, alfierose said:

This thread needs a bump up :headbang:

Really hope we hear a new song by Christmas!

Santa, I've been a good girl all year. :lol:

santa only likes bad girls, as do I.   wink wink.

Edited by nelsontod

3 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Personally, my best hope comes from Melissa's tweets the last couple days. She said its all werk werk werk, showed her computer and keyboard, #gnr #tour #film #composer. Then about 20 tweets later, she retweeted someone who said "I can't wait to hear your future contributions to GnR" or something like that.... There's a reason she's in this band besides being one sexy assed blue haired bitch...

Overall, I'm a big time skeptic right now though...

she posted #twojobs

i dont believe she would be allowed to share anything about working on GN'R music. Thats something only Axl (and maybe Slash and Duff to an extent) does, IF EVER.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

she posted #twojobs

i dont believe she would be allowed to share anything about working on GN'R music. Thats something only Axl (and maybe Slash and Duff to an extent) does, IF EVER.

Your right

Her website has other projects shes doing such as production on video games, her own music, commercials, modeling the list goes on  http://www.melissareesemusic.com/

Doubt she would be doing anything specific to Guns N' Roses

On 7/18/2016 at 4:00 PM, tsinindy said:

Just a note....music videos and promotion have no bearing on the album being good, bad or "the best".   Those things are for popularity, not substance.  

Yeah, you are right, my bad. I should have worded it as "one of the most successful albums."

48 minutes ago, grogmug said:

Someone just needs to ask any of the band members when they meet them. I need new music!!!

Yup, I was secretly hoping that guy on here that got a selfie with Frank in the pit during Lenny might've thought to put him on the spot! ;-D

On 18/07/2016 at 6:22 PM, Ralphelmo said:

If Fortus doesn't know that song and/or is learing it from Duff it could be a VR's leftover... You can also hear Slash noodling all over it in the background. 

Pretty much my thoughts. It doesn't sound very sophisticated honestly, if there will be new GNR music, I hope for more than this 

On 19.7.2016 at 4:04 AM, Fitha_whiskey said:

Then about 20 tweets later, she retweeted someone who said "I can't wait to hear your future contributions to GnR" or something like that.... There's a reason she's in this band besides being one sexy assed blue haired bitch...

She retweets pretty much everything about her.

7 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

what would be nice for a dvd is one song in every city... theres about 25 songs on the setlist and cities on the tour as well... would be pretty awesome... oh yeah and new music too 

I like that idea. 

18 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

find it kinda weird that im actually starting to believe gnr rumors again hahaha

It's not that crazy. Think of all the rumors that circulated the past 6+ months. Virtually all of them came to fruition.