Myles Talks About SMKC's Next Album and GNR

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

I can't see Slash having a 2 month break with no music. He is ALWAYS working on something, his idea of relaxing is to make music:slash: 

I mean, sure he's always gonna be jamming on his guitar and coming up with stuff...but thats about it, I highly doubt anything with music is being worked on...besides if we go off social media he's definitely out and about enjoying time with the old lady and the kids..

6 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I can't see Slash having a 2 month break with no music. He is ALWAYS working on something, his idea of relaxing is to make music:slash: 

I was thinking the exact same thing! Two months and no music? No way! Myles is on tour So that is the hiccup at the moment. But I'm sure they're communicating and Slash is sending him files to listen to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tremolo said:

What kind of stupid assumption is that?

Because, smartass, you state that rock won't be back until there is some kind of big crisis to fuel a true artistic movement. Those are your words.

I think it's safe to say that Trump is a big crisis, so at least his presidency will be good for rock music if what you state is correct.

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

What would you rather have, a new GNR album or SMKC album? Hmm?

If Slash is involved in the writing of all the material and he's not playing Finck/Bucket/DJ's stuff, then I would prefer a GNR album.

If there are gonna be some CD II outtakes and stuff like that, then I'd totally prefer an SMKC album.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

:wow:
What if its like 14 tracks and 4 of them are CD II stuff?

Then I'd prefer a new SMKC album. Already had to see Slash playing CD, This I Love, Sorry, Better, Catcher... while Axl wasn't even capable of singing Slither. I wanna see Slash playing his material, not someone else's.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

New GNR material trumps all. Id take SMKC III if that doesnt happen, and would probably really love it, but Id be thinking "what if?" the whole time 

If it really is GNR material and not just Axl's then yes, there's nothing like it. Let alone if the two who are missing were part of it.

9 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Wow I guess you really are more of a Slash fan. I'm more of an Axl fan and cannot stand Myles at all. I did like some of Slash's work on their last album though.

I do prefer Slash over Axl but this is different. I want real GNR music, not Axl's music or SMKC's music labeled as GNR. If Slash replaces one of Robin's solos in a new Axl song, to me that would be as much GNR as having Axl singing a song in Slash's solo album. I want GNR music, the GNR MEMBERS writing together.

• Like 2

No, smartass.

First of all, assuming I'm happy with Trump just because of what I posted is indeed stupid, as there is absolutely no logical connection between the 2.

2nd... the world has been pretty fucked up and in crisis (social, environment, economics, politics, ethics, etc) for the last 20 years. Trump being president is just more of the same: another step in the same direction. Im not gonna discuss politics in this thread (maybe there is a subforum here where we can do that).

As bad as Trump is, the outrage in people is still lukewarm at best. people still don't react beyond the easy (and pointless) online ranting and going to a protest for a few hours to then return to the comfort of their routines. Besides, the US is just the US. The world is way bigger, and I wouldn't be surprised if great artistic movements came from other places in the world where people are way more affected.

People are  too apathetic to react, or things haven't got bad enough yet (we're heading in that direction though).

Listen, smartass, you shouldn't take yourself so seriously and my post so literally. I was merely reacting to your comment that rock needs a big crisis and it was sort of a playful comment because I don't agree seeing as there are plenty of examples when rock didn't need a crisis, but I'm not going to start discussing this, just like I'm not getting into a political discussion on here. To me Trump is a crisis, and not just for the US, therefore my reaction to your comment. Again, don't take it so literally.

Edited by EvanG

lol @ the nobody cares about SMKC comment by the way. The last album WOF really took off and it is Slashs most popular work since GNR today, with over 600k regular listeners on Spotify alone, where the title track World on Fire alone has over 10 million hits, even more than Anastasia had previously. And they only started in 2012 and only have 2 albums out!

Besides, the 3rd SMKC album is already written and preproduction was already done in Dec 2015, it just needs to be recorded. You can bet Slash wrote tons of stuff on this tour that might end up being GNR songs, the 2 bands are not one or the other, he can surely do both when the other will have downtime. If Axl really wants to push torwards new music which I doubt, then it's possible SMKC will be inactive. But I don't see that happening with the way Axl has been resistant to release anything for such a long period of time. But who really can tell?

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

Sorry, you made a stupid corelation which made you make a stupid assumption. I'm just trying to make my point clear so you or other people don't make such simplistic and preposterous assumptions.

Again, man, don't take yourself so seriously, this is a forum. You made a correlation between rock music being dead and crisis, which I don't agree with, so I made a reference to the worst crisis of the last few months.

17 hours ago, EvanG said:

Because, smartass, you state that rock won't be back until there is some kind of big crisis to fuel a true artistic movement. Those are your words.

I think it's safe to say that Trump is a big crisis, so at least his presidency will be good for rock music if what you state is correct.

Get this shit out if the thread. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tremolo said:

I'm not taking myself seriously, just pointed out an assumption that didn't make sense.

I really didn't give it more than 2 seconds thought when I typed it and now I'm about 5 posts in still going on about it. So fine, maybe I should have used a question mark at the end of that sentence so you wouldn't have the impression that I was assuming something.