Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

I must admit I never ever really got into the Rolling Stones. Aren’t there like 40 variants of the new album? Mental.

Now and Then has terrible artwork. Surely the Beatles could have done better than that?! 

Recently picked up:

- Porcupine Tree - new live album on preorder

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

I must admit I never ever really got into the Rolling Stones. Aren’t there like 40 variants of the new album? Mental.

Now and Then has terrible artwork. Surely the Beatles could have done better than that?! 

Recently picked up:

- Porcupine Tree - new live album on preorder

Yeah, the artwork for Now and Then was disappointing, not really befitting of the last single that wraps up their catalogue.

The Stones are notoriously greedy cunts, so it was to be expected that there would be unlimited amounts of variants for their die hard following to pick up from! That said, promotion for the album has been what it should be for an album from a big act and they're showing how it's done - their logo even made it onto Barcelona's football strip!

• Like 1

Just wanted my most wanted Led Zeppelin bootleg at a decent price! It is called "Custard Pie", it is from the 1980s and one of the only times their amazing 1973 Offenburg was pressed on vinyl. The only other time this show was pressed was when the album was included on the 70-LP monster set, "The Final Option", which goes for thousands of dollars. 

This is an okay audience recording, but it is quite possibly Jimmy Page's greatest performance. He is on fire the entire show. It should come in Monday. 

I am now at probably around 60 Led Zeppelin bootlegs. I am extremely lucky, there is an incredible store near me that keeps finding cases of them in the back. I have bought them all over time. I've since sold some show doubles, too. 

I also purchased some great GNR- related pieces. One is a bizarre 1980s press of their 87 show at the Horizon in NY called "Roses are Rad". I also have a 3- lp boxset called "Axl/DC" which is AC/DC's 2016 Dusseldorf show in its entirety. Axl sounds great. 

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 8:38 AM, ToonGuns said:

They released so many versions. I ended up with an alternate version from some artist they commissioned. I liked it more than the original cover. 

• 3 weeks later...

My Perhaps/General 7" arrived today. It sounds fine, aside from the bass drum clipping on TG... can't believe they released the song like that, and can't believe so many people here don't seem to notice it. :facepalm:

Also got a copy of RHCP Live In Hyde Park, 3LP set from the By The Way era. Fortune Faded, Leverage Of Space, Rolling Sly Stone, Universally Speaking and Throw Away Your TV are all highlights.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cosmo said:

Found this on FNAC. Funny it's a 2002 bootleg with a reunion artwork cover :lol:

EDIT: Just noticed they drew Steven Adler on drums :lol:

Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 16.33.21.png

I just picked that one up. Do you know what shows it has? Paradise City seems to be Leeds 2002, but the album also has My Michelle which i don’t think they did that night 

55 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I just picked that one up. Do you know what shows it has? Paradise City seems to be Leeds 2002, but the album also has My Michelle which i don’t think they did that night 

Don't really know, man! I actually didn't buy it, just took the pic to show you guys

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Don't really know, man! I actually didn't buy it, just took the pic to show you guys

Fair enough! I got it as soon as it went up because as far as I know, only 2 NuGNR live albums exist on vinyl, including this one

Its crazy, there is only 1 reunion one too

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Fair enough! I got it as soon as it went up because as far as I know, only 2 NuGNR live albums exist on vinyl, including this one

Its crazy, there is only 1 reunion one too

It's really insane :lol:

It's like they don't want money lol

• 3 months later...
On 4/20/2024 at 7:58 PM, Dean said:

Did anyone indulge in Record Store Day?

Pulls for me:

Faces BBC Sessions

The Replacements Not Ready For Prime Time TV

The Stones self titled

Yes. My stash:

- Steven Wilson

- Bill Evans

- Parliament

- Mansun

- Kenny Dorham

Pretty much for everything I wanted and spent a lot less than last year (budget was blown last year as Van Halen live was £95).

Was busier than last year as well. Possibly the busiest ever RSD I can remember. I got up at 4.45am, left the house at 5am, got to the store around 6am and there was already 30 people in the queue. 

• Like 1