11/01/16 Rosario, AR - Estadio Rosario

gunsguy

He is totally off. Not tonight, but on the whole SA leg so far.

I obviously have sugarcoated this to myself for a long time, but the prospect of going to seem them in ten days, for the first time in my life and having Axl sound like that after all he did with AC/DC this year is a massive turn off. If that's the case, I'll do my best to enjoy it and not think about, but I'll carry a lot of disappointment for the rest of my life.

1 minute ago, Pedrolg said:

I obviously have sugarcoated this to myself for a long time, but the prospect of going to seem them in ten days, for the first time in my life and having Axl sound like that after all he did with AC/DC this year is a massive turn off. If that's the case, I'll do my best to enjoy it and not think about, but I'll carry a lot of disappointment for the rest of my life.

I thought Peru and Chile sounded pretty good from what I heard.

1 minute ago, Pedrolg said:

ugh, don't curse yourself like that...

10 days? is that in Brazil?

Well, Brazil will get the best of him because he loves that place so don't worry about it.

I'm seeing him in 2 days and I hope he changes his mood for River Plate or else it's gonna be war :lol:

Just now, MrSoftie said:

Remember how he had a cold with AC/DC in Europe? Then suddenly at the London show he turned it around completely? Give the man some time to heal up. Even the slightest cold makes it hard and frankly painful to sing.

The weather in Rosario has been suckage the whole day.

Maybe that's the reason. OR NOT.

Anyway I didn't think he sounded sick.

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

I'd like to say this is not like Rio 2011 or a disaster show, but it is definitely a noticeable change from the USA leg and especially AC/DC. I heard clips from the past few South American shows and thought they were fine, but the little I heard tonight was not great. I am sure if I was at the show right now, I'd be loving it all, I'm just being an arm chair QB but that's why we're here lol.

Less power in his voice and a few song slots missing might indicate he's got a cold or something. I'm not worried about it.

I would love to agree with you, but with Axl there is always so much fear of him going back to his old ways. In 2014 he phoned the whole SA leg in, and then stepped it up as much as he could when he got to the US. His body language is different on the past few shows, reports indicate he is travelling without the band, we haven't seen or heard from him in soundchecks anymore, agressive songs are being cut from the setlist. It does not bode well.

Those saying that everything is ok are deaf. Tonight's Axl is 2012 Axl, nothing more, nothing less. This is 2016 Axl:

2 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

I would love to agree with you, but with Axl there is always so much fear of him going back to his old ways. In 2014 he phoned the whole SA leg in, and then stepped it up as much as he could when he got to the US. His body language is different on the past few shows, reports indicate he is travelling without the band, we haven't seen or heard from him in soundchecks anymore, agressive songs are being cut from the setlist. It does not bode well.

Those saying that everything is ok are deaf. Tonight's Axl is 2012 Axl, nothing more, nothing less. This is 2016 Axl:

what reports have said that nonsense. I mean there is photographic proof of him at the airport with them.

• Like 2

Just now, maumaurgomes said:

Axl looks sick or discouraged ........ No power .... Since starting the tour in South America, this is the worst show ... Will for forcing the voice in concerts of AC / DC is not some problem in his vocal cords ???

It is not a problem in his vocals, it is his demeanor or whatever that's called.

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Do you guys think Axl might be depressed again? I cant see why he's not putting in energy anymore, I'm very let down by how bad his recent shows have been.

What?! Just because he doesn't sound quite as good as he did a few months ago = he is depressed and doesn't care? Come on... these shows have still been good. They are on par or better than the April shows

2 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

He has literally traveled with the band on the plane throughout the leg of the tour. There are pictures of all of them traveling together all over the board.

• Like 2