Toronto - July 15th

Amir

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I had the ninth person I know email/text/call me about the show on Monday. Not one person was going, but they were all contacting me assuming that I was. This tells me two things. First, the fact that ticket sales are slow can't be attributed to lack of promotion/public knowledge. These are all friends who in now way shape or form follow GNR or could be considered fans. It wasn't me telling them about it either. Second, while the slow process of detachment between myself and the band is no surprise to myself, most who called were shocked to find out I wasn't attending. It's really made me take another look at why I continue to follow this band at all, even my interest operates in a much smaller space. I find myself spending far more time discussing irrelevant issues in the Anything Goes section the past year than I do talking about GNR. Part of me is a bit sad about that, because I think it's fun to have silly, stupid obsession like a band. But at any rate, it's probably a good thing for me personally to move on from something that has been dying or dead for quite some time.

The band took a flight early this morning for Toronto. Hopefuly, Axl will be in a better shape then in 2010!

As long as he doesn't come out in a wheelchair, I think it will be easy to say "mission accomplished" on that front.

Ali

The band took a flight early this morning for Toronto. Hopefuly, Axl will be in a better shape then in 2010!

As long as he doesn't come out in a wheelchair, I think it will be easy to say "mission accomplished" on that front.

Ali

Might not be a bad idea, 40 C with humidex today!

Air conditioning aside, it's going to be toasty in there! :tongue2:

Ali

Might not be a bad idea, 40 C with humidex today!

Air conditioning aside, it's going to be toasty in there! :tongue2:

Idk if metropolis was air conditioned or not but it sure as fuck didnt feel like it... i probably lost a few pounds from all the sweat man lol

The show was awesome though... i hope hes able to recreate what he did last night for you guys tonight in TO... have a blast!