June 1st, 2013 - Lubbock, TX

WAR™

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody can deny that he sounds a lot better the last few shows. Maybe he's getting in shape to lay down studio vocals :awesomeface:

Didn't dj say he and axl are going to studio a while back? any updates about that?

They hung out together, but whether they actually hit the studio is unknown. It was Dj's plan, though.

not my video, but when I was at the show I felt Jungle had alot of power behind it (more than usual). I think this video shows just how much.

If a video can prove how good a song was, then a video can prove how bad a song was.

Fair enough. The atmosphere of being there is still incredible for me. It might not mean perfect vocals, but last night nobody would have said he sounded bad. Youtube videos are another animal though.

Rocket Queen was sang in his higher voice. The ending was good I believe though. Used to Love Her started out perfect then it was high the second half. You could be mine was the opposite of UTLH. Sweet Child was sang high. On KOHD when hes doing the four KOHD's with the crowd he sings all 4 different. The first one is casual, second one is deep rasp (1992 rasp), third is higher, and fourth is all out scream in perfect tune. Like I said before there were some really great moments tonight, I loved the show his voice sounded amazing, but I know there will be videos that will disappoint those looking for rasp.

Edited by IncitingChaos

IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO STAY UP PAST MIDNIGHT TO SEE THIS BAND DO NOT BUY A TICKET. Just don’t, okay. If you think this “isn’t Guns N’ Roses”, DO NOT BUY A TICKET. If you are not willing to just go with the flow and have a good time, DO NOT BUY A TICKET. There are most than enough people who are willing to pay whatever and stay up however late it takes to see this band.

:kiss:

Right on! :)

not good quality and not my video, but take a look if your interested.

Im interested in seeing Nighttrain. It seems that song is getting better and better live lately.

Nighttrain rocked in Dallas! The place went nuts! Also loved I used to love her! I was going crazy when Axl and GNR started to play that song!

Nobody can deny that he sounds a lot better the last few shows. Maybe he's getting in shape to lay down studio vocals :awesomeface:

Whatever Axl is doing he needs to keep it up! This was the third time I've seen GNR in 3 years and I think Axl sounded the best this time around.

HIs attitude is a good one too and I think that helps. Engaging with the band and you could clearly see he was having a good time. He was even kidding around with Bumblefoot's wife who was taking pictures to the side of the stage. He was putting the mic in her camera and pretending to kick her in the face. I actually think Axl is having a blast on this mini tour.

He looked very comfortable onstage as did the rest of the band. It was just awesome to see! It put a smile on my face for sure.

Rocket Queen was sang in his higher voice. The ending was good I believe though. Used to Love Her started out perfect then it was high the second half. You could be mine was the opposite of UTLH. Sweet Child was sang high. On KOHD when hes doing the four KOHD's with the crowd he sings all 4 different. The first one is casual, second one is deep rasp (1992 rasp), third is higher, and fourth is all out scream in perfect tune. Like I said before there were some really great moments tonight, I loved the show his voice sounded amazing, but I know there will be videos that will disappoint those looking for rasp.

Cool thanks very much. I figured as much. But, given how raspy and energetic Jungle and others have been lately, I tend to think we're moving in a positive direction.

Does no one have HD camera's in lubbock?

Haha they were doing some tough searches on everyone at the concert. It would have been hard to get a decent camera in there.

Cool thanks very much. I figured as much. But, given how raspy and energetic Jungle and others have been lately, I tend to think we're moving in a positive direction.

Definitely! I think Axl understands where he wants rasp and probably feels more comfortable using it in some situations than others. But like I said on KOHD he shows off all of his voices on the last four crowd participation ones. It's really cool to hear.