The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

21 hours ago, lame ass security said:

The Soupy Sales Show

What? My mom used to watch that when she was a kid. Is it still on tv or dvd or what? lol

She told me he got in trouble for telling the kids to take money from his parents purses and wallets and send it to him. lol

I watched:

Last Man Standing

The cool kids

Dynasty

Proven Innocent

Warrior

23 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

What? My mom used to watch that when she was a kid. Is it still on tv or dvd or what? lol

She told me he got in trouble for telling the kids to take money from his parents purses and wallets and send it to him. lol

I watched:

Last Man Standing

The cool kids

Dynasty

Proven Innocent

Warrior

It's on Jewish Life Television on DirecTV.  I was just scrolling through the higher channels and caught it one afternoon.

Riverdale

Single Parents

See no evil

Happy!

Seinfeld

On 5/4/2019 at 1:35 PM, lame ass security said:

It's on Jewish Life Television on DirecTV.  I was just scrolling through the higher channels and caught it one afternoon.

I'm not sure if I get that channel. I have Frontier cable. Anyway, my mom used to watch Soupy as a kid.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I havent seen this yet, looks promising.   I assume you saw All That Jazz?  Roy Scheider has always been a favorite of mine and he was awesome in it.

All That Jazz is all time top ten for me. The finale is my  favorite scene in cinema. Very excited to see how the film is covered in the series. 

Scheider is unforgivably underrated as both an actor and movie star. 

38 minutes ago, Angelica said:

All That Jazz is all time top ten for me. The finale is my  favorite scene in cinema. Very excited to see how the film is covered in the series. 

Scheider is unforgivably underrated as both an actor and movie star. 

Totally agree.  Most people just know him from Jaws, which is cool, but he was a great actor.  I think he won the Best Supporting Actor for his role in The French Connection.   

Edit: He was nominated for his role in The French Connection but did not win.

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 1

I watched 20/20. it was about the mother from Rowlett Texas who was accused of killing little boys in the early 90's. I remember this case. Police feel Darlie killed her little boys and then injured herself.

After watching this special, I'm not so sure the mom did it. Her husband and her family and friends don't believe she could have done this horrible crime.

There was a neighbor who saw a black car parked in front of their home on two occasions and the police never followed up on this.

Darlie is on death row for 20 years now. I really hope that the police got this case right because it would be terrible for an innocent woman to be put to death. The police never followed the lead about the mysterious car. It's just a sad story.

Either way two little boys are gone and so many are left to mourn them.

On 24-5-2019 at 9:47 PM, username said:

Absolutey loving it so far. 

Edit: Just absolutely brilliant. 

I've seen the first 3 now (the 4th isn't out yet) and this is probably one of the best things I've seen in a while. I love the atmosphere they've managed to create. It's unsettling and depressing. 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2019 at 3:48 AM, username said:

I've seen the first 3 now (the 4th isn't out yet) and this is probably one of the best things I've seen in a while. I love the atmosphere they've managed to create. It's unsettling and depressing. 

The incredibly oppressive atmosphere of despair and dread that they’ve made so compulsively riveting is quite an accomplishment. It’s just top tier.

• Like 2

Re Chernobyl, the hardest thing for me to deal with in this series was the dog shooting stuff (well, alongside the scenes of people abandoning their pets earlier on). Even though I understand it was ultimately humane and necessary. What this says about me...I don’t care.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Angelica said:

Re Chernobyl, the hardest thing for me to deal with in this series was the dog shooting stuff (well, alongside the scenes of people abandoning their pets earlier on). Even though I understand it was ultimately humane and necessary. What this says about me...I don’t care.

If you listen to the podcast, the reality of what happened to the animals was even more gruesome than they portrayed in the miniseries :/