Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

On 8/5/2017 at 6:34 PM, AslatIE said:

Can't stop listening to the Back In Black LP, so good. It's something else in vinyl, like the band is coming alive

I'm well documented as being the non-AC/DC fan 'round these parts and even I own Back In Black and AC/DC Live on vinyl. Both sound bad ass.

• Like 1

On 2017-08-07 at 3:19 PM, AslatIE said:

Vinyl really makes the music come alive, really tempted to buy the Appetite LP I saw

Have you grabbed any GNR records yet? If not, definitely pick up Appetite at some point, but honestly I think The Spaghetti Incident? sounds just as good as AFD. Hearing TSI? on vinyl made me appreciate it more, it's awesome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Have you grabbed any GNR records yet? If not, definitely pick up Appetite at some point, but honestly I think The Spaghetti Incident? sounds just as good as AFD. Hearing TSI? on vinyl made me appreciate it more, it's awesome.

I'm saving up money for a Marshall head, but I'll definitely pick up a GNR record if I see one.

• Like 1

Got some Buckethead records a couple days ago, finally got to listen to them tonight.... Crime Slunk Scene sounds awesome, and I got the signed edition (#105). Really happy with that one :devilshades: The Elephant Mans Alarm Clock doesn't sound quite as good, there seemed to be a couple smudges on the vinyl and there was some noise in a couple tracks.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Got some Buckethead records a couple days ago, finally got to listen to them tonight.... Crime Slunk Scene sounds awesome, and I got the signed edition (#105). Really happy with that one :devilshades: The Elephant Mans Alarm Clock doesn't sound quite as good, there seemed to be a couple smudges on the vinyl and there was some noise in a couple tracks.

I was just talking about Bucket vinyl with a friend the other night. Is his stuff hard to track down? I have no idea.

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I was just talking about Bucket vinyl with a friend the other night. Is his stuff hard to track down? I have no idea.

He just released/is releasing some of his albums, only the 2 I've already got and Shadows Between The Sky have been shipped out so far. I'm most looking forward to Shadows Between The Sky and "Live From Bucketheadland" [a new live album] http://www.bucketheadpikes.com/

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up I Got Dem Ol Kozmic Blues Again Mama! (first Canadian pressing in good shape), it sounds so awesome. Is that a common theme for older records, CDN pressings being good? I've only got some original Canadian pressings but they all sound great, while I was in the store the guy was playing a first CDN press of Led Zeppelin II and the bass was so much clearer than on other pressing I've heard (mine's a US pressing for example).

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up recently:

Twin Peaks OST (red vinyl version)

Twin Peaks Score (green vinyl version)

Guns N' Roses - November Rain Picture Disc (from that one box set)

On it's way to me in the mail:

TMR Vault 33 - Icky Thump X

Johnny Jewel - Windswept

Johnny Jewel - Lost River OST 7" flex disc box set

Desire - Under Your Spell 12"

and at some point:

The Bad Batch OST (from Mondo/Death Waltz)

Hi guys,

I found on our auction website LP UYI I , but it looks little bit strange. The dealer says it is frist press from 1991 but the tracklist is different from classic UYI.

Look at this...it starts with: Dust and bones and there is missing: Right next door to hell

https://aukro.cz/guns-n-roses-use-your-illusion1-first-press-1991-6913773410

I found that it is some Korean edition, but can someone tell me, why is this Tracklist so different?

Thanks ;-)

2 hours ago, Cholerik said:

Hi guys,

I found on our auction website LP UYI I , but it looks little bit strange. The dealer says it is frist press from 1991 but the tracklist is different from classic UYI.

Look at this...it starts with: Dust and bones and there is missing: Right next door to hell

https://aukro.cz/guns-n-roses-use-your-illusion1-first-press-1991-6913773410

I found that it is some Korean edition, but can someone tell me, why is this Tracklist so different?

Thanks ;-)

Looks like a very poorly done bootleg to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Went out and bought a bunch of new stuff for a change over the weekend. One of my local shops had a 40% off everything in the store sale. So I picked up four of the new-ish Maiden 180g reissues (two 2LP's and two 3LP's), the deluxe 25th anniversary edition of STP's Core, and the 10x7" box set version of Anthrax's For All Kings. I think I paid about $175 for all of that. 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2017 at 7:55 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

My copy of Buckethead's Shadows Between The Sky finally got here today, there's a little bit of noise but it sounds better than The Elephant Mans Alarm Clock. (the albums aren't shrink-wrapped and TEMAC had smudges and a fair bit of noise). I'm just happy I finally own this album :D

Do you have a vacuum type record cleaning  machine? If not I highly recommend a Record Doctor as it is reasonably priced, $200.00 USD, and it may clean up the noise on your new vinyl. I also recommend getting an old used red colored Zerostat static gun to eliminate any static buildup as this can give you some pops and clicks on your new and old  vinyl..........from what I have read the new blue Milty static guns are poorly made but the old red gun are quality.......not cheap on ebay but effective eliminating vinyl static charge.....

I found those two items used together, before you play a record, make a big difference in eliminating noise even on new unplayed vinyl......

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1