March 20th, 2013 - Brisbane, Australia

highvoltage

I'm a 2010 nutswinger like anyone else, but he started off that leg sounding like shit, had some shitty shows here and there. Reading wasnt very good, from what I recall. Taiwan and most of Canada wasnt that great, ACCORDING TO MY PERCEPTION, BASED ON YOUTUBE VIDEOS.

Glad to see Axl sound somewhat good this leg. Still lots left to be desired, though.

Btw, that Nice Boys I thought was really good. Yes he's singing higher but he has command of his voice and isnt gasping for breath. Thank God.

Uhh...no. Reading was pretty good, Canada really picked up about a third of the way in, it was really only Taipei, Seoul, Japan, and those first few Canadian shows in 2010 that were even kinda rough.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. So no more of this "You weren't at the show, you don't know how his voice REALLY sounded" shit...

Except you weren't at Brisbane and you DON'T know how his voice sounded there.

So stop thinking that a shitty mobile phone recording is in anyway similar to how he sounds live.

He was excellent on Wednesday night. The end.

Yeah. So no more of this "You weren't at the show, you don't know how his voice REALLY sounded" shit...

So stop thinking that a shitty mobile phone recording is in anyway similar to how he sounds live.

"I was there!"

The absolute worst counter to dozens of videos proving that Axl sounded like shit.

I'm a 2010 nutswinger like anyone else, but he started off that leg sounding like shit, had some shitty shows here and there. Reading wasnt very good, from what I recall. Taiwan and most of Canada wasnt that great, ACCORDING TO MY PERCEPTION, BASED ON YOUTUBE VIDEOS.

Glad to see Axl sound somewhat good this leg. Still lots left to be desired, though.

Btw, that Nice Boys I thought was really good. Yes he's singing higher but he has command of his voice and isnt gasping for breath. Thank God.

Uhh...no. Reading was pretty good, Canada really picked up about a third of the way in, it was really only Taipei, Seoul, Japan, and those first few Canadian shows in 2010 that were even kinda rough.
So you basically agree with me except for the "most" vs. "only a few" distinction about Canada, and your addition of Seoul, Japan. Oh, sorry, and you said Reading was pretty good whereas I said it wasnt Very good. Crucial distinction! I think most would agree that you didnt really contribute anything here. Not to mention I added a huge disclaimer saying "ACCORDING TO MY PERCEPTION" to avoid pointless argument. Thanks. Edited by Eu4ic

so lets say I have a camera, I use the camera to record a 2010 show, then I go to a 2012 show and record it with the same camera, WOW the sounds, the music/instruments sounds the same, but Axl's voice dont, something must be wrong with the mic, it cant record his voice well but others people voice and sounds are the same.

C'mon stop this, you think it sounds good because its too loud, the adrenaline, the loud instruments, youre jumping, etc.

I'm not bashing, trolling or something, im just saying that you CAN compare his voice in the videos with another eras/gigs/years.

Shhh!!! Axl sounds amazing in 2011, 2012, and 2013.... The Cameras are DEFECTIVE... Ask Jarmo if you can get him out of Axl's ass for a second.

Ali refuses to watch Tokyo '92 out of deep philosophical convictions: "Who knows, maybe the recording isnt how it really sounded!" chirps Ali. lol

I bought that the day it came out on VHS and watched it more times than I can count. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

The UYI tour was IMO the worst Axl has ever sounded when I've seen him.

Ali

Ali refuses to watch Tokyo '92 out of deep philosophical convictions: "Who knows, maybe the recording isnt how it really sounded!" chirps Ali. lol

Based on my experiences with people who have seen these vids, you need to be a pretty big gnr fan to like Tokyo 92.

Edited by cbgnr

I bought that the day it came out on VHS and watched it more times than I can count. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

The UYI tour was IMO the worst Axl has ever sounded when I've seen him.

Ali

Wow! You got it the day it came out! Did you get the GNR sleeping bag and collect all the figurines as well?

Ali I'm fucking around with you. Have a laugh.

Canada was great. He was a tad pitchy but made up for it by consistently hitting ridiculous high-notes that he hasn't tried since. The setlists were phenomenal as well. Edited by bacardimayne

I respect what you're saying I just seem to recall a lot of blood-curdling, out-of-breath rasp on those newer songs that, IMO, didnt sound that great. TIL early in that leg did NOT sound good, IMO, neither did SOD, Scraped, CITR, If the World... Those arent raspy songs. On the other hand I think he hit his stride in S. America.

I respect what you're saying I just seem to recall a lot of blood-curdling, out-of-breath rasp on those newer songs that, IMO, didnt sound that great. TIL early in that leg did NOT sound good, IMO, neither did SOD, Scraped, CITR, If the World... Those arent raspy songs. On the other hand I think he hit his stride in S. America.

To be fair, those were his first times doing most of those songs live ever. He had to work it out.

Edited by TheSeeker

Toronto 2010 is the best I've seen/ heard Axl sing

"I was there!"

The absolute worst counter to dozens of videos proving that Axl sounded like shit.

Yeeeup.