Precisely which lines of ChiDem are played by Buckethead?

I've really gotten into Buckethead lately, because his album Colma is unreal, start to finish.

Which guitar performances on ChiDem are verified to be Bucket? Not just written by him and re-recorded by Paul Tobias or Funk or Bumble, but all pure Bucket?

Solos..

2nd half of Chi Dem solo, Sorry, Madatnascar, Scraped (outro), ITW intro and main solo, 2nd TWAT solo, fast Better solo (1st?), Street of Dreams end solo (under vocals), IRS 2nd solo

Off the top of my head..

Edited by Lawzy

Niceguy, listen to "Monsters and Robots" , "Bucketheadland", "Giant Robot" and "The Dragons of Eden". Amazing albums ! "Pumpkin" is scary! Oh "Somewhere Over the Slaughterhouse" is also very good!

No way he did the CITR outro. It's too un-melodic for Bucket.

We need to check this out.

Anyway there's the Bucket main solo version of Riad, you can easily find it at youtube I guess.

Ditto, love Bucket and Finck..I dig the new guys too though so I'll be happy as long as I actually get to hear a new album, haha.

CITR outro is listed as Finck in the booklet, it might be wrong but there are some Finck style bends in there.

Think the CITR outro might be Finck..

ur probably right!

I hope there's more Bucket + Robin + Paul on a new album because the next album (doesn't matter when it happens) will probably be the last chance to hear 'em on a GN'R album.

I think the outro is Bumblefoot.

As far as there being more of the old members on the next album, I doubt it.... Chances are it will be the material they wrote during the CD sessions, but I'm sure by now Bumble has rerecorded over 90% of Buckethead's stuff and I'm sure that Axl has had Dj record over Finck's parts. Paul I'm sure could still be on, since he was on CD songs even though he hadn't been in the band for years. I'm guessing since he is a close friend of Axl, he's still considered a part of the band.

Chinese Democracy

the guitar right before Robin's main riff (0:47)

the shredding guitars right at the start of the song and before the solo (1:33) (2:53)

the 2nd bit of the main solo (3:22) that's extended through the outro, following Axl's vocals (3:38)

Shackler's Revenge

the main riff (0:00) (0:24) (1:08) (3:31)

the industrial guitars on the left channel on the verses (0:10) (1:12)

the whammy guitar riffing during the main chorus ("I dont believe there's a reason") (0:54) (1:43)

Better

the lick right before the 2nd verse (1:20)

the 1st guitar solo (2:15)

the shredding licks and the killswitch right before Robin's solo ("All that I wanted") (3:24)

Street of Dreams

The outro solo (3:50)

If The World

Flamenco guitars throughout (0:07) (2:00) (3:07) (4:12)

Solo (3:19)

There Was a Time

The guitar following Axl's vocals on the 1st verse (0:14-0:55)

Outro guitar solo (4:43 thro the ending)

Scraped

The lick right before the 2nd verse (1:15)

The outro guitar solo (2:55)

Riad

Guitar licks before the choruses (1:28) (2:26)

The guitar "duel" at the ending of the song (Bucket on the left, Ron on the right) (3:30)

Sorry

The main wah riff played throughout

The main guitar solo (2:56-3:38)

The wah guitar on the left at the ending (5:35-5:58)

I.R.S.

Guitar Solo (3:33-3:54)

Maddy

Guitar on the left after the verses (1:09-1:40)

Main Solo (3:02)

Wah guitar on the left during the 2nd verse (1:57-2:56) (I am not totally sure, could be Robin during the verses but I'll check, it's probably Bucket)

Prostitute

Guitar following Axl's vocals on the left (0:36-0:58) (1:44-2:10) (3:28-3:33)

Both guitar solos (3:03) (4:19)

Shredding reeeeally low in the mix starting at (4:54)

Keep in mind that most of his rhythm stuff is on the left channel, but there's Rich, Paul and Ron that also added some of their guitar tracks on the left channel so it's hard to know exactly. Songs like Maddy and Prostitute feature him heavily on the rhythm.

I didn't know bucket was on that much material... I always imagined Scraped and sorry were newer songs written after he left.

Edited by liers

I didn't know bucket was on that much material... I always imagined Scraped and sorry were newer songs written after he left.

Well he co-wrote both of those songs. He is massive on CD, these solos of course but a ton of rhythm work as well. He is by far a key member on CD and we have only heard a drop of what he has done with the band. But will we ever hear all of it, dunno. But there are of course dozens of songs with his solos/rhytyms and more songs that he co-wrote with Axl. It is a damn shame that he left.

No, he in fact wrote/co wrote those songs. He's a key member on CD and I'm totally sure he'll be a key member on the next album (CD sessions) :)

And yes, both Catcher solos are Ron's as well as the intro and the rhythm on the left throughout. Robin is credited for the lick he did after the actual solo and I never understood why.

Pretty sad thing to say, but I really hope the highly hypothetical next album is the Chinese Leftovers.

But don't call it ChiDem II, that sounds stupid.

Chinese Democracy

the guitar right before Robin's main riff (0:47)

the shredding guitars right at the start of the song and before the solo (1:33) (2:53)

the 2nd bit of the main solo (3:22) that's extended through the outro, following Axl's vocals (3:38)

Shackler's Revenge

the main riff (0:00) (0:24) (1:08) (3:31)

the industrial guitars on the left channel on the verses (0:10) (1:12)

the whammy guitar riffing during the main chorus ("I dont believe there's a reason") (0:54) (1:43)

Better

the lick right before the 2nd verse (1:20)

the 1st guitar solo (2:15)

the shredding licks and the killswitch right before Robin's solo ("All that I wanted") (3:24)

Street of Dreams

The outro solo (3:50)

If The World

Flamenco guitars throughout (0:07) (2:00) (3:07) (4:12)

Solo (3:19)

There Was a Time

The guitar following Axl's vocals on the 1st verse (0:14-0:55)

Outro guitar solo (4:43 thro the ending)

Scraped

The lick right before the 2nd verse (1:15)

The outro guitar solo (2:55)

Riad

Guitar licks before the choruses (1:28) (2:26)

The guitar "duel" at the ending of the song (Bucket on the left, Ron on the right) (3:30)

Sorry

The main wah riff played throughout

The main guitar solo (2:56-3:38)

The wah guitar on the left at the ending (5:35-5:58)

I.R.S.

Guitar Solo (3:33-3:54)

Maddy

Guitar on the left after the verses (1:09-1:40)

Main Solo (3:02)

Wah guitar on the left during the 2nd verse (1:57-2:56) (I am not totally sure, could be Robin during the verses but I'll check, it's probably Bucket)

Prostitute

Guitar following Axl's vocals on the left (0:36-0:58) (1:44-2:10) (3:28-3:33)

Both guitar solos (3:03) (4:19)

Shredding reeeeally low in the mix starting at (4:54)

Keep in mind that most of his rhythm stuff is on the left channel, but there's Rich, Paul and Ron that also added some of their guitar tracks on the left channel so it's hard to know exactly. Songs like Maddy and Prostitute feature him heavily on the rhythm.

That's a really great post man. I found out some of these but you nailed the thing. Many many thanks !