06/13/17 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion

alfierose

It seems that stodgy pasty faced capitalistic protestant countries produce reserved crowds, whereas Latin Catholic countries produce exuberance, although Bavaria is Catholic which rather makes a mess of my theory!

Running the risk of sounding like Max Weber!

London will be a riot. The majority of the crowd will be munching on prawn sandwiches and wondering why GN'R are not playing 'Every Rose Has Its Thorn'.

• Like 4

check out Axl's face at the beginning...idk if it's just me but he seems so at peace singing SCOM, sometimes you watch him and he looks mad about it, but here it's like he's lost in his own thoughts just standing next to Duff and looking at this huge crowd, not sure I've ever seen Axl look so at peace. 

• Like 2

hes still switching between 4 voices on jungle, it's really the opening couple lines that are still getting him, the rest sound good but those voice switches are too prominent at the moment. It's like the Golden Gods when he kept doing it and there was just too big of a gap in the vocal differences so it sounded off. But like I said mainly the the beginning lines right now 

It's ironic that Axl completely misses the note on clarity, (2:09) and sounds like he had the hiccups 

Edited by IncitingChaos

Those god-awful setlists ... the boredom factor is going through the roof ! :wacko:

And I thought the European tours in '92 and '93 had boring setlists ... this is even worse.  Enough with the cover songs already.  'LALD' and 'KOHD' were a drag on the UYI tour, and now they thought 'let's add some more random covers as setlist staples!' :facepalm:

Is there ANYONE on this planet who spends his hard-earned money and goes to a GNR concert to hear 'The Seeker' or 'Black Hole Sun' or whatever the fuck they decide to play instead of their own amazing back-catalogue ???  We wait for 23 years, we endure 16 years of GNR as a cover act, only to have them play EVEN MORE COVERS ???  And play basically the exact same setlist as the last 16 years ???

It kinda makes me regret buying three tickets for this fraud of a 'reunion' ...

Edited by Nikki_Sixx
typo
  • Like 2

I have the impression that some people don't know what it means to pay tribuute as a musician. It's not about playing a song 3--4, maybe 5 times, it's about playing that song in front of thousands and thousands of people, keeping his memory alive and maybe making some of them wonder who wrote that song.

It can also be a way for the band to cope with the sudden death of a friend "at least we can play his nusic every time we're on stage and honor him that way". So stop whining "but a GN'R song would be so much better" and pay some damn respect to the band you claim to like!

Expect Black Hole Sun (or maybe another song by Chris Cornell) to stay on the setlist for at least the rest of this leg, maybe for the rest of this tour.

1 minute ago, Zurimor said:

Well, the crowd actually wasn't as quiet as it seems at first look. They are very well audible on this vdeo.

Yeah they weren't afraid to help sing along and they sounded pretty good. They just didn't seem to have the energy that the Italian crowd had as far as moving and jumping are concerned. 

1 hour ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Those god-awful setlists ... the boredom factor is going through the roof ! :wacko:

And I thought the European tours in '92 and '93 had boring setlists ... this is even worse.  Enough with the cover songs already.  'LALD' and 'KOHD' were a drag on the UYI tour, and now they thought 'let's add some more random covers as setlist staples!' :facepalm:

Is there ANYONE on this planet who spends his hard-earned money and goes to a GNR concert to hear 'The Seeker' or 'Black Hole Sun' or whatever the fuck they decide to play instead of their own amazing back-catalogue ???  We wait for 23 years, we endure 16 years of GNR as a cover act, only to have them play EVEN MORE COVERS ???  And play basically the exact same setlist as the last 16 years ???

Yes! I enjoy it when a band is creative on stage, and making cover versions is creativity to me, often times it can be more difficult to make a good cover than to write a completely new song. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Show was amazing. Many pops for KOHD ! ! ! Money was worth it!

I actually don't mind the covers. I mean the setlist is pretty huge anyway and they play a shit load of their own material with a good mix of hits and fairly deep cuts. But having two covers in the encore, sometimes even playing them back to back is a bit excessive. At least spread them out a little better. Like, swap BHS and Yesterdays position in the setlist.

• Like 1