Ghosts / Haunting Experiences

Słash

1 minute ago, PappyTron said:

If Dazey jumped around he'd crash through the floor. Ceiling joists can only take so much weight you know.

I'm not even fat I'll have you know! This is all Len's fault this is! Vicious rumours and nothing more! :lol:

10 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Similar thing happened when my grandmoms brother died. I was not even born then, but she told me she was crying a lot but she saw him and then he just went, I guess that was his goodbye to her. 

Yep, there's too much anecdotal evidence for there not to be some merit to this..not every single one of these people can be dismissed as "just seeing things".. it seems apparent, to me at least, that "something", for some indeterminate amount of time, remains after some of us pass on..

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Yep, there's too much anecdotal evidence for there not to be some merit to this..not every single one of these people can be dismissed as "just seeing things".. it seems apparent, to me at least, that "something", for some indeterminate amount of time, remains after some of us pass on..

Anecdotal evidence is just that; anecdotal. There is no scientific evidence that ghosts exist, but there is evidence that the human brain is susceptible to misinterpreting information, especially during times of stress. In short, the chemical imbalance caused by difficult life occurrences, such as the death of a loved one, can cause the brain to scramble to interpret incomplete information and this can lead the brain to fill in gaps and jump to inaccurate and false conclusions.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PappyTron said:

Anecdotal evidence is just that; anecdotal. There is no scientific evidence that ghosts exist, but there is evidence that the human brain is susceptible to misinterpreting information, especially during times of stress. In short, the chemical imbalance caused by difficult life occurrences, such as the death of a loved one, can cause the brain to scramble to interpret incomplete information and this can lead the brain to fill in gaps and jump to inaccurate and false conclusions.

Oh sure, and I agree with this too. The brain is an amazing instrument. I just don't think this explanation can be attributed to 100% of instances..just because something is not yet observable by science doesn't mean that it doesn't exist..what if the right apparatus just hasn't been invented yet that can measure this type of thing? Doctors also used to think it was unhealthy to wash their hands until the microscope came along and microbes and bacteria were now visible. I don't know if ghosts exist..but some type of phenomena seems to be experienced by some..whether that is brain chemistry, or a projected residual energy from a dying organism (such as when a star dies) or a soul, or what...but that is what makes it so fascinating..what happens after we die is the ultimate unknowable question. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I don't know if ghosts exist..but some type of phenomena seems to be experienced by some..whether that is brain chemistry, or a projected residual energy from a dying organism (such as when a star dies) or a soul, or what...but that is what makes it so fascinating..what happens after we die is the ultimate unknowable question. 

Very true

On 8/9/2016 at 9:57 AM, DieselDaisy said:

I've never been that arsed really. When you think about it, every house of a certain age has seen people die in it, and he seems happy enough so I doubt he is the product of some crime or tragedy.

This by the way is my favourite ghost story, The Metheringham Lass,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/lincolnshire/hi/people_and_places/history/newsid_8332000/8332848.stm

I literally live right near there. One time Richard and Judy came to do an exorcism of that ghost. Daytime tv, eh?

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Apart from you find yourself walking through walls for an eternity while people are masturbating?

Which is why it's odd that Kelly Brook hasn't seen loads of ghosts, right? I'd be haunting her and Natalie Dormer regularly! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My old boyfriend from high school died of cancer in 2009. I knew he had cancer but thought things were better. I had a weird dream of him waving goodbye to me and woke up terrified. I called my best friend, who was his cousin and she said she thought he was ok but would see if she could get any info on him. Ten minutes later she called me back saying he died about 4:30 that morning, which was the same time I woke up from the dream.  He has come to me in two dreams since. The first time saying he would always be with me and then the last one was spooky, in the dream I asked why he had to die and he said "I'm not dead".  That totally freaked me out. 

Edited by BlueJean Baby
typos
  • Like 1

In my country almost every people believe about ghost presence, and basically also believe there's a ghost on every home/building, some just stay there, some were very hostile to the guest or even to the home owner.

I've already seen few common ghost on my life, the most memorable one is about ten years ago, there's a wrapped ghost/pocong comes to my room few times on about 2 weeks, i try to tell my parents and just get laughed, they think i'm hallucinated, high, or something.

It was until few days later, there's a shaman whose happen to be old friend of my father comes to my house, and my father asked to him about my experience, and he just straight describing the ghost description to my parents, without i even tell which type of ghost that haunted me. for bonus he even tell that's ghost is from a teenage girl that dead and buried on my lawn, next to my room, she was buried there long before my house were build on 1970s, and the shaman tell if my family were feel disturbed we just should dug and move the bone to the local graveyard. My father just say fuck it and let the bone stay there. Moving it didn't guarantee the ghost moving also.

Surprisingly she never haunt me again after we know where her corpse/bone located, maybe she just want my family to know. For the record few of my neighbor also seeing her when they passing my house, some see her on the roof, some see her just leaning on the wall outside of my room. So yes, she still here.

@PappyTron, you should take better care of your wife when you're traipsing around on volcanos! But perhaps she was tripped up by a pocong :P   (jokes aside hopefully it wasn't a bad injury).

Speaking of pocongs, @Magnus Cavalerra, I had to google that word, and thanks very much I will now have nightmares for a week! :scared:

21 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Speaking of pocongs, @Magnus Cavalerra, I had to google that word, and thanks very much I will now have nightmares for a week! :scared:

Haha, it's one of the three most common ghost on my country, the wrapped cloth is used to bury a moslem, its usually appear when someone forgot to untie every ties before it buried, it will haunt the family or even entire neighborhood asking people to dug the grave and untie the ties.

The other common ghost is Kuntilanak, the ghost of woman that died when birthing or get raped, the last is Genderuwo, it's basically just a supranatural version of Big Foot, i personally believe why westerners failed to capture any clear evidence of Big Foot it's because what they see is a ghost instead real creature/animal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

@PappyTron, you should take better care of your wife when you're traipsing around on volcanos! But perhaps she was tripped up by a pocong :P   (jokes aside hopefully it wasn't a bad injury).

I have to confess that I typed that in the vain hope of someone saying "Krakatoa?" so I could say "No, she completely broke her foot".

I'm but a simple man.

:(

Talking of my wife, she got a chest infection whilst in the Middle East just last week...

• Like 1