Toronto - July 15th

Amir

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 presales currently going on for a Toronto club show, and not one of them are sold out.

The mood has indeed shifted...

Yes the venue is shit LOL

Shows sell out there all the time.

GnR has always been a huge market in Toronto.

This is most unusual for a Toronto GnR market.

Still tickets left during a presale?..seems like scalpers aren't even touching this. :tongue2:

Not saying this won't eventually sell out, but this is clearly indicative of fan frustration...just gotta read this thread to see that.

But it shouldn't be surprising to anyone looking at it objectively. Never thought I'd pass on a GN'R show in Toronto but it appears this is what will happen.

4 presales currently going on for a Toronto club show, and not one of them are sold out.

The mood has indeed shifted...

Yes the venue is shit LOL

Shows sell out there all the time.

GnR has always been a huge market in Toronto.

This is most unusual for a Toronto GnR market.

Still tickets left during a presale?..seems like scalpers aren't even touching this. :tongue2:

Not saying this won't eventually sell out, but this is clearly indicative of fan frustration...just gotta read this thread to see that.

But it shouldn't be surprising to anyone looking at it objectively. Never thought I'd pass on a GN'R show in Toronto but it appears this is what will happen.

That's me too. To be fair though, I would be there if the timing was better and if I had some money to spare, but at the same time I'm not sorry to miss it.

The promotion was terrible for this concert. It was announced out of nowhere two weeks before the date and in a venue you normally wouldn't see a band like GnR at. Personally, I can't wait. I think it's going to be a great show and much more intimate than any concert they're accustomed to putting on in big stadiums.

The promotion was terrible for this concert. It was announced out of nowhere two weeks before the date and in a venue you normally wouldn't see a band like GnR at. Personally, I can't wait. I think it's going to be a great show and much more intimate than any concert they're accustomed to putting on in big stadiums.

Have to agree with the poor handling of the announcement from a timeline perspective. I can't comment on the actual promotion, not living in the area, but waiting until less than two weeks before the show to announce it is perplexing.

ali

Guest cbgnr666

This show will be jam packed to the rafters come show day.That's all that matters.People actually think that what is said here is indicative of how a show will do overall?Shake your head.Every time there is a new show its carbon copy comments about fans giving up,no on cares,the fans are going to revolt, there's loads of tickets left etc.etc.etc.

This show will be jam packed to the rafters come show day.That's all that matters.People actually think that what is said here is indicative of how a show will do overall?Shake your head.Every time there is a new show its carbon copy comments about fans giving up,no on cares,the fans are going to revolt, there's loads of tickets left etc.etc.etc.

Exactly and if the sales were shit they would simply cancel it.

Hey I'm not questioning if it will wind up being a full house.

I've heard radio ads, seen full page newspaper ads, saw it on the news and read it on Facebook.

What blows my mind is, after 2 days of numerous presales and 5 hours on sale to the general public, I can go there right now and buy a ticket. For GnR..Axl Rose..in a bar.

Toronto was always known as a voracious GnR fan base.

There was a time these tickets would have been gone in minutes.. if that.

And I'm talking less than 10 years ago.

I've always been a big supporter of nuGnR, but man, things are clearly not going well if it has come to this.

I've heard radio ads, seen full page newspaper ads, saw it on the news and read it on Facebook.

What blows my mind is, after 2 days of numerous presales and 5 hours on sale to the general public, I can go there right now and buy a ticket. For GnR..Axl Rose..in a bar.

I've always been a big supporter of nuGnR, but man, things are clearly not going well if it has come to this.

Economy is also shit...people are not spending.

In the end the show will be sold out. It's selling just as fast as any another major band would sell in this day in age.

Why charge the fans prices like that if the economy is shit?

I was about to edit my post about tickets being so expensive being another reason.

I have a feeling they are touring for cash (to fund the next album) and in the same time offering intimate shows for die hard fans.

Maybe they should have cut the die hard fans some slack on prices?

I contacted one friend who's been going to GnR shows since they opened for the Cult.

We've seen many nuGnR shows together.

His answer about this club show "I'm not paying 150 bucks to hear the Seeker".

I hope you're right about them recording a new album, because damn near everyone I know who gave nuGnR years of patience and more than a fair shake of chances, are really fed up with them still out there hawking mostly the classic material live.

I think that's the real reason this didn't sell out in a heartbeat.

Again, I'm sure it's going to be mad fun and a killer show, but if Toronto doesn't have 3,000 die hard fans convinced of that yet, well, I'd say it's more than economy.

Economy is also shit...people are not spending.

In the end the show will be sold out. It's selling just as fast as any another major band would sell in this day in age.

You obviously haven't been to Toronto lately if you think the economy is shit. Take a ride up the CN Tower and count how many cranes there are in the sky for construction jobs. Toronto is the richest city in Canada (and one of the richest in North America). With the GTA population sitting around 4-5.5 million people, $150 ticket prices shouldn't be a deciding factor in how fast this concert gets sold.

Also let's not forget that this band was able to sell-out (or almost sell out) the ACC in 2010 when the economy was far worse off than it is now.

If this were a Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews, hell even Taylor Swift (who sold out the Rogers Center - 50k capacity - two nights in a row last month), this concert this would have sold out in under a minute.

Edited by downzy

I admit the prices are a little steep, but the life experience is worth more than the cash. Some people never get a chance to see their favourite band. This will be my third time, and I hope there will be another after. I can understand people not being in the country or can't get off work etc, but those complaining about it being too expensive? That extra $50 on the price tag broke the bank and is the deciding factor on you seeing your favourite band in an intimate club venue? Pathetic

Yeah, I agree that $150 isn't a lot of money to see a big named band like GNR in a small setting. If you haven't had the chance this is a great opportunity. I would encourage anyone who hasn't seen this band play much or mostly in large venues to go. You'll definitely have a good time. For someone like me it's a little bit of a different proposition (seen them in a small club, seen them 14 times, $150 is too much for what is essentially the same show as the last time). But again, if you're not in the same category as me I highly recommend the show.

If you're cool with the ticket prices, that's fine.

It's not really the point here anyway.

The observation being made is, that Guns n Roses has not sold 3,230 tickets to a club show in a city that used to be one of the first guaranteed, or close to, sold out arena shows on any GnR North American tour. Since 1991.

In '02, '06 even...this club show would have been sold out in 60 seconds. Most of us would have been lucky to even get through to Ticketmaster. Even at these prices, these would have already been sold out.

Hell I dropped more than that to see them in NYC at Hammerstein.

It's just a glaring observation that this has not sold out yet, and I don't think price point is the factor..because what downzy said is absolutely correct.

They are saturating the market. As soon as specific markets aren't fiscally viable anymore they will turn to other markets, release new music, or take a long break. I really don't see the drama in this.

When was the last time they saturated Toronto?

When was the last time Guns n Roses played a bar in Toronto?

Bar or no bar. After a certain amount of touring markets will be saturated. Hopefully this means the band will either hit other markets or focus on releasing new music.

When was the last time they saturated Toronto?

When was the last time Guns n Roses played a bar in Toronto?

Bar or no bar. After a certain amount of touring markets will be saturated. Hopefully this means the band will either hit other markets or focus on releasing new music.
Last time they were in Toronto was January 2010. They've hit other markets (sometimes 2-3 times) since.