The Axl Rose Asshole/egomaniac Myth debunked

truadmirer

I've only been an Axl/GNR fan now for about a year and a half.

I totally came to love and respect everyone in the band, especially Axl. But over time, I have read some comments that has baffled me. I was absolutely flabergasted, Axl's good heart is very easy to see. He is also humble.
I just couldn't see why some negative comments on Axl were being made.
It really doesnt take much to see below the surface to what a really good guy he is.

From the beginning there was a lot of Jealousy against Axl primarily in both the media, and rock industry. Axl has often complained about this. As soon as they saw how successful Axl was with people, and that he had so much power with people, they went on the attack! People would literally riot on a whim over Axl!
He has also said that the more successful he got, the worse it became.
I looked, and tried to see where all of this negativity started :question:!

Would you believe, as hard as it is to believe, that THIS is the very incident where they first labeled the band dangerous, and especially Axl! They even blamed Axl, when he is clearly doing everything he can to help, the very opposite of what was reported in media! :anger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M125PLevphk

But why are some people in the public so easily brainwashed?

Axl has made some mistakes, like everyone has, but He is truly a good man deep down that doesn't deserve the negative things said of him.

Edited by truadmirer
  • Like 3

The cupcakes aren't even worth response. Real Brainwork is beyond the cupcake Mental midgets :D .
Any how, for all others, what I'm saying has been brought up by many, including People who actually KNOW Axl. ALL, including SLASH, Describe Axl as a SWEETHEART, GOOD-HEARTED MAN. Occasional fits and tantrums are not what Axl's like most of the time, they DO NOT DEFINE HIS PERSONALITY.
And, just a reminder, Axl DOES suffer from A Major DEPRESSIVE Disorder, so fits and tantrums are to be expected at times.

Consider this clip from several people who KNOW Axl.

Some People should not allow themselves to be so easily brainwashed and mislead. Edited by truadmirer

No there wasn't. She accused both Slash and Axl. However, several people saw this- The drunk woman literally followed Axl all the way home from a show. Following, harassing and groping Axl all the way from a show to his bedroom, trying to get into HIS PANTS! No where close to rape, not on Axl's part, or even Slash's. She basically molested Axl. Axl ,clearly not wanting to be bothered with the aggressive woman; didn't return the affection and threw her in the back alley to teach her a lesson. Could that be the reason she cried rape (sarcasm)? Rejection? Clearly. There certainly wasn't a rape. Everybody witnessed her sexually harass Axl all the way home. No way it wasn't intentional. And, this drunk woman accused Both Slash and Axl of rape, neither even came close. Witnesses confirm it. She was the one that followed them all the way to their home, because she was harassing them, particularly Axl. No brainer.

Beating? How about this?

http://georgia.arrests.org/Arrests/Erin_Everly_6434460/

http://inmates.fultonsheriff.net/PublicBookings_view.asp?editid1=1028988"]http://inmates.fulto...ditid1=1028988

She Doesn't seem much like the victim type to me.

Edited by truadmirer
  • Like 1

You sound a little like me when I was 15 in '91. When GN'R were on top of the world and Axl hit the press, I always defended him to my mates and family. As you grow up and learn lessons in life, you realise what a tool he is(as far as personality goes). He is now even more stubborn & arrogant than ever.

• Like 1

You sound a little like me when I was 15 in '91. When GN'R were on top of the world and Axl hit the press, I always defended him to my mates and family. As you grow up and learn lessons in life, you realise what a tool he is(as far as personality goes). He is now even more stubborn & arrogant than ever.

This.

He can be an asshole, he can be a great guy. Not a saint, not the devil, never claimed to be either.

I can't condone his actions against women when he was a young man, but considering the environment he was brought up it's hardly surprising. Zutaut and a few others have spoken out on how Erin would make stuff up, but I wouldn't say Axl was innocent either. It was an abusive, dramatic relationship, and in a way I think both parties thrived off that.

With Axl v. Stephanie, I definitely take Axl's side, and again other people have spoken out on how Stephanie can be manipulative, etc. I think it's pretty irresponsible to throw a coke party in front of your son.

He goes on about how he's not a dictator of the band, old and new, but also makes it clear that his word is final. It's a cognitive dissonance which I think he won't admit to, even to himself. The fact that he's surrounded by brown-nosers and hanger-ons shows how he alienates people who share a different point of view, and more importantly, worldview.

Coming on late is a jerky thing to do. At the same time, he does often seem desperate to please, doing close to 3 hour sets for fans. He's a complicated man. I think it mostly comes down to his upbringing and his volatile personality. Someone capable of such extreme love and beautiful acts of passion can, when angered, commit horrible, ugly acts of hate. His desire to please means he really takes criticism to heart, and I think the failure of Chinese Democracy was one of the most emotionally crippling events in his life.

He's still my favourite frontman, one of my favourite artists. He does play the victim a lot, but it is often, though not always, justified. To me, Chinese Democracy is a shining example of one man's dedication to his craft and artistry, to the point of obsession and perpetual perfectionism.

• Like 4

He can be an asshole, he can be a great guy. Not a saint, not the devil, never claimed to be either.

I can't condone his actions against women when he was a young man, but considering the environment he was brought up it's hardly surprising. Zutaut and a few others have spoken out on how Erin would make stuff up, but I wouldn't say Axl was innocent either. It was an abusive, dramatic relationship, and in a way I think both parties thrived off that.

With Axl v. Stephanie, I definitely take Axl's side, and again other people have spoken out on how Stephanie can be manipulative, etc. I think it's pretty irresponsible to throw a coke party in front of your son.

He goes on about how he's not a dictator of the band, old and new, but also makes it clear that his word is final. It's a cognitive dissonance which I think he won't admit to, even to himself. The fact that he's surrounded by brown-nosers and hanger-ons shows how he alienates people who share a different point of view, and more importantly, worldview.

Coming on late is a jerky thing to do. At the same time, he does often seem desperate to please, doing close to 3 hour sets for fans. He's a complicated man. I think it mostly comes down to his upbringing and his volatile personality. Someone capable of such extreme love and beautiful acts of passion can, when angered, commit horrible, ugly acts of hate. His desire to please means he really takes criticism to heart, and I think the failure of Chinese Democracy was one of the most emotionally crippling events in his life.

He's still my favourite frontman, one of my favourite artists. He does play the victim a lot, but it is often, though not always, justified. To me, Chinese Democracy is a shining example of one man's dedication to his craft and artistry, to the point of obsession and perpetual perfectionism.

word

What makes Axl Rose so stubborn and arrogant to you?

Edited by truadmirer

What makes Axl Rose so stubborn and arrogant to you?

Probably his stubbornness and arrogance if I were to hazard a guess. :shrugs:

Yes, Erin was no picnic to deal with. She was also no victim. On many occasions Axl mentioned the Hell she brought down on him. And she is clearly abusive, but when do people take the time to hear Axl's side? She hasn't exactly exhibited condonable behaviors, and is not above criticism. I'm glad you can at least consider Axl's side, there's two sides to every story. They had a turbulent relationship, but WHO doesn't now and then? How can someone make an issue of theirs?

The way some talk about Axl, is absolutely ridiculous!No objectivity, too extreme, and not at all accurate. And they go too far. Do they also wish to imply they are perfect?? That's what doesn't make sense about the way some people talk about Axl. Axl isn't given any breathing space. Too hypocritical.

IF AXL ISN'T PERFECT, HE'S AN ASS? :question:

Everybody is capable exhibiting the full range of moods at different times. Nobody is all smiles all the time.

And No one has a perfect track record. Some people just can hide theirs since they are not in the spotlight.
Edited by truadmirer

Nobody is suggesting that Axl is perfect, and hasn't made any mistakes. That's simply impossible for anyone.
Perfection has nothing to do with being good, good people make mistakes too. How a person responds to their mistakes is whats important. Are they honest? Are they trying to improve? That's what makes one good. It's more about the person's intent.

Axl has admitted any mistakes he's made,where most people hide theirs, and has made real efforts to grow out of it and better himself when he does. Axl's intents are good. That's why so many have described him as having a good heart.

You are completely right that AXL suffered SEVERE abuse growing up. That's where Axl developed his Depressive mood disorder from, and that's something that too many people are much too quick to forget. Axls moodswings are a direct result of his Depressive Disorder. So by labeling Axl an 'Ass' for his mood swings is to attack him for a disorder he can't help. The people that judge him by his mood swings are the REAL a##holes!! Picking on a abuse-derived disability is completely DISGRACEFUL!
Axl's childhood abuse even caused him to stop maturing emotionally at the age of two,

All the abuse also caused some issues for Axl, of course since he isn't made of stone, and has in fact even been described as naturally very sensitive, but this is how Axl handles it,

These statements from Axl that TOTALLY CONTRADICT what has been wrongly spread against Axl's character'

How do you stop the cycle?
"I don't know. It's finding some way to break the chain. I'm trying to fix myself and turn around and help others. You can't really save anyone. You can support them, but they have to save themselves. You know, you can live your life the way you have and just accept it, or you can try to change it. My life still has its extremes and ups and downs, but it is a lot better because of this work. I'm very interested in getting involved with child-abuse organizations. There's different methods of working with children, and I want to support the ones that I believe in."

That's Good at heart.

Edited by truadmirer

I've not seen BBA on here in a while so I'm guessing this is a cupcake thread. If not then .................. I just have no words..............................

This woman is a notorious cupcake. She got deleted on many different forums. Including YouTube. Total nutcase. piep.gif

I've only been an Axl/GNR fan now for about a year and a half.

I totally came to love and respect everyone in the band, especially Axl. But over time, I have read some comments that has baffled me. I was absolutely flabergasted, Axl's good heart is very easy to see. He is also humble.

I just couldn't see why some negative comments on Axl were being made.

It really doesnt take much to see below the surface to what a really good guy he is.

From the beginning there was a lot of Jealousy against Axl primarily in both the media, and rock industry. Axl has often complained about this. As soon as they saw how successful Axl was with people, and that he had so much power with people, they went on the attack! People would literally riot on a whim over Axl!

He has also said that the more successful he got, the worse it became.

I looked, and tried to see where all of this negativity started :question:!

Would you believe, as hard as it is to believe, that THIS is the very incident where they first labeled the band dangerous, and especially Axl! They even blamed Axl, when he is clearly doing everything he can to help, the very opposite of what was reported in media! :anger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M125PLevphk

But why are some people in the public so easily brainwashed?

Axl has made some mistakes, like everyone has, but He is truly a good man deep down that doesn't deserve the negative things said of him.

crybaby.png

"Weeeeeeeeeeeeh! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeh! People are mean to Axl! Weeeeeeeeeeeeh! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeh!"