Axl/DC DVD

Tom-Ass

40 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

They've been waiting for Wrigley field dvd a while. Apparently they already mastered it or something, but plans might have changed. MSG would be a cool place to do one with Axl. Maybe do a packaged boxed set with both.

That's my hope; do a 2 Blu Ray, 4 CD set. This shit is too good to not be released in some form, but I'd still like to see an official release with Brian from this tour.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

They've been waiting for Wrigley field dvd a while. Apparently they already mastered it or something, but plans might have changed. MSG would be a cool place to do one with Axl. Maybe do a packaged boxed set with both.

Yeah he seems to be better this tour... I think they should capture this shit.

9 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

That's my hope; do a 2 Blu Ray, 4 CD set. This shit is too good to not be released in some form, but I'd still like to see an official release with Brian from this tour.

I couldn't agree more. I want the Wrigley show with Brian as well as a show with Axl. A nice send off to Brian's AC/DC and a neat piece of rock history with Axl.

As much as people around here like to point to 2016 examples of Brian not being up to par, he sounded great in 2015 - better than half the Black Ice tour. I certainly do not want them to shelve what could be their final concert video with Brian. Too bad they didn't film one show sooner in Toronto - then I could say I was there! But yeah, when the 2016 shows started, even the fans at ACDCFans.net were noticing quite the decline compared to the 2015 stadium gigs. Of course, once the hearing thing came out it made total sense - the poor guy probably couldn't even hear himself correctly.

Of course, the most important thing will be seeing Slade's bald head in glorious HD.

• Like 3

Double boxset so nobody complains and we get the best of both! They can't not showcase this stuff with Axl though...
Even a TV special at the least....AC/DC are usually smart with business things like this, they've got to see the reviews

and the interest is there....A DVD/Blu Ray with Axl will definitely sell and with a Brian concert too, it would cater 

for both sides of the fence....we'll see!
Axl's probably more keen to appear on an AC/DC dvd than one of his own too...

Edited by colonizedmind

51 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Double boxset so nobody complains and we get the best of both! They can't not showcase this stuff with Axl though...
Even a TV special at the least....AC/DC are usually smart with business things like this, they've got to see the reviews

and the interest is there....A DVD/Blu Ray with Axl will definitely sell and with a Brian concert too, it would cater 

for both sides of the fence....we'll see!
Axl's probably more keen to appear on an AC/DC dvd than one of his own too...

ACDC fans get a bit ridiculous though, they might try to spin it as "why would they release it together? Are they trying to make Brian look bad on purpose" 

but that might be a bit ridiculous on my end. Brian from what I heard sounded great in Chicago, I'm sure they would appreciate just having Brian's show released and hopefully can appreciate Axl's as something totally different. I've really began to love a lot of the Bon stuff from ACDC thanks to Axl and the band simply playing it. Sin City, If you want Blood will all be epic and that setlist deserves an official release. 

I'd pay $50-$60 for a nice box set with CD's or digital downloads 

I'd love it if (in addition to the wrigley show) they released a CD compiling the best of the Axl gigs, and included one version of each song so we would get them all. They took a similar approach with the "live" album which wasn't all from the same show. (Same as the gnr live era CD)

As far as a dvd hopefully they use a different director than the river plate dvd which I found maddening with the split screens and frequent changes of camera angle. 

Edited by goneshootin
Added a sentence

10 hours ago, goneshootin said:

I'd love it if (in addition to the wrigley show) they released a CD compiling the best of the Axl gigs, and included one version of each song so we would get them all. They took a similar approach with the "live" album which wasn't all from the same show. (Same as the gnr live era CD)

As far as a dvd hopefully they use a different director than the river plate dvd which I found maddening with the split screens and frequent changes of camera angle. 

The AC/DC Live album may not have been all from the same show, but it's certainly all from the same studio. :drevil:

On 04/09/2016 at 4:31 AM, IncitingChaos said:

We're still getting it after the tour, it's called Play Ball: Live at Wrigley Field

26 minutes ago, Mark1989 said:

Hope they record NYC or have done some other show as the promo footage seems DVD worthy imo.  Bin Chicago so many things wrong with that shoot. ACDC with Axl would be the best DVD sine No Bull 

...What was wrong with Chicago? I've got the bootleg of that gig and I think it was one of the best gigs last year. Besides, it would be disrespectful to shelve the last gig they filmed with Brian. 

Just now, Powerage5 said:

...What was wrong with Chicago? I've got the bootleg of that gig and I think it was one of the best gigs last year. Besides, it would be disrespectful to shelve the last gig they filmed with Brian. 

I do think Brian was good, no doubt about it ! However from a DVD point of view the runway wasn't down for the whole show and thats such a waste. The way Angus (and Brian) could have used it would have made it so much better. Angus seemed confined. I do think it may be a bit disrespectful but I think that line has already been crossed. imo the hearing was just a cover up for something else. I would prefer standard tuning also Angus has been very very good last 2 legs. Also a better setlist. Angus even said "it was mainly the heading thing. Wouldn't surprise me either way. 

20 minutes ago, Mark1989 said:

I do think Brian was good, no doubt about it ! However from a DVD point of view the runway wasn't down for the whole show and thats such a waste. The way Angus (and Brian) could have used it would have made it so much better. Angus seemed confined. I do think it may be a bit disrespectful but I think that line has already been crossed. imo the hearing was just a cover up for something else. I would prefer standard tuning also Angus has been very very good last 2 legs. Also a better setlist. Angus even said "it was mainly the heading thing. Wouldn't surprise me either way. 

The catwalk thing is just how they did it all last year. 

I mean, I don't want the Wrigley show INSTEAD of an Axl show, but I think doing both would be nice.