Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Slave to the Grind is so hard to find in the US on vinyl but it's such a kick ass record. I'd love for them to repress it, but I'm also happy with my OP for now

Yea, it's odd that they re-pressed B-Side Ourselves a year or two ago, and the S/T album a few years ago, but they never did Slave To The Grind. It is indeed a kick ass record tho, I'm excited to play it when it gets here :headbang:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea, it's odd that they re-pressed B-Side Ourselves a year or two ago, and the S/T album a few years ago, but they never did Slave To The Grind. It is indeed a kick ass record tho, I'm excited to play it when it gets here :headbang:

I would love a Skid Row box set with all the bach era albums plus like a live show thrown in or something.

I have them all as it is (including subhuman) but would buy something like that in a heartbeat still. Though tensions in the group will probably always prevent anything like that from happening.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

I would love a Skid Row box set with all the bach era albums plus like a live show thrown in or something.

I have them all as it is (including subhuman) but would buy something like that in a heartbeat still. Though tensions in the group will probably always prevent anything like that from happening.

I'd love to hear an official release of something like Wembley '91, Rio '92 or Budokan '92. Anything from the Slave To The Grind tour would be awesome. And I'd buy that box too... only ever seen Subhuman on discogs/ebay for crazy $$$. The 'Subhuman Beings On Tour' EP would be cool to have on vinyl, too.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

I'd love to get subhuman. It's the only one I'm missing currently. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone interested, Ion Records released limited copies of "Bucketheadland 2" on black and colored vinyl. That's the same label that released "Population Override" a few years ago.

Here's the link:

https://ionrecords.bandcamp.com/album/bucketheadland-2

0015029736_10.jpg

0015029723_10.jpg

On 12/14/2018 at 10:36 AM, RussTCB said:

Added a couple of new things lately, first spins of these will be tonight-

End Of Days Soundtrack
George Ezra - Staying At Tamara's
Pink Floyd - Live In NYC 1977

How does End Of Days sound? I wanna pick that up but the cheapest I've seen it so far is about $45 CDN and there's only a few songs I like on there... I really want OMG on vinyl tho... <_<

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

How does End Of Days sound? I wanna pick that up but the cheapest I've seen it so far is about $45 CDN and there's only a few songs I like on there... I really want OMG on vinyl tho... <_<

I bought it solely for OMG. Just had to have it, which I know is unreasonable lol. 

In any case, it does sound better than the digital version IMO. Not a ton better, but better for sure. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I bought it solely for OMG. Just had to have it, which I know is unreasonable lol. 

In any case, it does sound better than the digital version IMO. Not a ton better, but better for sure. 

Nice. I'll probably try to pick that one up after xmas.

How do the drums sound on OMG? It took some messing around with EQ's on the CD/digital version for the drums not to sound completely buried...

21 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Nice. I'll probably try to pick that one up after xmas.

How do the drums sound on OMG? It took some messing around with EQ's on the CD/digital version for the drums not to sound completely buried...

Sounded pretty solid to me, overall. 

• Like 2

The turntable portion of my Locked & Loaded Bundle arrived yesterday. It's pretty much what I thought it was; a Pro Ject Essential III. I like the sound of my current deck (AT-LP240) so I think I'm going to stick with that. I believe I'm going to gift the GN'R Pro Ject to a buddy who needs an upgrade.

Besides that, I got some awesome news yesterday. A buddy of mine sent me this pic:
jv4105.jpg

Amused To Death is one of my favorite albums of all time. I have an OP and I also have the 2 LP 200g edition Analogue Productions released a couple of years back. I will buy this too. This is going to be about $125 and I absolutely just do not care. I have to have this!

• Like 2

I got some great stuff for Christmas!

AC/DC - High Voltage and Fly on the Wall

Alter Bridge - Blackbird

Aerosmith - Toys in the Attic

Queen - Greatest Hits I and II

Chris Stapleton - Traveller

Wolfmother - Cosmic Egg

Marillion - Clutching at Straws remastered, which sounds absolutely amazing! One of the most underrated bands and albums of the 1980s!

• Like 3

got the George Harrison Vinyl Collction for Xmas. What a beautiful box set. It contains all twelve solo studio albums, live in Japan and two picture disc singles. The box set has a lenticular image of George on the front that changes from a young George to an older George. It's super cool.

Edited by Stiff Competition
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I gave my friend the GNR turntable yesterday. Set it up for him and it sounds really good. 

@Stiff Competition I was very surprised when I opened the box to find that it's the acrylic platter included. 

Damn, that's a nice upgrade. The essential III doesn't normally come with that.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:49 PM, RussTCB said:

Yeah, I was very surprised. 

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:08 PM, Stiff Competition said:

Damn, that's a nice upgrade. The essential III doesn't normally come with that.

C'mon now, you guys don't think I would recommend shit to you do you?  ;):P:headbang:

Edited by troccoli
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, troccoli said:

C'mon now, you guys don't think I would recommend shit to you do you?  ;):P:headbang:

No, not at all my friend! It's just that @Stiff Competitionand I know turntables very well. We're both very well versed in the Pro Ject line up. We were both surprised (and happy!) that the acrylic platter was included with a Essential III because it usually isn't :)

• Like 1