If they finally did play Slither..

10 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

VR includes 60% of GNR , CD only twenty. Despite you prefer to believe.

VR had ex-members of GNR = not GNR, that's why the cover of contraband said "Ex-GNR" its's also why it said Velvet Revolver and not Guns N Roses as the band name.

VR could have been 90% GNR members but without the name it's not GNR. And I'm talking strictly business here. Of course slash duff and Matt have the UYI GNR sound when they play together but once they left and other members replaced them they ceased being members of GNR, meaning the music made after that would not be added to or considered to be GNR musuc. Music that is written under a different name to GNR is 100% not GNR. If axl released a solo album under his own name that music would also not be GNR material.

Can they include other material outside if the GNR name? Of course, they can do what they want. And I suppose it would be sort of interesting!

You don't have to like it, but it is what it is. Chinese Democracy is a Guns N' Roses album... Even if it's only in name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theconspirator said:

Here's my two cents. Sorum was originally gonna take a role like Adler did, right? I mean we don't know for sure, but that rumor came up more than a few times. Maybe they were planning on doing Slither with Matt?   

What?   lol

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rovim said:

Honestly I don't think it will work very well. I like Slither, all of Contraband really. But Slither's vocal melodies and lyrics don't really lend themselves very well to Axl's voice or personality in my head at least. That was all Scott and should stay that way.

They have many Guns tunes they can bring back.

Even the karaoke version of Slither with bad singer goes over well, with Slash and Axl on duty it will be epic. Axl would kill it.

21 hours ago, theconspirator said:

Axl doesn't have another band to play CD material with. If he doesn't play them with GN'R, who is he gonna play them with? Do you really think he's gonna start the Axl Roses solo band now?

Who cares who he plays them with.. I honestly think he could have a side band though. Why not. If he really has to release all this artistic energy and play off the wall music, just have a side band to show how eclectic he is..  Let Guns be the bad ass rock band that the rest of the band wanted it to be. And frankly that is what Axl is best at. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Who cares who he plays them with.. I honestly think he could have a side band though. Why not. If he really has to release all this artistic energy and play off the wall music, just have a side band to show how eclectic he is..  Let Guns be the bad ass rock band that the rest of the band wanted it to be. And frankly that is what Axl is best at. 

But don't you think Axl still considers Gn'R to be his band? the vehicle for all his artistic interests? (except AC/DC and instrumental works)

A distinction must be made between what some of us want and what Axl seems to be interested in. It doesn't matter what the rest of the band wants to do if Axl is not on board. That is the reality of the situation.

5 minutes ago, Rovim said:

It doesn't matter what the rest of the band wants to do if Axl is not on board. That is the reality of the situation.

That is why everyone left him the first time.  Unlikely, but maybe he has grown up and realized it wasn't all about him.  You would think the success of the reunion would be enough evidence for him.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

That is why everyone left him the first time.  Unlikely, but maybe he has grown up and realized it wasn't all about him.  You would think the success of the reunion would be enough evidence for him.

He already said Slash can play on his shit if he wants to. A strong indication he realizes Slash might not agree to his musical conditions even if he did like at least some of the material according to Axl.

I don't expect his process to change overnight just cause he's old and they're making a killing. Remember: he said his favorite material to play live is still Chinese tunes.

It must become about the guy who writes the lyrics/melodies naturally. Axl being an artist does push the material to a higher level. It might be a pain in the ass too but it helps to have a soul that wants to express. Better than a frontman mailing it in. 

Axl must want to keep something just in case it all falls apart. He didn't go full reunion. But it's enough to satisfy the masses. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rovim said:

He already said Slash can play on his shit if he wants to. A strong indication he realizes Slash might not agree to his musical conditions even if he did like at least some of the material according to Axl.

I don't expect his process to change overnight just cause he's old and they're making a killing. Remember: he said his favorite material to play live is still Chinese tunes.

That doesn't necessarily mean he won't work on Slash's shit. Even if he prefers to write lyrics and melodies for songs first.

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

That doesn't necessarily mean he won't work on Slash's shit. Even if he prefers to write lyrics and melodies for songs first.

I know. Never said that it means he won't work on Slash's ideas. I hope they'll both work on each others ideas. Fortus said they've been working on Slash's old riff idea.

Edit: but the musical direction of it will be decided by Axl. The next Guns album will not be Snakepit 3 or how Slash dictated the direction with Myles and The Conspirators. Not gonna be like that.

Edited by Rovim